2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
    I wonder how the transfer portal affects the prospects of kids coming out of high school. Certainly, the highly-rated guys will find a spot, but I would guess that those who are not in that exclusive group might get overlooked when the competition is a guy who plays the same position and has a year or two D1 experience.
    Coaching staffs who don't normally have access to high end HS recruits will take advantage of this if they're smart. Several mid major will lose top returning players who are valued by P5 schools plus some of the BE/AAC/MW/Gonzaga.

This "transfer of talent" will open the door to several low 4* - mid 3* guys who otherwise would be looking at only the top 80ish schools. 120+ programs could be in play to snag ranked recruits, with 50ish of those schools potentially able to recruit way over their head due to transfers sucking up rotation spots via the portal.

The schools losing players would be well served to treat this as an opportunity to build for the future. Similar to a professional team trading a veteran for multiple picks or an all-star at the deadline for multiple young players with upside.

The trick will be keeping them.

Comment

• The 2020 "reset" has even thrust its tentacles into college sports.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Not surprised.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Not surprised.
            Me too.

Comment

• I thought it would be JB.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                I thought it would be JB.
                may be that as well, I guess

Comment

• One of the one's I expected. He started the year with a chance to be the #1 big man or at least an equal split but he couldn't command time over Udeze. I wish him the best wherever he goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

He's listed on Verbal Commits. He's one of 7 players, including 2 more PGs, in the portal.
                    Yeah, I'm quoting myself. Left off some possibly important info on my above post. They were all from EKU. So, Green and 2 more PGs, and 4 more players leaving EKU.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

may be that as well, I guess
                      Yeah I'm guessing he will as well. On the Talkin Shox twitter page, that person is saying there is one more coming, maybe two, but that they wont surprise anyone. I'm guessing JB and either CJenkins or Jayden Seymour. Anyone else would surprise me.

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post

Yeah I'm guessing he will as well. On the Talkin Shox twitter page, that person is saying there is one more coming, maybe two, but that they wont surprise anyone. I'm guessing JB and either CJenkins or Jayden Seymour. Anyone else would surprise me.
                        I really hope Jenkins and Seymour stay. Neither got enough playing time behind really good upperclassmen to show anything off. Which I know is exactly why they would leave, but It would be nice to see them develop. That said, I did notice that Seymour already went back home to NC.

I would say the same about JB, but the fact that people close to the program are saying he's not developing because he's not putting in the effort is concerning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I really hope Jenkins and Seymour stay. Neither got enough playing time behind really good upperclassmen to show anything off. Which I know is exactly why they would leave, but It would be nice to see them develop. That said, I did notice that Seymour already went back home to NC.

I would say the same about JB, but the fact that people close to the program are saying he's not developing because he's not putting in the effort is concerning.
                          I would make a wager that the coaches want Jenkins and Seymour to stay. With one more year of development, they could become something really good. I wouldn't wager that they feel the same way about JB but they might.

Comment

• JB, Jenkins and Seymour technically are still freshmen next year. We need size, so why would JB or JS leave, they need to step up and take minutes at the 4 and 5. IPBC was the obvious being a senior and needing to play more now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I believe quite a bit of them are already back home. Not sure if its because their classes are all online this semester and with basketball over, are free to go home but I have seen a few of their social media with them back in their hometowns.

I hope CJ & JS stay too but they didn't see a whole lot of playing time this year and if we have one or two more possible transfers, I would have to say one of those two after JB. I can see Jenkins leaving over Seymour just by how his body language was this season being on the bench.

Comment

• The difficult thing with recruiting this year, is that the extra year of eligibility throws turmoil into the development of players. It used to be that younger players knew that a starter or player who had a lot of minutes only had one or two more years before they left/graduated. Now, they don't know when it will be their turn. When this extra year of eligibility moves away from rosters, roster management will become easier and the transfer portal will be used less. With easy transfers, it will never be the stability it used to be, but it will become more managable.

Comment

Working...
                                X