2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But I thought that’s the main reason why we signed IB to a 5 year contract?
    Poor Fever. Didn’t get his way with his favorite team’s coach. :( boo-hoo.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Poor Fever. Didn’t get his way with his favorite team’s coach. :( boo-hoo.
      If that’s the only thing you could come back with, well, thanks for solidifying my point :D
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If that’s the only thing you could come back with, well, thanks for solidifying my point :D
        Well, there are several reasons why IB got the job but I’m not going to waste my time spelling it out for you.

Continue on with your constant doom and gloom, pal.

Comment

I will be severely disappointed if Ricky leaves.
          Ricky is bright spot in WSU recruiting. That would be disappointing on many fronts.

Comment

Well, there are several reasons why IB got the job but I’m not going to waste my time spelling it out for you.

Continue on with your constant doom and gloom, pal.
            But the main reason was to keep players here, was it not? Stop playing dumb dumb goob. Sorry my point was a kick in he cornflakes to ya.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

But the main reason was to keep players here
              According to Shockernet?

Comment

But the main reason was to keep players here, was it not? Stop playing dumb dumb goob. Sorry my point was a kick in he cornflakes to ya.
                This may be a novel concept to you, but coaches get hired to *win games*.

Farewell now, child.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

According to Shockernet?
                  So he was hired based on? Merit?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This may be a novel concept to you, but coaches get hired to *win games*.

Farewell now, child.
                    Like Marty Shottenheimer?

Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Although I disagree with the snark, having multiple guys from next year’s core transfer would obviously taint the move.

IB wasn’t really my first choice. But I was and am 100% fine with the hire and one of the big reasons was not having to rebuild.

Comment

What Fever is saying isn’t without at least some merit. Losing players was mentioned as a fear for some who pushed to hire IB (it wouldn’t be difficult to look up who if you want) immediately, but I’m not going to say that was the main reason for his hire. But again, it was a reason, and may have been a main reason for a few posters.

Comment

So he was hired based on? Merit?
                          I just scanned again but I don’t think this article said anything about him being hired to keep the current roster intact.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kan...249551968.html

Comment

• Pretty sure that was one of the reasons

Comment

I just scanned again but I don’t think this article said anything about him being hired to keep the current roster intact.

LOL. Now that’s funny. I didn’t read the article but if our AD says anything other than things like “IB shows a great vision for the future of our basketball program”, and “IB showed exemplary leadership and ability to keep our team together, during a difficult time”, then he should be fired.

However, There were more than a couple of posters on here who were truly fearful that if IB wasn’t hired, we’d have to start over with a totally new roster. Maybe not you, but You’re being a tad bit disingenuous, and dishonest if you don’t admit that there was a little bit of that attitude on Shockernet.

Comment

I could be wrong but weren’t you one of the ones touting roster stability when giving reasons for the hire? There were definitely people touting that as a big reason.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X