• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    USA Today weighs in.

17. Memphis
    21. Wichita State
    23. Houston

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...25/7076060002/
    Looks like he did an update on the article around 11:30 am and now has Virginia as 17, WSU is 20, Houston is 22, and there's no mention anywhere of Memphis.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

If that ends up being reality I'll happily ban myself, and I can actually do that.

I mean... not to sport a doom boner or anything, but my hopes are not terribly high for next year.
      we have more coming back next year than we had last year, plus a full year to actually work and get better. Last year, Mo was coming back as a guy that barley played, Tyson and Dex were the only real known commodities. It worked out pretty good. I expect us to be better. My biggest concern in CP being the main PG right now. We need help there.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

If that ends up being reality I'll happily ban myself, and I can actually do that.

I mean... not to sport a doom boner or anything, but my hopes are not terribly high for next year.
        I liked your post solely for doom boner.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          I thought Dex did a good job of creating more off the dribble and getting to the basket, particularly mid to late in the season. I want to see him focus on that. I would like to see Mo focus on rebounding. TE should work on ball handling and PG skills. RC4 needs to work with Dex on becoming an elite defender.
          Dex obviously came this year with increased emphasis on getting to the basket. That’s all good but he rarely finishes. I often get the impression he’s more interested in getting to the free throw line than getting buckets. The closer he gets the softer he gets. He needs to go to the Cotton finishing school. If not for his defending, which is elite for sure, he wouldn’t belong in the starting 5. He is very quick, strong, and explosive; it would be fantastic to see all those gifts used to full effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Looks like he did an update on the article around 11:30 am and now has Virginia as 17, WSU is 20, Houston is 22, and there's no mention anywhere of Memphis.
            I mean, it's SO easy to confuse Memphis and Virginia...
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

... and another one:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/college...102146993.html (just saw this was USA Today's linked in)

Comment

No idea if or how much our presence in these pre season polls will help sell recruits on coming to WSU this year but I can’t imagine it’s going to hurt.

Comment

At least proof-reading is still a thing in sports journalism!

Comment

An editor did an update later on and added the following:

Editor's note: A previous version of this story included Memphis in the rankings. Memphis had several players enter the transfer protocol, bumping it out of the poll. Virginia Tech was moved into the poll at No. 25.

So I imagine the writer just removed Memphis and moved everyone up one notch.
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Hahahahaha. Memphis.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        I thought Dex did a good job of creating more off the dribble and getting to the basket, particularly mid to late in the season. I want to see him focus on that. I would like to see Mo focus on rebounding. TE should work on ball handling and PG skills. RC4 needs to work with Dex on becoming an elite defender.
                        DD really did improve on going to the basket when he used his right hand and went off a screen to the basket from the right side. His going to left side using his left hand with making a layup off the left hand needs significant improvement. But that is what the summer is for. Also he suppose to be a knock down shooter so he needs to spend time in gym knocking down 3 pointers. With the way he plays defense he can be a terror on both defense and offense. Make the other team pay when they try and double team TE.

Some might of missed it last night, but it was great seeing Scott Drew make the adjustment and put M. Teague in the middle of the Zags 2-3 zone. Teague hit shot after shot frome midrange and tore a whole in the Zags zone. Likewise, we have to have guys working on that midrange shot. We had nobody last year that could consistently make that shot. It was there all year and we did nothing.

I also love Baylor bench. They got guys coming off the bench that can shoot. As former Coach Marshall use to say " Shooting is the great equalizer in college basketball" Go Shocks.

Comment

Hey, We're back.............................................. ..... in the Top 25 Poll. Quit your bitchin. It doesn't matter if it's a "Way Too Early" Poll. Put your "doom boner" back in your pants, and get with the "New Shox". Who cares if it's after the season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Don’t these writers know that we had six guys transfer? I’ve been told that six is only one fewer than seven!

Jokes aside, I agree it’s nice that WSU is being recognized in these polls although I also agree that they’re meaningless.

I’ll wait until the roster is finished before I get too excited one way or the other but we are in a much better position this year and depending on who we bring in with the other open scholarships top 25 is not out of the question.
                            Six players transferring is not that bad when you consider 2 of them (big TW and AG) were seniors and would have been gone anyway in a normal year, 3 didn't play that much (JB, JS, and little TW), and IPBC, who played the most of the transfers, but wasn't really a difference maker. As a lot of people have said, JS is the one player we wished had stayed.

Comment

I am going on record as saying Chaunce Jenkins will be one of the biggest surprises in the AAC next year.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                I am going on record as saying Chaunce Jenkins will be one of the biggest surprises in the AAC next year.
                                I think that because we saw him so sparingly this year, we forgot. He was receiving some raves last spring. We know he’s considered an athlete.

Lax, As someone who’s seen him in practice, Does he have a nice 3 pt. stroke too?

Comment

Working...
                                X