Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 TBT

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

    Was it my imagination or was there a boat load of uncalled traveling calls in this tournament. Seemed worse than the NBA to me.
    Exactly like the NBA. A foul is a foul and a travel is a travel, and referees don’t make decisions on what and what not to call is “hogwash”, and a narrative story that is spread.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
      Anybody else following the Facebook drama about Karon Bradley getting pushed out of the Aftershox? Curious if anyone has the scoop. Karon commented and said he will be speaking about it all soon. Interesting
      Quote from Karon
      Hello all you will hear from me soon on the topic but just know that I was not treated fairly by TBT and WSU.. at the end of the day I still have love for all players and coaches involved.
      People claiming to be in his circle are saying it was WSU admin who pushed him out. I wonder if this is any connection to the other wichita TBT team that didnt make the field
      When you believe in something, the only person that's gotta believe it is you. Everything else is for the birds.- LeVelle Moton
      Wichita is going to the rich side of town with a pack of matches and a five gallon tank of gasoline and try to burn everything to the ground

      Comment


      • Dvontay Frigay is a internet star. He was one of the guards for the ALS team we beat yesterday. He has a YouTube channel. Pretty interesting watching his blog about the TBT in Wichita. Lots of video of the campus.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          Lots of players not here last weekend. No coaches except for current ones, and I didn’t see but two of those.

          I belonged to a college team who did a reunion, and the coaches were just not a big part of the reunion and almost never mentioned the few days of the get together. College Coaches just are not the same as players who were brothers, who lived together. It’s not like high school. Friends get together. I’m sorry but I respected my coaches usually, but they never were my friend during my playing days. I talked to them when I crossed paths with them but never have I texted, e-mailed, or called them.
          If I might ask, what did you play?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

            If I might ask, what did you play?
            Debate
            When you believe in something, the only person that's gotta believe it is you. Everything else is for the birds.- LeVelle Moton
            Wichita is going to the rich side of town with a pack of matches and a five gallon tank of gasoline and try to burn everything to the ground

            Comment


            • Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

              If I might ask, what did you play?
              Originally posted by shock View Post

              Debate
              OK, Shockm . Like it or not, you gotta give shock some kudos there.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by shock View Post

                Quote from Karon


                People claiming to be in his circle are saying it was WSU admin who pushed him out. I wonder if this is any connection to the other wichita TBT team that didnt make the field
                Always gotta be a Debbie downer.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

                  I really like the Elam ending and I think it’s the better way to finish a game, all things being equal.

                  I’m also kind of a traditionalist and enjoy some variety so I’m not 100% convinced I would change NBA and NCAA.

                  I understand you’re a Twitter account and the point of Twitter, especially fake accounts, is to be as extreme and hyperbolic as possible. But from 1977-2019 there were only 32 buzzer beaters in the NCAA tournament.

                  A game is far more likely to grind to a halt and end in an over long free throw and foul fest than feature an exciting buzzer beater.
                  I appreciate you understanding my hyperbolic nature enough to be real with you for a second— I wouldn’t trade those 32 buzzer beaters for all the Elam Endings in the world. I’d also like to see the numbers on the regular season, which exists and is only slightly less exciting than the NCAA tournament. I singled out the tournament for hyperbolic effect, but those regular season buzzer beaters are still nothing to *ever* be traded for.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Shockm View Post

                    You're whole statement is correct, but to add to GM's contribution,

                    The F4, Elite 8's, and Sweet 16's during GM's tenure kept the money flowing from wealthy community boosters (who weren't necessarily WSU boosters), season tickets sold out, gave us the opportunity to move up in conferences, and allowed our innovative late University President (the wealth) to build world renown business buildings, hotels, restaurants, and create a national following that we haven't known since the 60's, and maybe for a brief time in the 80's.

                    While some of this occurred during other era's, it wasn't to the extent of the past 12 years. While some people grew tired of GM's personality (relentlessness), and it may have changed some in a negative manner, over his tenure at WSU, no one had a problem with his relentlessness during the first 7 or 8 years, nor doubted his commitment to the program or city. His contribution should not be minimized, and most of us know he deserves his accolades.

