No announcement yet.

2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ending of the Stillwater game was frickin nuts. OSU comes from 23 down to win. Hate Goatlube, but a hell of a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Ending of the Stillwater game was frickin nuts. OSU comes from 23 down to win. Hate Goatlube, but a hell of a game.
      Well, you can always count on Gottlieb to steal one.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Agree that Saturdays teams better than the first nights but the referees were just as terrible. Finally saw a travel and illegal screen call made today and the inconsistency of their overall game is horrible.

Comment

• Shocks played no D the first 5 minutes of the game. They then did a 180 and D'd up the rest of the game.

I look for a better, more cohesive performance today, if they haven't been distracted by the numerous hometown -ahem- comforts available.

Comment

• We going to have a bigger crowd for today's game than the ~4,000 of Friday?

Comment

We going to have a bigger crowd for today's game than the ~4,000 of Friday?
              I think so. I thought Friday was over 4k though, so what do i know. There will be a LOT of good basketball today. Saturday was outstanding. I would encourage everyone to attend if you are able. It has been a fun time so far.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

I think so. I thought Friday was over 4k though, so what do i know. There will be a LOT of good basketball today. Saturday was outstanding. I would encourage everyone to attend if you are able. It has been a fun time so far.
                We're the only game in Wichita that is not on ESPN 3. Heck, we're on the flagship ESPN! Sure hope we have a big turnout. Nonetheless, I plan to come home with no voice again.

Go Aftershocks!

Comment

• Comment

• I could be wrong, but it’s possible that The 4,000-6,000 people at the first TBT game on Friday, are most of the core Shocker basketball community. The 2000-3000 or so people who also come to Shocker games are more social butterfly types who just want to be seen there, but aren’t Wichita State supporters through thick and thin. We will see what happens today.

However, That may not be a good sign for predicting sell outs at Koch Arena this coming year.

Comment

• Tevin Glass sighting with the Bucketneers (ETSU alumni) against the Auburn alumni team, War Ready. Bucketneers are up 21-ish going into the Elam Ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        I could be wrong, but it’s possible that The 4,000-6,000 people at the first TBT game on Friday, are most of the core Shocker basketball community. The 2000-3000 or so people who also come to Shocker games are more social butterfly types who just want to be seen there, but aren’t Wichita State supporters through thick and thin. We will see what happens today.

However, That may not be a good sign for predicting sell outs at Koch Arena this coming year.
                        Taylor is saying ticket sales for today are less than Friday. They're playing frickin Creighton alum team in the roundhouse! SMH.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                          Tevin Glass sighting with the Bucketneers (ETSU alumni) against the Auburn alumni team, War Ready. Bucketneers are up 21-ish going into the Elam Ending.
                          He ended up with 15 points, including the last six of the game.

Comment

• Apologies if this is common knowledge, but do the players get paid in some way. Expenses paid I suppose, is their a stipend or...? And if so, who pays them?
                            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              I could be wrong, but it’s possible that The 4,000-6,000 people at the first TBT game on Friday, are most of the core Shocker basketball community. The 2000-3000 or so people who also come to Shocker games are more social butterfly types who just want to be seen there, but aren’t Wichita State supporters through thick and thin. We will see what happens today.

I call the other 2-3k the “Splurge Crowd” after the narcissistic publication in our area.

Comment

Taylor is saying ticket sales for today are less than Friday. They're playing frickin Creighton alum team in the roundhouse! SMH.
                                I don't think the Creighton team is comprised of many Creighton players. I could be wrong, I haven't paid any attention to the tournament, but the one time I saw a roster, I didn't recognize most of the player names.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X