2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

How about we beat out the 25 schools that are going to be after Tre Mitchell
    Hey, maybe Noah will put in a good word for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Plus, with Wade and Poor Bear leaving, there's time to be had.
      Did I miss something? TvW is transferring.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I thought he looked like a lot of other similarly tall, athletic players who came through the program and then eventually transferred.

Again, I’m not saying he’s hopeless or glad he’s leaving. If the coaching staff brought him here they obviously saw potential. Almost all the guys who transfer out of WSU go on to be successful and I have no reason to doubt Jaden will follow that path.

At the same time, I didn’t see anything in his admittedly limited minutes that makes me think we lost a guy who was going to contribute a lot next year. Other people seemed to be more disappointed, I was just curious what they saw that I didn’t.
        I never saw much either. Just the hope of a guy one year in who could give some minutes. Kind of just starting over now with depth there. I would have in a similar way (but to a greater extent) been unhappy if Jenkins left. I think a few spots is all we really need to replace this year to improve the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Did I miss something? TvW is transferring.
          Little Wade was the first to enter the Portal. I'm referring to Big Wade as I don't expect any of the SRs to return.

At the 5, he would be competing with Udeze and Bilau. Minutes to be had.

At the 4, he would be competing against Jackson and Bilau. Minutes to be had.

Obviously, we have 'ships to be filled and the depth can change, but he was a young athletic kid that could have had a good summer to set himself up well to get PT.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'm not super thrilled with Jackson potentially being the best available at the 4. Another undersized guy that is not really an offensive threat. Can we get some talent at this position?

Comment

Little Wade was the first to enter the Portal. I'm referring to Big Wade as I don't expect any of the SRs to return.

Obviously, we have 'ships to be filled and the depth can change, but he was a young athletic kid that could have had a good summer to set himself up well to get PT.
              He is listed at 205 pounds. Being 6-9 doesn't mean he should/wants to play center.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

It’s a miss because he feels like he could get more playing time else where? Should we be recruiting kids content to sit on the bench?

Seymour was not a miss. It just means someone else really took off.
                Who on the depth chart is ahead of him? If somebody had taken off at his position, WSU wouldn't have gotten beat by Drake. It is a miss.

Comment

I agree with your statements. I'm just wondering why WSU doesn't say something if, in fact, TrW and AG are leaving. For me anyway, it would seem unrealistic for one or both of them or WSU to wait on announcing they're leaving, going pro, or so forth to see if we can replace them with quality transfers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    I'm not super thrilled with Jackson potentially being the best available at the 4. Another undersized guy that is not really an offensive threat. Can we get some talent at this position?
                    Clarence Jackson:

6-7, 205

14 mpg/5 ppg/4.4 rpg.

Wade played almost double the minutes but only 30% more productivity. Jackson could be a double/double guy.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I agree with your statements. I'm just wondering why WSU doesn't say something if, in fact, TrW and AG are leaving. For me anyway, it would seem unrealistic for one or both of them or WSU to wait on announcing they're leaving, going pro, or so forth to see if we can replace them with quality transfers.
                      Sounds like WSU still doesn't know if Wade or Gilbert are leaving yet.

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

TWade and AG have not decided per Taylor. They are probably exploring their pro options.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• This portal is going to be a circus every year from here on unless some stipulations are put in place.

Comment

• If Jayden Seymour couldn't get time with our current roster, what makes anyone think he would get time with a roster that has more talent? Drives me nuts when people say, "don't quit...just man up and try to get playing time." That's ridiculous. If I'm a college basketball player and I want to play, why would I spend my time in a place where I can't do that? It's not selfish. It's just reality. Ty Taylor, Rian Holland, and others were not going to play at WSU while they were here. And that's fine. I'd rather a kid go somewhere where they can play and enjoy themselves.

For Craig Porter, either AG is leaving and/or we know we are not getting Jarrod West.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              If Jayden Seymour couldn't get time with our current roster, what makes anyone think he would get time with a roster that has more talent? Drives me nuts when people say, "don't quit...just man up and try to get playing time." That's ridiculous. If I'm a college basketball player and I want to play, why would I spend my time in a place where I can't do that? It's not selfish. It's just reality. Ty Taylor, Rian Holland, and others were not going to play at WSU while they were here. And that's fine. I'd rather a kid go somewhere where they can play and enjoy themselves.

For Craig Porter, either AG is leaving and/or we know we are not getting Jarrod West.
                              Word! Totally agree. You get one chance to play college basketball. If the writing is on the wall at a school it's totally fine to go where there's a good fit. The only problem is that it sure seems like it would be very difficult to know what kind of situation a player is getting into by transferring since there are so many holes at every school. It's just nuts!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerLurker View Post

He is listed at 205 pounds. Being 6-9 doesn't mean he should/wants to play center.
                                I've always seen him as more of a 4/3 type, but can be a face up 5 if necessary and it would/could get him on the court. Honestly, we don't have a back to the basket post player on the roster.

I do think FR are way too quick to transfer due to not playing much as FR. FR playing a ton are the exception and not the rule and I would think that would be obvious to most.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X