                    Yes— to piggy back on your point, HCGM was the reason my season ticket tenure ended. My dad used to make the “rah rah, buy season tickets!” commercials, which allowed him to afford another ticket for me from 2002-2014. Then the undefeated season happened and WSU didn’t need him to make those commercials anymore, which ultimately left me out of the season ticket equation.

                    Yeah, Shocker fans have always been passionate. That’s why HCGM came here in the first place. But he took it to a new level, and to ignore that is kind of crazy.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post

                      I appreciate you understanding my hyperbolic nature enough to be real with you for a second— I wouldn’t trade those 32 buzzer beaters for all the Elam Endings in the world. I’d also like to see the numbers on the regular season, which exists and is only slightly less exciting than the NCAA tournament. I singled out the tournament for hyperbolic effect, but those regular season buzzer beaters are still nothing to *ever* be traded for.
                      Of course it’s going to come down to personal opinion. I’ve experienced several buzzer beaters in Koch arena as I’m sure you have. The end of the game Sunday and especially the end of the game Tuesday was as exciting and crazy as any buzzer beater I’ve experienced. Or at least very very close.

                      And that was for a TBT game in the middle of July.

                      It’s not hard to imagine an increased excitement level with increased stakes (conference rivalry, NCAA game, sell out crowd, etc).

                      Again, not saying it should absolutely be adapted everywhere but I do think it makes for a more enjoyable game beginning to end (free throws are boring!!) and still allows for wild, buzzer beater like finishes.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

                        Of course it’s going to come down to personal opinion. I’ve experienced several buzzer beaters in Koch arena as I’m sure you have. The end of the game Sunday and especially the end of the game Tuesday was as exciting and crazy as any buzzer beater I’ve experienced. Or at least very very close.

                        And that was for a TBT game in the middle of July.

                        It’s not hard to imagine an increased excitement level with increased stakes (conference rivalry, NCAA game, sell out crowd, etc).

                        Again, not saying it should absolutely be adapted everywhere but I do think it makes for a more enjoyable game beginning to end (free throws are boring!!) and still allows for wild, buzzer beater like finishes.
                        Idk, man. You’ll never see “5 seconds on the clock, one shot to make or break your season” ever again. The stakes don’t get higher than that. The Elam Ending isn’t worth giving up watching the ball in the air as the buzzer sounds, and whether you win or lose is up to the next 0.5 seconds. It may not come as often, but I’ll never be willing to give those moments up.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                          Anybody else following the Facebook drama about Karon Bradley getting pushed out of the Aftershox? Curious if anyone has the scoop. Karon commented and said he will be speaking about it all soon. Interesting
                          Gotta be fake drama.

                          Wouldn't Karon be somewhere around 40 now, and probably 6-8 years past game shape?

                          Comment


                          • I don't know a single thing about whatever issues Karon may or may not have regarding the TBT. But he was involved in getting the first team together if I remember correctly, from a "GM" sort of position. I'm sure it has nothing to do with being a player as he just turned 37 and is unlikely to be able to compete with these kids.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

                              Gotta be fake drama.

                              Wouldn't Karon be somewhere around 40 now, and probably 6-8 years past game shape?
                              He coached the 2019 team and spearheaded the initial promotion of the AfterShocks. I won’t go into details because I don’t exactly understand them myself, but the gist of his gripe is that once it took off, WSU took it in a different direction and didn’t need him nor gave him what he thought was his proper cut.

                              There’s always two sides of the story though, so...
                              78-65

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                                You can find a replay of the game at https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/...tDate/20210720 - scroll down the page or filter by Basketball to find it. You'll have to login using your tv provider login. I haven't watched it, but I imagine they'll show the following from the broadcast last night:
                                Did a search on AfterShocks on YouTube and found a guy who basically took the replay and took out all the commercials and halftime and just left the scoring in and it's a 20 minute video (fyi - the Frankamp charge and a couple replays of it are at 16:20 mark)



                                He also did videos of the first two games and videos of other games:

                                Game 1 vs Ex-Pats - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPHhniYo54M

                                Game 2 vs Omaha Blue Crew- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqIzCAbaWhA
                                Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; July 22, 2021, 01:27 PM.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X