2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

From what I have read, here is what is confirmed (there have been suggestions that both Clevin and Tekele could also be in, but nothing confirmed that I saw):

Conner Frankamp
    Samajae Haynes-Jones
    Markis McDuffie
    Rashard Kelly
    Darral Willis
    Jaime Echenique

The After Shocks twitter account also just posted that another player will be revealed tomorrow.
    Putting my money on Bryce Mayes.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I thought Cotton was in

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Could someone please update the confirmed (as of today) roster? I'd like to see what kind of depth chart we have at this point.
        I’m trying to keep the first post updated with rumors and confirmed
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I thought Cotton was in
          We have been teased. Cotton and Clev are just rumors
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Would love to see Ramon Clemente now that he is done with the Puerto Rico national team. If he can fit it into his pro schedule of course.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Tyrus McGee was just added to the roster!
              Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Who?
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Uhhhh, didn't he play for Iowa State????
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    Uhhhh, didn't he play for Iowa State????
                    Yes, he did. Before Iowa State he played at Cowley in Ark City. He dropped 27 on us in the first game of TBT in 2019 playing for the Iowa United team.
                    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post

Yes, he did. Before Iowa State he played at Cowley in Ark City. He dropped 27 on us in the first game of TBT in 2019 playing for the Iowa United team.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Karon Bradley seems to be airing some grievances on Facebook absent details. Not sure what it's about.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          Karon Bradley seems to be airing some grievances on Facebook absent details. Not sure what it's about.
                          He was part of the TBT leadership structure two years ago. Iirc, Karon, Cooz, and others, mainly from the Turgeon era, but players who overlapped with The first year GM era were in charge of the TBT in 2019. The actual players from the Turgeon era and first couple of GM players seem to have been at least maybe half of the team. I hope that there isn’t a fissure between the leadership/coaching structure and players from that early era, and the new staff and later GM era’s that are leading the team this year. I can see where there could be different perspectives as to how the talent should be assembled. I really like players from both era’s and assembling a competitive team only gets more difficult as talent pools from continually successful programs get larger. Everyone can’t be pleased all of the time.
                          Last edited by Shockm; June 6, 2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He was part of the TBT leadership structure two years ago. Iirc, Karon, Cooz, and others, mainly from the Turgeon era, but players who overlapped with The first year GM era were in charge of the TBT in 2019. The actual players from the Turgeon era and first couple of GM players seem to have been at least maybe half of the team. I hope that there isn’t a fissure between the leadership/coaching structure and players from that early era, and the new staff and later GM era’s that are leading the team this year. I can see where there could be different perspectives as to how the talent should be assembled. I really like players from both era’s and assembling a competitive team only gets more difficult as talent pools from continually successful programs get larger. Everyone can’t be pleased all of the time.
                            What I’ve seen seems to have nothing to do with any players or current coaching staff etc. His grievance seems to be with the university leaders and administration.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

What I’ve seen seems to have nothing to do with any players or current coaching staff etc. His grievance seems to be with the university leaders and administration.
                              Such as?? I don't do Facebook.

Comment

I can't imagine there's more than 1 or 2 (if that) players from the Turgeon era that is competitive enough today to be a part of TBT.

Looking at the 06-07 roster, I don't know everyone but at least 6 don't play anymore, and I would suspect everyone but perhaps JT Durley wouldn't be capable of helping the team, if they were even interested.

It cannot be that, it has to be something else.

Karon's comment on FB was vague at best. Tough to tell what he is talking about. Also would have to know what his expectations for "support" are.

Comment

Working...
                                X