No announcement yet.

2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a Grant Gibbs joke here, but I can't think of it.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Did Machine Gun Willis play?

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
        Did Machine Gun Willis play?
        Hamstring injury

Comment

• So he's hurt. The Dodd guy is a nobody. Zach Brown is nothing. Not real impressed with this team. Hopefully they surprise me.

Comment

• Fun atmosphere tonight at Koch. Loud and enthusiastic even when we looked horrible. I hope it brought back good memories for all the older guys and whetted the appetite of the new guys. Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
              So he's hurt. The Dodd guy is a nobody. Zach Brown is nothing. Not real impressed with this team. Hopefully they surprise me.
              Dodd held his own on defense but was a non factor on offense. Brown hit a key shot at the end.

Comment

• It’s no fun when you have guys like Fred and Landry behind the bench.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

R. Kelly is a MAN! It is so nice to see a player that grabs the ***** ball with two hands on a rebound. And when he grabs it the other guy doesn't take it away from him. And when he grabs it he doesn't fall down and travel with the ball. And when he grabs it he doesn't pass the ball to the other team. I sure do miss seeing WSU players that play with mental and physical toughness. Our current front line players play SOFT. GO SHOCKS.
                  He plays the way it should be played. 6’7 230 lbs. and can guard on the perimeter against stretch forwards/big guards, and inside against big forwards/many Centers. He rebounds like one should. He’s just not a great shooter. It would be nice if Joe Pleasant resembles his game ( I’m sure he shoots it better) at least a big guy who plays hard.

Comment

• A tough first half with a much better second half. But a win is a win. I'd guess the Roundhouse was about half full but the crowd sounded bigger. That was frickin fun! Nothing better than leaving Koch with no voice and sore hands in the middle of summer! Now time to beat the fighting sweater vests Sunday. If you have a chance to go, do it. You'll be glad you did.

Go Shocks!

By the way, RK is still a junkyard dog. Love his heart!

Comment

• Ex Pats had a player, #14, that was lighting it up early. They put Marcus and Rashard on him the rest of the game and he quieted noticably.

Marrcus was upset into the second half because they weren't passing him the ball. Coach Bush had a talk with him the next time he came to the sideline, then made sure he got some touches when he went back in. As always, Marcus hustled his butt off and was able to get into the flow of the game better and really contributed late.

Rashard Kelly was a stud and MVP of the game in my opinion. He came to play and kept us in it when things weren't going so well for our more heralded shooters. He was relentless on defense and on the boards. He even drained a 3. Most of his points were what we have come to love and appreciate about him, those "dirty work" points.

I thought the defense was surprisingly good. They offense was getting open looks, but just not knocking them down (looking at your 0 fer Dileo).

Clevin Hannah was the one I thought that made a few shots and got the ship turned in the right direction. We have come to expect no less.

A good win for our Aftershocks. I am looking forward to Sunday.

Our current team set about 10 rows in front of us. It was great to see them enjoying the game. And let me assure you, they were into it! Got to talk to several of them in the concourse during half time. We have a bunch of just good dudes on our team. They were very approachable, engaging, interacting with anyone that said hi. I was highly impressed in them as young men. Dex and Morris spent the majority of half time taking pictures with anyone that wanted them. They seemed to be genuinely having a good time. As I was passing by I wished the team in general good luck on the upcoming season. Monzy Jackson came across the concourse, shook my hand and said thank you and it was nice to meet me. I was floored. I just can't say enough how impressed I was with these young men.
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

• Here is a direct link to the stats from the game from the TBT web site - https://thetournament.com/stats/?WHu...0%2Fsummary%3F

Official attendance was 4,052

Read in an article that the AfterShocks were 2 for 20 on 3 pointers in the first half . They finished 10 for 37. Ex Pats were only 4 for 20 from 3. You can see a breakdown of shots by period on the Shot Chart section of the Stats page (circles are made shots, x's are misses).

One other interesting stat - AfterShocks had 14 assists and Ex Pats only had 5.
                        Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; July 16, 2021, 11:50 PM.
                        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• The (Half) Blue Crew went 4 for 30 on 3 pointers. Don't think the AfterShocks will be tested much on Sunday.

Comment

• The Shocks won the game that mattered the most...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He plays the way it should be played. 6’7 230 lbs. and can guard on the perimeter against stretch forwards/big guards, and inside against big forwards/many Centers. He rebounds like one should. He’s just not a great shooter. It would be nice if Joe Pleasant resembles his game ( I’m sure he shoots it better) at least a big guy who plays hard.
                              Well said.

Maybe if our enviable stable of bigs' (the ones who remained anyway) would have played a little harder this year, we're looking at you HCIB, WSU might have won the AAC Conference title. Oh, wait...

NAMASTE

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                                Ex Pats had a player, #14, that was lighting it up early. They put Marcus and Rashard on him the rest of the game and he quieted noticably.

Marrcus was upset into the second half because they weren't passing him the ball. Coach Bush had a talk with him the next time he came to the sideline, then made sure he got some touches when he went back in. As always, Marcus hustled his butt off and was able to get into the flow of the game better and really contributed late.

Rashard Kelly was a stud and MVP of the game in my opinion. He came to play and kept us in it when things weren't going so well for our more heralded shooters. He was relentless on defense and on the boards. He even drained a 3. Most of his points were what we have come to love and appreciate about him, those "dirty work" points.

I thought the defense was surprisingly good. They offense was getting open looks, but just not knocking them down (looking at your 0 fer Dileo).

Clevin Hannah was the one I thought that made a few shots and got the ship turned in the right direction. We have come to expect no less.

A good win for our Aftershocks. I am looking forward to Sunday.

Our current team set about 10 rows in front of us. It was great to see them enjoying the game. And let me assure you, they were into it! Got to talk to several of them in the concourse during half time. We have a bunch of just good dudes on our team. They were very approachable, engaging, interacting with anyone that said hi. I was highly impressed in them as young men. Dex and Morris spent the majority of half time taking pictures with anyone that wanted them. They seemed to be genuinely having a good time. As I was passing by I wished the team in general good luck on the upcoming season. Monzy Jackson came across the concourse, shook my hand and said thank you and it was nice to meet me. I was floored. I just can't say enough how impressed I was with these young men.
                                We got good young Men on our team. They represent themselves, our school, and our community well. Go Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X