No announcement yet.

2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey operates like a professional. He’s not the best offensive player, but he defends well and no one has a bad thing to say about his character. He’d be a valuable addition to any college roster and I hope things go well for him wherever he goes. Godspeed sir.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      Trey operates like a professional. He’s not the best offensive player, but he defends well and no one has a bad thing to say about his character. He’d be a valuable addition to any college roster and I hope things go well for him wherever he goes. Godspeed sir.
      Agreed, he's not flashy, but he comes to work every day and works hard. He came up with some big plays/shots throughout the year for us.

Comment

• I have doubts that Trey Wade can transfer up and fill a similar role to what he did at WSU. I wonder if he will join Trevin at EKU.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
          I have doubts that Trey Wade can transfer up and fill a similar role to what he did at WSU. I wonder if he will join Trevin at EKU.
          Wonder whats going on at EKU ... Braxton Beverly from NC State is transferring there too. He's been a 20-30 min guy for them all 4 years of his career.

Comment

• I'm guessing he goes down a level where he can be a featured player. All these guys want to be the star.

Comment

• Why is he leaving? What possibly could be the advantage unless he moves closer to home?
              Some of these decisions I don’t understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                Why is he leaving? What possibly could be the advantage unless he moves closer to home?
                Could want to find a lower level and be an offensive focal point, maybe that would raise his stock professionally. Could want to go closer to home. Could want to play with old friends. Or could just need a change of scenery for the sake of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                  Why is he leaving? What possibly could be the advantage unless he moves closer to home?
                  My guess is we are bringing in a 4 who will play over Trey and Seymour. HCIB talked about longer more athletic bigs committing soon.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• I am sure he has his reasons, and I am sure it is something he has carefully considered and he feels it is in his best interest. Wish him nothing but success. Thank you for being a Shocker and doing it with class.

Now the Shox gotta start filling some of these scholarships!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                      I have doubts that Trey Wade can transfer up and fill a similar role to what he did at WSU. I wonder if he will join Trevin at EKU.
                      Wade headed to EKU, confirmed

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

My guess is we are bringing in a 4 who will play over Trey and Seymour. HCIB talked about longer more athletic bigs committing soon.
                        Hopefully, there is someone who is highly recruited that we are close to, but I doubt that playing time would be guaranteed to anyone. Words may have been exchanged that we have a goal to recruit longer players at his position, but not more than that imo.

Comment

• Here is my question. We all know (well I hope so by now anyway) that everyone will get an extra year of eligibility because of Covid and that IF the senior stays at the school, their scholarship will not count towards the 13 scholarship limit. What if that senior transfers to another school to use that scholarship (a la Trey Wade)? From what I've read, WSU will actually not be able to fill that scholarship. Meaning if AG stays, they would be capped at 14 rather than 15 potential scholarships because of Wade leaving. Anyone have any other insight in to this?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Here is my question. We all know (well I hope so by now anyway) that everyone will get an extra year of eligibility because of Covid and that IF the senior stays at the school, their scholarship will not count towards the 13 scholarship limit. What if that senior transfers to another school to use that scholarship (a la Trey Wade)? From what I've read, WSU will actually not be able to fill that scholarship. Meaning if AG stays, they would be capped at 14 rather than 15 potential scholarships because of Wade leaving. Anyone have any other insight in to this?
                            You are correct. If AG is still here, then we have 14 scholarships available, assuming we can afford them. If AG leaves, we are down to the regular 13 scholarships. Basically, if any seniors in 20-21 return, they don't count against the scholarship limit. If they leave, that additional scholarship cannot be retained.

So basically, Gilbert and Wade do whatever they want, stay or leave, and we have 13 other scholarships. But we can't assign the scholarships for Gilbert and Wade to anyone else.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Here is my question. We all know (well I hope so by now anyway) that everyone will get an extra year of eligibility because of Covid and that IF the senior stays at the school, their scholarship will not count towards the 13 scholarship limit. What if that senior transfers to another school to use that scholarship (a la Trey Wade)? From what I've read, WSU will actually not be able to fill that scholarship. Meaning if AG stays, they would be capped at 14 rather than 15 potential scholarships because of Wade leaving. Anyone have any other insight in to this?
                              13 scholarships per usual. SRs staying don't count towards that. Kind of like when the guard with the heart problem stayed after he wasn't cleared. He remained on 'ship but didn't count. So Trey transferring really doesn't effect anything. We were going to use "his" 'ship anyway as part of the 13 as he was a SR.

That made sense in my head, but I'm not sure if it transferred well thru typing.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We can fill their scholarships whether they stay or not. If they leave, we can't go over the 13 limit for it though. Also, they do not get that waiver at the school they transfer to either. So whatever school that Trey goes to can't go over the 13 cap to land him.

Comment

Working...
                                X