2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    So happy for Conner. The joy on his face after hitting that shot was incredible. Not just excitement; it was pure, unadulterated joy.
    When I close my eyes, I could imagine something similar happening if that shot would have gone in at the end of that Cinci game. What an amazing moment that would have been. Instant legendary status.

It was nice to get that CF game winner experience, even if we had to wait a few extra years for it to happen. [It was so nice of hime to give us the bonus one the game before as well :) ]

He’s improved a ton as a pro and I don’t think it’s insane to think he could get a shout from and NBA team at some point.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      I've never understood the argument of let the players decide the game. If they foul, they foul. And that's deciding the outcome of the game. If you don't call a foul a foul just because it's at the end of the game, the ref has taken it out of the players hands.
      AMEN

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

In listening to referees that are considered top class from multiple sports.. they often view the rule books as guidelines that are not “black and white.” Their job is to manage the game so that both sides feel they had a fair shot, the game has a natural flow, and chaos is limited. In summary, the best refs do not call everything that occurs in a game.

In my opinion- top class refs don’t call that a foul. CF was not out of control, the contact was bang - bang, and the level of difficulty for that finish was pretty damn high (so the defender accomplished his goal). The ultimate way to tell is to watch the reaction of the ALS teammates- they all thought they lost the game because none of them were looking for a charge to be called.
        I fail to see the bang/bang part of the play. Most block/charge calls can be very close and tough to call, but this one was easy. The defender beat him by plenty to the spot and CF ran through him.

Comment

• My final comment on this matter, and one we can ALL agree on, is that LAST NIGHT, A foul is a foul is a foul wasn't even a close observation. It was once in a while a foul was a foul was a foul, or sometimes ..............................., or occasionally ........................., but our guys persevered.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Come on Shocker Nation. Time to step up!

https://twitter.com/WizKellyy/status...047831559?s=19
            Surprised they aren’t all crashing at pattys.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              Surprised they aren’t all crashing at pattys.
              she invited them over for a game of charades and a nice lasagna

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                Has any of them even mentioned his name thus far?
                I'm flattered that you would expect me to know something like that. You might wanna' ask someone else, because I'm not that much of an insider. Doc, maybe?

Comment

Haven't heard him mentioned at all, have a feeling not all would be on board with it. Is this the first time Fred has been back since he graduated?

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post

Haven't heard him mentioned at all, have a feeling not all would be on board with it. Is this the first time Fred has been back since he graduated?
                    Fred has been back. He was at game during the season after he graduated and then came back one summer to do a basketball camp and pop-up sales/autograph event.

78-65

Comment

Garrett Stutz wrote a publicized letter defending him and he hasn’t mentioned his name this week. What does that prove? Bake made this week and this reunion about helping the CURRENT coach, players, and program. I haven’t seen Durley, Darius, Bradley, Cooz, and MANY, NO MOST PAST players. Does that mean they don’t support the program?

Comment

• Speaking of. Any of the way back guys in town (AC, XMan, etc.)?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          Speaking of. Any of the way back guys in town (AC, XMan, etc.)?
                          Really, a small minority of players came

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Really, a small minority of players came
                            Thought I read where 40+ former players were here sometime during the tournament…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I'm flattered that you would expect me to know something like that. You might wanna' ask someone else, because I'm not that much of an insider. Doc, maybe?
                              I'm talking publicly in interviews. Has any of the media covering TBT made mention of 3G?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Garrett Stutz wrote a publicized letter defending him and he hasn’t mentioned his name this week. What does that prove?
                                To me, it's an indicator that the guy is radioactive.

Comment

Working...
                                X