X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kapaun job.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      It's not D-1, but is local. Steve Eck is stepping down as HCC coach after the NJCAA tournament next week.

https://hutchpost.com/posts/12418e83...1-fb96efd18e42
      I know what some of you think of Coach Eck but he is a winner. He coached at my old high school after I graduated. He had some great teams at South.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
        The Kapaun job.
        Huh. Sure enough.

Comment

• Preparing for retirement by winding it down a bit at KMC?
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• His stay at Cowley county was short, but my dad (who was a business owner there for many years) met him as a booster; stated he was aloof almost to the point of being anti-social. Didn't care for him, but that's small town Kansas. You better be able to jaw with the locals.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
              His stay at Cowley county was short, but my dad (who was a business owner there for many years) met him as a booster; stated he was aloof almost to the point of being anti-social. Didn't care for him, but that's small town Kansas. You better be able to jaw with the locals.
              I went to school there. There were lots of stories about Eck. Easy to see why he was a players coach.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                His stay at Cowley county was short, but my dad (who was a business owner there for many years) met him as a booster; stated he was aloof almost to the point of being anti-social. Didn't care for him, but that's small town Kansas. You better be able to jaw with the locals.
                He's always had that persona as kind of socially awkward. But then again most savant's are.

Comment

• The trepidation by some on this board harkens back to Shockernet’s infancy and twilight days of Team A & Team B. Many, perhaps all of the board had unsolicited communications with Coach Eck regarding coaching opportunities at our beloved institution. Nothing personal toward a coach Eck, always wish him well, just awkward how all that played out. “Back in the day”

Go Shocks!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• So Kapaun now has Schartz and Eck.

Pretty solid duo.
                    The Assman

Comment

• One of the funniest thing I ever heard about Eck was in one of the numerous WSU searches, and on a call in show, a listener said "I'd only be worried about if HE COULD RECRUIT..."

ARE YOU KIDDING???His South teams had kids from South...and North....and East ...and West...

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                        One of the funniest thing I ever heard about Eck was in one of the numerous WSU searches, and on a call in show, a listener said "I'd only be worried about if HE COULD RECRUIT..."

ARE YOU KIDDING???His South teams had kids from South...and North....and East ...and West...
                        THE NCAA RULE$ ARE $OMEWHAT MORE $TRICT

Comment

• Don't forget about his time at UMKC and his ugly departure.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            One of the funniest thing I ever heard about Eck was in one of the numerous WSU searches, and on a call in show, a listener said "I'd only be worried about if HE COULD RECRUIT..."

Yep. It was funny how kids I went to middle school with up north ended up going to south for high school...

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                              The trepidation by some on this board harkens back to Shockernet’s infancy and twilight days of Team A & Team B. Many, perhaps all of the board had unsolicited communications with Coach Eck regarding coaching opportunities at our beloved institution. Nothing personal toward a coach Eck, always wish him well, just awkward how all that played out. “Back in the day”

Go Shocks!
                              Yeah it was strange. I just remember being involved in a thread about him and next thing I know he called me and wanted to chat about things that were being said. Weird guy.....
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yeah it was strange. I just remember being involved in a thread about him and next thing I know he called me and wanted to chat about things that were being said. Weird guy.....
                                Mmmm-hmmm. Same.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X