Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=SubGod22;n1292343]
    Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

He's not very good with his back to the basket. The bulk of his improvement was at the FT line and standing to the side and getting passes from driving guards where he had easy dunks/layups. His back to the basket game is rather weak.
    Ummm....his go to move is backing people down and laying it in. And he makes a good percentage when they don't double him.

His issue is he didn't know when to pass back out when the double team came.

The constant double teams is because teams know he will kill them with his back to the basket 1 on 1.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Ummm....his go to move is backing people down and laying it in. And he makes a good percentage when they don't double him.

The constant double teams is because teams know he will kill them with his back to the basket 1 on 1.
      Bingo. As you note, passing out of the post is his biggest area of needed improvement. Additionally, his post game more effective than it is pretty. I think it is easy to mistake his moves looking awkward for being bad, but he performed them consistently enough that at a certain point you have to prefer results to aesthetics.
      Last edited by The Mad Hatter; March 29, 2021, 07:15 PM.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"Athlete" is hard to measure so I have to disagree with you. I've seen plenty from Jackson to think the athletic skills are there.
        He's got a long ways to go to get to RK's level as a ballplayer.

Comment

• [QUOTE=shockerfan;n1292349]
          Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Shockerfan, you have accidentally misquoted me above with a Subgod quote. I did not write the para starting with “he is not very good with his back to the basket”

My opinion is opposite as I said he is a back to the basket post player. Just for the record.
          Last edited by Ashockalypse; March 29, 2021, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He's not very good with his back to the basket. The bulk of his improvement was at the FT line and standing to the side and getting passes from driving guards where he had easy dunks/layups. His back to the basket game is rather weak.
            I have to wonder what season you watched? Literally 90% of his field goals were catching it with is back to the basket backing them down, doing a spin move or going over his shoulder for a bucket...and made him a key factor in many games. An almost endless highlight reel could be made. No offense but a very confusing post... it’s on tape.

Comment

• Most of his points are from drive and dish or put backs. He's doubled because they know he's not a good or willing passer and that just increases their chances of getting thr ball thru turnover or forced shot.

I will admit that he does ok with his back to the basket against inferior competition
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• [QUOTE=SubGod22;n1292343]
                Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Totally agree. He can't shoot the midrange shot either. Throws the ball away constantly when doubled teamed. Hope he works on these issues this summer.

Comment

• Imagine if coaches just decided to fill rosters with players not from transfer portal?

Could they be successful?

Comment

• [QUOTE=TheShocktocles;n1292387]
                    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Totally agree. He can't shoot the midrange shot either. Throws the ball away constantly when doubled teamed. Hope he works on these issues this summer.
                    Your not agreeing with me cause I didn’t say that.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ashockalypse;n1292398]
                      Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Your not agreeing with me cause I didn’t say that.
                      Ok

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Not chopped liver, but he is not a back to the basket post.
                        I disagree. In fact, he seems to be the definition of one. He catches the ball, pivots and squares...scores over either shoulder.

Plenty he doesn’t do, but he does catch the ball in the post and shoot a high percentage.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I disagree. In fact, he seems to be the definition of one. He catches the ball, pivots and squares...scores over either shoulder.

Plenty he doesn’t do, but he does catch the ball in the post and shoot a high percentage.
                          I was thinking your typical brick shithouse, dribble, slam, dribble, slam, up and score through contact center. Corn-fed, bruiser.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Wish him the best.

but man after two years here, you'd think he could spell Wichita ...

Comment

• So he’s going to transfer not try and play professionally?

Comment

• Interesting...
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X