Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's 2017, Loyola CHI will be a better program over the next 5 years. Buy or sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's 2017, Loyola CHI will be a better program over the next 5 years. Buy or sell?

Of course you sell. This isn't a dig on the Shox but rather a statement to show what a remarkable job they have done with their program. Yes it takes a little luck along the way but they have clearly been a more nationally relavent program in that time span. With that said, I wouldn't trade places with them for anything and love being in the AAC. I can only imagine what Dougy said to himself in the mirror last night though, I am sure it was sickening.

Mosier will likely get a higher paying job this spring

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
      Of course you sell. This isn't a dig on the Shox but rather a statement to show what a remarkable job they have done with their program. Yes it takes a little luck along the way but they have clearly been a more nationally relavent program in that time span. With that said, I wouldn't trade places with them for anything and love being in the AAC. I can only imagine what Dougy said to himself in the mirror last night though, I am sure it was sickening.
      They have made the tourney twice in the last 35 years ... Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They absolutely have a couple flashy runs but their program as a whole is light years away from what WSU has accomplished. Moser has been at Loyola 10 years now. How many would be happy with 2 tourneys in 10 years? even if they were Sweet 16 or better runs. Not many.

Comment

We could possibly be witnessing the resurrection of a college basketball program. They're pretty good.

They won a National Championship the year prior to the Shocks going to the final 4, and most, certainly myself, consider that a watershed moment for the Shockers, so...

Time will tell. The going wasn't so easy for GGG after he lost Ron and Fred. The litmus test will be when Krutwig, et. al. depart.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

They have made the tourney twice in the last 35 years ... Let's not get ahead of ourselves. They absolutely have a couple flashy runs but their program as a whole is light years away from what WSU has accomplished. Moser has been at Loyola 10 years now. How many would be happy with 2 tourneys in 10 years? even if they were Sweet 16 or better runs. Not many.
          5 Sweet 16's, two final fours, and a Natty. I'm not saying they have better program overall, but they stack up pretty close to our NCAA tournament success. However, I was just looking back from when the conference swaps went down in 2017. At that point who would have guessed they would be more nationally relavent then us?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            We could possibly be witnessing the resurrection of a college basketball program. They're pretty good.

They won a National Championship the year prior to the Shocks going to the final 4, and most, certainly myself, consider that a watershed moment for the Shockers, so...

Time will tell. The going wasn't so easy for GGG after he lost Ron and Fred. The litmus test will be when Krutwig, et. al. depart.
            My guess is Moser will also depart. Life in the MVC...

Comment

5 Sweet 16's, two final fours, and a Natty. I'm not saying they have better program overall, but they stack up pretty close to our NCAA tournament success. However, I was just looking back from when the conference swaps went down in 2017. At that point who would have guessed they would be more nationally relavent then us?
              That's arguable ... have they been more relevant for 2 weeks in 2018 and now 2 weeks in 2021 ... sure. The rest of the time? I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

My guess is Moser will also depart. Life in the MVC...
                IDK. Massive success 5 years apart is awfully Jacobsenian. I think he stays.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I’m happy for Loyola and the MVC! The Ramblers are a really good team and I enjoy watching them. I don’t see any reason why they can’t make it to another F4 this year.

With the Shockers out I'm rooting for Loyola and Houston. It’s possible those two teams could face off in the Elite 8. I would love to see a Gonzaga vs Loyola/Houston matchup.

Comment

Moser is a Chicago guy and he currently has the best program in Chicago. I'm not sure if he's a guy that will jump at a P5 type of job or not. I think he's really happy where he's at.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's arguable ... have they been more relevant for 2 weeks in 2018 and now 2 weeks in 2021 ... sure. The rest of the time? I don't think so.
                      We just got embarrassed by Drake, and Shocker baseball and volleyball are in the shitter. Make your argument on why WSU has had the better program since 2017. At least we have something to talk about.

Comment

We just got embarrassed by Drake, and Shocker baseball and volleyball are in the shitter. Make your argument on why WSU has had the better program since 2017. At least we have something to talk about.
                        Not sure what baseball and volleyball have anything to do with Loyola/WSU Basketball.

As far as why it's a better program, In 2018, WSU was a Top 10 nearly the entire year. So 3 months of that season WSU was more relevant. Loyola had a great 2 weeks and had the final four run. I'd give that edge to WSU overall even with the poor ending.

The next year Loyola and WSU were both pretty meh. Loyola bows out of the NIT In the first round, WSU makes it to the NIT Final four. WSU more relevant overall there.

Last year WSU was in the tourney conversation, Loyola wasn't even on anyone's radar ... tourney cancelled... WSU more relevant.

This year, neither team were really relevant throughout the year but a slight edge to Loyola for breaking in to the bottom of the Top 25 and now their Sweet 16 run. WSU was pretty relevant due to all the turmoil and the 'feel good" story of how well we did. Overall yearly edge to Loyola.

So yet again, overall i think WSU has still been more relevant than Loyola since the move, but they have obviously had better tourney success. Will that continue? who knows. Yet again, 2 tourneys in the past 35 years for Loyola .. and only 2 tourneys in 10 years for Moser.

Comment

With a better title, this could have been a great thread!

Why no Loyola or Drake fans on our message board talking ****?

Comment

'embarrassed'??? A one point loss to a team that, oh by the way, BEAT Loyola once....

Some stupid word choices...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

'embarrassed'??? A one point loss to a team that, oh by the way, BEAT Loyola once....

Some stupid word choices...
                              A like isn’t enough to show my appreciation for this post.

Comment

Working...
                              X