2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
    Not sure if its been mentioned here, but Taylor tweeted to not expect Bilau to be back.

Overall if that's true .. i think that's basically what most people expected. Only odd one was Trey Wade transferring rather than going pro

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm not sure Trey has the skillset to play on the wing for extended periods. I know that may be what he wants or how he sees himself, but he never really displayed what would truly be needed there. He's best utilized as an undersized 4. I liked Trey. I liked the effort we got from him and what he did for us. If he truly wants to be a wing, he definitely needs to drop down to a lower level where he won't be exposed as much for what he's lacking.

As far as Trevin goes, I thought he had some things to offer, but I'd hardly say we messed up with him. He was at best the 3rd best PG on the team and that's only if you don't add Etienne into the mix. I'm sure he will find success at EKU though. Much more than he would have found in the American. I think he could have potentially been a decent backup playing 10 to 15 minutes here.
      but maybe not Trey's opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        Not sure if its been mentioned here, but Taylor tweeted to not expect Bilau to be back.
        never did

Comment

• Plenty of room for big men.

But... If we end up getting a bunch of 6-6/6-7 athletes that can rebound and shoot, that would be fine too.

But it is nice to have at least 1 guy that can protect the rim.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Trey and Trevin were both good players.

Trey had a similar skill set to Cleanthony, except he wasn't nearly the offensive player Cle was. If he could have shot 35-37% from 3, with a higher shot volume, and close to 80% of his free throws, he would have been another Cle. His shooting was inconsistent, but he was a very consistent and good rebounder for a 6'6 forward. (Cle may have averaged a rebound more). When he hit 3's and his free throws, he was a good wing, but he often wasn't hitting his shots. Either way, he was a good defender, and gave really good effort. We may not get better at the 4, but I'm hoping we can find someone with his skills, who is longer and can help protect the rim. Shooting like Cle would be great, but that's difficult to find.

As for Trevin, he was a good point guard and had a good skill set. He was a decent shooter, with good handles, and played excellent defense, but his lack of height held him back a little. I just thought that Porter was a little better and has a high ceiling. Porter is several inches taller with long length for a PG, and is a little springy. He seemed to lose confidence in his shot, but I think he can be a good shooter, and is a very good passer, and great on the break. He isn't as fast as AG (probably nobody is), but he has good quickness, and is a good defender.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Sweet Georgia
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                Trey and Trevin were both good players.

Trey had a similar skill set to Cleanthony, except he wasn't nearly the offensive player Cle was. If he could have shot 35-37% from 3, with a higher shot volume, and close to 80% of his free throws, he would have been another Cle. His shooting was inconsistent, but he was a very consistent and good rebounder for a 6'6 forward. (Cle may have averaged a rebound more). When he hit 3's and his free throws, he was a good wing, but he often wasn't hitting his shots. Either way, he was a good defender, and gave really good effort. We may not get better at the 4, but I'm hoping we can find someone with his skills, who is longer and can help protect the rim. Shooting like Cle would be great, but that's difficult to find.

As for Trevin, he was a good point guard and had a good skill set. He was a decent shooter, with good handles, and played excellent defense, but his lack of height held him back a little. I just thought that Porter was a little better and has a high ceiling. Porter is several inches taller with long length for a PG, and is a little springy. He seemed to lose confidence in his shot, but I think he can be a good shooter, and is a very good passer, and great on the break. He isn't as fast as AG (probably nobody is), but he has good quickness, and is a good defender.
                Cle was an extremely good slasher ... I don't think I ever saw that from Trey. Trey was a solid rebounder and could spot up and hit a decent not great percentage of 3s.

Comment

• We need PFs and Centers that can immediately contribute. That's gonna be a helluva challenge.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Cle developed slashing ability because he was such a 3 point shooting threat, defenders tried to close out in him too quickly, opening up driving lanes. Trey isn’t usually a 3 point shooting threat so teams game planned to allow him to shoot outside(sagging a little).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Cle was an extremely good slasher ... I don't think I ever saw that from Trey. Trey was a solid rebounder and could spot up and hit a decent not great percentage of 3s.
                      Cle is an unfair comparison to nearly all of our past forwards.

​​​If my memory doesn't fail, he had a quick shot and a high release point, so defenders had to be in his face at all times. He shot over smaller defenders and used his elite athleticism to blow past larger defenders.

Trey was a good player, but even if he improved his shot he lacks the athletic gifts that enabled Cle to play how he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

Cle is an unfair comparison to nearly all of our past forwards.

​​​If my memory doesn't fail, he had a quick shot and a high release point, so defenders had to be in his face at all times. He shot over smaller defenders and used his elite athleticism to blow past larger defenders.

Trey was a good player, but even if he improved his shot he lacks the athletic gifts that enabled Cle to play how he did.
                        Bingo. Very different players.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Do we have a composite list of who is in the portal and who is likely to be? I'm lazy. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                            Do we have a composite list of who is in the portal and who is likely to be? I'm lazy. Sorry.
                            Remy
                            trey
                            trevin
                            JB
                            poor bear
                            Seymour
                            porter (withdrew)
                            Last edited by shock; March 31, 2021, 11:02 AM.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Remy
                              trey
                              trevin
                              JB
                              porter (withdrew)
                              Isn't Poor Bear out too?

Comment

• Jaden Seymour also.

Comment

Working...