2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    I'll go along with that obvious comment. HIs block in the corner was huge and the winning break doesn't get started without it.
    Casual comments... the officiating was rough - again. There was less contact in an MMA fight than some of the fisticuffs going on it that game. At times it was just who could beat the **** out of the other team.
    Thought Zach Bush was bush league getting a Technical for jawing with one of the ALS players. It looked really juvenile.
    Also thought it was very interesting that during the late time out, Garrett Stutz took over the time out and was doing all of the coaching and setting strategy.
    Very interesting.
    TBT is all about entertainment and tonight was their signature game for future promos.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• So happy for Conner. The joy on his face after hitting that shot was incredible. Not just excitement; it was pure, unadulterated joy.

We have something so special here. No place in the country can replicate this. I hope every former, current, and future player and coach recognize that. A summer tournament, a game the same night as the NBA Finals, and 6.5K show up? Unreal. What an atmosphere.

I also hope every player under Marshall will give him his due for what he has built. That won’t happen, but it should. IB is in charge now, but Marshall built this monster into one that not only was successful, but also reflects the values and identity of this community. The program and a tournament like this likely won’t look the same in five years, and maybe in some ways, that will be a good thing. But without Marshall, none of this happens. None of it.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Is that Zach Brown in the pink shoes? If you watch him he gets upset he didn't get the ball and does a little stomp, but then jumps and celebrates once Frankamp hits the winner :)
        He was right to be pissed in the moment. He was wide open for a game winning dunk and they passed out. He stopped when Conner went up, but he had put himself in perfect position and he thought they blew another opportunity to put it away.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          So happy for Conner. The joy on his face after hitting that shot was incredible. Not just excitement; it was pure, unadulterated joy.

We have something so special here. No place in the country can replicate this. I hope every former, current, and future player and coach recognize that. A summer tournament, a game the same night as the NBA Finals, and 6.5K show up? Unreal. What an atmosphere.

I also hope every player under Marshall will give him his due for what he has built. That won’t happen, but it should. IB is in charge now, but Marshall built this monster into one that not only was successful, but also reflects the values and identity of this community. The program and a tournament like this likely won’t look the same in five years, and maybe in some ways, that will be a good thing. But without Marshall, none of this happens. None of it.
          THIS. SO EFFING THIS.

Comment

• Franschilla kept calling the Aftershox “Wichita State”! Natural but I still love it!

Comment

So happy for Conner. The joy on his face after hitting that shot was incredible. Not just excitement; it was pure, unadulterated joy.

I think the program will be similar or the same as IB was groomed under Marshall. Now once IB leaves or retires then the program might not be the same and reflect Marshall and Browns ways. Unless we hire a coach that has similar coaching tendencies as Marshall and Brown. For now we are in good hands in my opinion.
              Shocker Alumni
              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                Is Conner a chubby chaser??
                Have you seen his lady?? She fine AF.

Comment

Kel,
                  You've made some interesting posts over the years, most I've agreed with - some not so much.
                  However, this one goes straight into the ShockerNet Hall of Fame.
                  I could not add anything to this post to make it any more accurate or profound. I am for once, at a loss for words.

Well done young man, well done!

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post
                    l question whether coaches would simply start fouling earlier in the game in order to close the gap before the Elam kicks in. Also, I'm in good health but I couldn't take a whole season of Shocker basketball with the Elam Ending. My heart wouldn't hold up!
                    I believe that after the 5th team foul in the 4th period the team gets one shot and the ball to prevent this.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12eagle View Post

I believe that after the 5th team foul in the 4th period the team gets one shot and the ball to prevent this.
                      I believe it's only in the Elam ending. Though all fourth quarter like you say could fix that.

Comment

• Hats off to both teams for playing their collective asses off. I find it all but impossible to believe 2 teams could play that freaking hard in a summer league game like that. Guts.

There are SO many things good about tonight.

Big Bush may be the head coach, but Bake and Stutz were doin' work all game long. Those 2 locked in.

Like pogo said earlier, ALS game plan was no way Frankamp is beating us. He struggled to get a look all night. Then BOOM FREAKING BOOM. Loved his emotion.

Man when DiLeo hit that 3rd three....How can you not like that kid? Would have loved to see him play here.

Clevin freaking Hannah. Took the summer off. Had to beg him to play when guys went down. He was TREMENDOUS on both ends of the court. Got the late charge, made the extra pass, scored when we HAD to have points. Dude has made Wichita home, and is a professional in every way. ELITE Shocker Alumni.

Was there a dude in the "student section" poppin' a purple WSU uni? Like old school K-State purple? What's with kids these days?

How we stopped those guys on 6 straight possessions at the end is beyond me.

55 traveled. Like 8 steps traveled.

ELITE defense. ELITE SHOCKER DEFENSE.

I wish we had 10 Rashard Kellys.

Did I mention Clevin Hannah is a stud?

Is there anything better than the pure joy in Dexter Dennis' face after the game? He was loving life.....awesome.

I feel extremely blessed to be able to attend the game tonight. I hope I never forget it. Thank you AfterShocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I believe it's only in the Elam ending. Though all fourth quarter like you say could fix that.
                          But I don’t think the foul count resets at the start of the elem ending. So you wouldn’t want to be over the limit going into the elem ending. I’m not 100 percent sure on how this rule works.

Comment

• Was at the game in the student section right behind the kid in the K State purple jersey... SMH

What an amazing atmosphere and fun game. What is the foul limit per player in TBT? Is it not 5? If so #23 for ALS had 5 when he charged and got hurt. He came back to fumble the ball out of bounds after that. I thought Conner had 4 going into the ELAM ending and his charge would have been 5 as well. Is it different?

Also, when ALS took the timeout to start the ELAM ending at 3:59, they had 9 seconds on the shot clock. It reset after the timeout? Why? Someone else noticed this earlier in the thread. Anyone have answers to any of these?

I know this is summer hoops, but this was one of my favorite moments in Koch of all time. No matter what it meant, it was special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
                              Was at the game in the student section right behind the kid in the K State purple jersey... SMH

What an amazing atmosphere and fun game. What is the foul limit per player in TBT? Is it not 5? If so #23 for ALS had 5 when he charged and got hurt. He came back to fumble the ball out of bounds after that. I thought Conner had 4 going into the ELAM ending and his charge would have been 5 as well. Is it different?

Also, when ALS took the timeout to start the ELAM ending at 3:59, they had 9 seconds on the shot clock. It reset after the timeout? Why? Someone else noticed this earlier in the thread. Anyone have answers to any of these?

I know this is summer hoops, but this was one of my favorite moments in Koch of all time. No matter what it meant, it was special.
                              6 fouls like the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Kel,
                                You've made some interesting posts over the years, most I've agreed with - some not so much.
                                However, this one goes straight into the ShockerNet Hall of Fame.
                                I could not add anything to this post to make it any more accurate or profound. I am for once, at a loss for words.

Well done young man, well done!

That is all.
                                As a mid 1990’s WSU student… you guys are wrong. When there was an opportunity to prove something shocker fans showed up.

Turg had crazy crowds for NIT games - there was nothing quite like the NIT FSU game… nothing. Smithson had crazy crowds whenever there was a glimpse of hope.

HCGM has his insane legacy, but WSU fans showing up to unorthodox basketball events is baked in the cake.

Comment

Working...
                                X