Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damnit

Comment

If AG is coming back, I could understand that. If not, it's pretty surprising. I'd think he's the presumptive starter unless we have a good grad transfer coming in.

Comment

I was looking forward to seeing him when he signed, but he never quite got a footing here even when back up PG was a huge need.

Best of luck.
        The Assman

Comment

Best of luck to Craig Porter! I had high hopes for him but then I’m the eternal optimist. He wasn’t bad by any means I just always wished he would have been a little more aggressive on offense. He will be successful wherever he lands and will help a team win.

Comment

These players have no clue. Gut things out people. Be accountable. If you didn't get the playing time you thought you deserved, hit the gym and get better.

Comment

This could be about AG, but I don't think this is indicative of AG returning. If you are CP and you see the staff is recruiting grad transfer PGs to presumably come in and make an impact, you probably see the writing on the wall regardless of if AG is returning or not.

Comment

Unfortunate. I though Porter showed promise and would be a lot better with an increased role.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This is a head scratcher for me. Maybe AG is coming back. But, he didn't even use a year of eligibility. He still had all of his time remaining. Get your butt in they gym and work on the shot and get better. Come out and prove people wrong for not giving you the playing time you think you deserved. It's like these kids see competition as a hit to their ego or something. I don't get it. Use it as motivation, not running and hiding.

Grass isn't always greener. I am sure he will have success wherever he ends up. Best of luck.

Comment

Another example of the negative consequences of the easy transfer rule. I just don't like it. I was really looking forward to him coming back strong and seeing what he could do. Maybe the conversation with the coaching staff did not go well. Hmmmm.

Comment

• How many is that, now? Maybe Patty should start an investigation into IB... (JK, btw)

Comment

• Good rotational guy, but not a back breaking loss for the program by any means. He would’ve been nice to have in the fold again for next year, but I suppose it’s just another spot on the roster for IB to hopefully upgrade.

Also worth pointing out - it may not be just a playing time issue as to why he left. It certainly could be, but it’s foolish to assume and begin criticizing every kid that elects to transfer.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                          How many is that, now? Maybe Patty should start an investigation into IB... (JK, btw)
                          Lingering effects of GM.

These are all his recruits and he was here to start the season, after all.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Just too many kids looking to be THE GUY right off now-a-days. So they just hop around until they get what they want.

Don't know that is exactly what happened with Porter. Just speaking in general terms
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Taylor saying there "could be a few more coming".

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                                Taylor saying there "could be a few more coming".
                                I think that will happen every year. Nothing new. But with easy transfer rules I can't imagine we won't lose at least 3 or 4 a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X