Clear All

• Six scholarships are opening up?!?!?!

TIME TO START AN INVESTIGATION!!!!!
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      Six scholarships are opening up?!?!?!

I know you are sarcastic here...but that is 18+ in three years. That's...a lot.

Comment

Wouldn't that be a circular investigation?
        • Players sign to play with Marshall
        • ******* investigates Marshall
        • Marshall Steps Down
        • Six Players leave
        • ******* investigates Brown
        • Realizes root cause is ******* Investigating Marshall
        ******* at fault for these transfers and forced to resign or be fired .... oh wait, pretty sure hes already had to do that at every legit place hes worked so far.

EDIT: Still cracks me up that Good-Man is a banned word (Kung Wu, don't ban me for going around the swear filter there)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          JB in the portal per Taylor
          That's not surprising. Intriguing upside with JB but he was just never able to show much improvement. Perhaps that was primarily due to not being healthy and whether or not that will continue to be a problem for him is impossible to know. In any case, JB moving on is totally understandable. Hopefully, things start going better for him basketball-wise.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 1, 2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

I know you are sarcastic here...but that is 18+ in three years. That's...a lot.
            You can only say "a lot" if you have a comparison to other schools in the same time frame. In addition, those under fHCGM may be... inadmissible in the counting.

Comment

• Sounds like Taylor is really betting that our first incoming announcement is happening today.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

You can only say "a lot" if you have a comparison to other schools in the same time frame. In addition, those under fHCGM may be... inadmissible in the counting.
                I can say "a lot" when the amount of defections from the program is 18+ in three seasons. You don't get to put stipulations on when I can think nearly 20 players leaving a program in three years might be problematic.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Yea, this year has to be taken with a grain of salt
                  • First year of "free portal transfers" (most likely)
                  • COVID year
                  • we replaced the coach at the beginning of the year late enough players couldn't transfer then.
                  Future years, the first may or may not be as big of an impact. Might see a lot of players getting stuck or stranded and players thinking harder before transferring.
                  Second one - hopefully wont apply
                  Third one - DEFINITELY hope it doesn't apply next year lol

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Remy
                    trey
                    trevin
                    JB
                    poor bear
                    Seymour
                    porter (withdrew)
                    Can we please stop including walk-ons? They have zero impact on the scholarship situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Can we please stop including walk-ons? They have zero impact on the scholarship situation.
                      Or even Seniors (Wade).
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

How many years until you quit crying about this? You and the Gene backers could have a nostalgia circle jerk.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post

I can say "a lot" when the amount of defections from the program is 18+ in three seasons. You don't get to put stipulations on when I can think nearly 20 players leaving a program in three years might be problematic.
                          It's not that simple either. How many of those players were impact players? Outside of last year, and AR, I don't remember too many impact players leaving

Players transfer all the time when they are deep on the bench. Will happen even more now.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

It's not that simple either. How many of those players were impact players? Outside of last year, and AR, I don't remember too many impact players leaving

Players transfer all the time when they are deep on the bench. Will happen even more now.
                            If you like recruiting six players every year just to fill the roster, by all means, ignore the numbers. I get that the portal is the devil and is going to cause consternation everywhere. Wichita State is not in a situation to just "bounce back" from this type of turnover. As far as "impact players leaving" it seems that Sherfield certainly was an impact player this season. Who is to say that Burton or Stevenson (though I don't really miss them) would not have taken strides this season under a new coach? We cannot simply dismiss young players leaving as, "well they weren't impact players either." We haven't seen them more than a season or two...some guys take far longer than one or two seasons to really get it going.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

How many years until you quit crying about this? You and the Gene backers could have a nostalgia circle jerk.
                              It’s literally only been one year
                              The Assman

Comment

• We should keep replacing coaches to solve the “problem” of having to replace players.

Comment

Working...
                                X