X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You get 6 fouls.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      Incredible game. So glad we are able to host these games in the dog days of summer.

Can anyone who watched on TV comment on the first Frankamp game winner they waived off due to a “charge”?
      My daughter was taking video of the play. I watched it several times. It was a good call.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It's really, really cool for this event and worked out well for us a couple of times, but no.
        I would trade for ELAM every day of the week. Such an improvement to organized basketball. Unorganized basketball figured out that playing to a target score was better 100+ years ago… it is about time for organized basketball to catch up.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

As a mid 1990’s WSU student… you guys are wrong. When there was an opportunity to prove something shocker fans showed up.

Turg had crazy crowds for NIT games - there was nothing quite like the NIT FSU game… nothing. Smithson had crazy crowds whenever there was a glimpse of hope.

HCGM has his insane legacy, but WSU fans showing up to unorthodox basketball events is baked in the cake.
          NIT FSU still probably number one game for me. At some point I recognized I was witnessing something special
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• WOW, just stinkin' WOW!!!! What an incredible game. What an incredible tournament. There is so much emotion still going through me right now. I was blessed to be able to share this with my wife, my two daughters and their husbands, and two of my grandkids. Thank you Aftershocks for creating a family memory that will live on long after I am gone. We are a already looking forward to attending next year!
            Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              Loads more fans at this game!20210720_194815.jpg
              You say right behind me. I am in your picture.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Have you seen his lady?? She fine AF.
                Didn’t mean it that way. His quote with Zelle was… bad, to say the least.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Elam Ending in college basketball or NBA is the worst idea in the history of western civilization. I mean, it’s a lot of fun for a novelty tournament, don’t get me wrong. I very much enjoy the Elam Ending, but not at the expense of buzzer beaters. No, Elam does not guarantee every game ends in a buzzer beater. You can’t have a buzzer beater without a buzzer. Not the same at all.

If they take buzzer beaters away from the NCAA tournament, I will cry forever

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Didn’t mean it that way. His quote with Zelle was… bad, to say the least.
                    Why?

Comment

• At the start of the Elam ending they reset the shot clock. Is that the rule, if so they need to change that.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        Watched it another 5 times, Frankamp was on his way up before the guy got set.
                        The defender doesn’t have to be totally set. Look at the play earlier in the game when Hannah took a charge, he wasn’t set at all but the ball handler barreled into him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

The defender doesn’t have to be totally set. Look at the play earlier in the game when Hannah took a charge, he wasn’t set at all but the ball handler barreled into him.
                          Correct but the defender can’t slide in after the player begins their shooting motion (as far as I know) which is what it looked like to me. I watched the broadcast after I got home last night and in slow mo I agreed more with the call.

Great back door play, great defense and great officiating it turns out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post
                            Elam Ending in college basketball or NBA is the worst idea in the history of western civilization. I mean, it’s a lot of fun for a novelty tournament, don’t get me wrong. I very much enjoy the Elam Ending, but not at the expense of buzzer beaters. No, Elam does not guarantee every game ends in a buzzer beater. You can’t have a buzzer beater without a buzzer. Not the same at all.

If they take buzzer beaters away from the NCAA tournament, I will cry forever
                            I really like the Elam ending and I think it’s the better way to finish a game, all things being equal.

I’m also kind of a traditionalist and enjoy some variety so I’m not 100% convinced I would change NBA and NCAA.

I understand you’re a Twitter account and the point of Twitter, especially fake accounts, is to be as extreme and hyperbolic as possible. But from 1977-2019 there were only 32 buzzer beaters in the NCAA tournament.

A game is far more likely to grind to a halt and end in an over long free throw and foul fest than feature an exciting buzzer beater.

Comment

• Did anyone catch what the chirping was about between the teams early in the game? Wanting to think it was just before the start of the 2nd quarter. Looked like Bush was trying to separate McDuffie from one of their guys..
                              Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by 12eagle View Post

But I don’t think the foul count resets at the start of the elem ending. So you wouldn’t want to be over the limit going into the elem ending. I’m not 100 percent sure on how this rule works.
                                Being below the number of fouls we needed, allowed Zach Brown to get really physical on the last couple of possessions and force the officials to call a foul, which they didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X