No announcement yet.

Coaching Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This time UT may bring someone in with a personality to match.

Comment

• If it was me, I’m going after Billy Donovan. That holds true for Texas, Indiana and Oklahoma

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Doucheman on the case:

I really like Mick Cronin and Cincinnati fans were really down on him. LMAO Cincy fans get what they deserve. The same thing at k-state. LMAO twice. Wildkiittems never gave Dana Altman fair treatment and all he has done is win. And he knows how to beat the chickenhawks. Shaka will do great at Marquette. Its a basketball school. Fuk Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          If it was me, I’m going after Billy Donovan. That holds true for Texas, Indiana and Oklahoma
          Why shouldn’t Texas hire an assistant to keep kids from transferring.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            This time UT may bring someone in with a personality to match.
            I feel like there is some code going on in this post.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              This time UT may bring someone in with a personality to match.
              IB?!

;)
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Why shouldn’t Texas hire an assistant to keep kids from transferring.
                Are you picking at me or just being cynical in general? When weighing pros and cons I listed it as one of many factors. Obviously if we have two of our top 6-7 players transfer, then it gets scratched off the list.

Comment

• In regards to Shaka. I was intrigued about him as a potential candidate back when the Shox were hiring. Not really appropriate at a non basketball school while kind of under performing to the exceptions he set at the previous school. Maybe a change was needed to reinvigorate his career and we seemed like a potential good fit.
                  So I dived into his performance a little more and came away wondering if he was overrated as a coach. Now by overrated I don’t mean a stooge but he’s still getting a lot mileage out of his VCU Final Four run. He has a great winning percentage of .650+ but has never won a conference championship and hasn’t had NCAA win since beating the Shox back in 2012. A potential great coach at the wrong spot or good coach who has maximized his limited post season successes?
                  I'm extremely bias but I think Marquette isn’t nearly the job of Wichita State even without the Big East conference tie. So he could of had been had, this is the biggest “What if” of the coaching carousel thus far and I will watching Marquette from afar to see how things stack up in the next few years.
                  I’m rooting for IB to be successful and I have a good amount hope that he can be but this has the markings of a “Oh what could have been” tell if things don’t go well for WSU.
                  If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Are you picking at me or just being cynical in general? When weighing pros and cons I listed it as one of many factors. Obviously if we have two of our top 6-7 players transfer, then it gets scratched off the list.

Just cynical in general. Not pointed at you at all.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

Not saying we should have stayed in the MVC, but here are guys we signed in our late MVC years:

Cle Early
                      Tekele Cotton
                      FVV
                      Ron Baker
                      Landry Shamet
                      Connor Frankamp
                      Darryl Willis
                      Shaq Morris
                      Austin Reaves
                      Marcus McDuffie

The only Shocker AAC recruits comparable to the level of those MVC recruits above are Jamie and TE. MAYBE Dexter. MAYBE
                      Cle Early - D3 JuCo player. Talented player lightly recruited because his stats were against weak competition. Good recruiting find.
                      Tekele Cotton - Another lightly recruited player whose D was better than his O, and it's O that gets recruiting attention. Another good recruiting find.
                      FVV - Dana Ford got a commit from him early and FVV stuck with his commitment. Too small, not quick enough, can't jump. Not heavily recruited.
                      Ron Baker - Had to be at the Class 3A state playoffs to even see him. Only competition for a future NBA guy was Ft. Hays State
                      Landry Shamet - Serious competition from major programs. The chance to play with FVV and Baker may have been the significant factor.
                      Connor Frankamp - If I express my honest opinion there will be 10 pages of posts hating on me. At the risk of enduring that I will mention that his dragging Shaq out to bars and not getting back to where they lived until 5 AM (with a 6 AM practice scheduled) and then waking up their teammates who saw how drunk they were didn't help team chemistry. That info got to WSU's NCAA liaison, but didn't require a report to the NCAA.
                      Darryl Willis - I have nothing on this recruit
                      Shaq Morris - Seems like a lot of schools gave up on him. Could it be they recognized his total lack of motivation and a motor? Took a lot of drama and effort to get some good years out of him, but that effort eventually contributed to Marshall's downfall.
                      Austin Reaves - Another lightly recruited guy who didn't have a D1 body and had major shoulder problems. Potential AA and B12 PoY left (for unknown reasons) the moment he got healthy.
                      Marcus McDuffie - Ended up as the only 4-year player on a team filled with prima donna Fr That can't be the way a recruit sees himself in his Sr year.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
                        In regards to Shaka. I was intrigued about him as a potential candidate back when the Shox were hiring. Not really appropriate at a non basketball school while kind of under performing to the exceptions he set at the previous school. Maybe a change was needed to reinvigorate his career and we seemed like a potential good fit.
                        So I dived into his performance a little more and came away wondering if he was overrated as a coach. Now by overrated I don’t mean a stooge but he’s still getting a lot mileage out of his VCU Final Four run. He has a great winning percentage of .650+ but has never won a conference championship and hasn’t had NCAA win since beating the Shox back in 2012. A potential great coach at the wrong spot or good coach who has maximized his limited post season successes?
                        I'm extremely bias but I think Marquette isn’t nearly the job of Wichita State even without the Big East conference tie. So he could of had been had, this is the biggest “What if” of the coaching carousel thus far and I will watching Marquette from afar to see how things stack up in the next few years.
                        I’m rooting for IB to be successful and I have a good amount hope that he can be but this has the markings of a “Oh what could have been” tell if things don’t go well for WSU.
                        So, you are going with the “what could have been” statement on a coach who you clearly have argued is probably not that great of a coach, right?!? I just don’t get it. Another passive “poke” at HCIB from another “fan”.

Comment

• Cle was division 3 JUCO POY 2 years in a row. Low level JUCO but he tore it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Cle was division 3 JUCO POY 2 years in a row. Low level JUCO but he tore it up.
                            This is true. Average about 30 and 10. Became a high level target at one of the premier JUCO camps where he was rated as the best player and became rated the #1/2 player in all of JUCO following that camp. It’s where he was spotted by WSU coaches.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Cle Early - D3 JuCo player. Talented player lightly recruited because his stats were against weak competition. Good recruiting find.
                              No Kentucky here but still highly recruited. Recruited by Alabama, Baylor, Missouri, San Diego State, Washington State, Pitt, Memphis, Georgetown, St. John's and Rutgers.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              FVV - Dana Ford got a commit from him early and FVV stuck with his commitment. Too small, not quick enough, can't jump. Not heavily recruited.
                              A lot higher recruit than you gave him credit for even though these schools were late to the party.However, he did stick to his early commitment to Gregg Marshall, and the Shockers. His favorite coach when looking back was Greg Heiar who he gave a lot of credit to for his success. Rivals.com ranked him the No. 19 point guard in the class of 2012 and the No. 138 player overall out of Auburn High School in Rockford, Ill.… Was the only Class of 2012 Missouri Valley Conference high school recruit in the Rivals top 150

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Ron Baker - Had to be at the Class 3A state playoffs to even see him. Only competition for a future NBA guy was Ft. Hays State
                              Not highly recruited, but he did receive two Division 1 offers from lower out of state schools. Also had offers from South Dakota State and Arkansas-Little Rock. He was an awesome find.

No hate here but you did write some FAKE or at least badly researched NEWS that needed correction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

No Kentucky here but still highly recruited. Recruited by Alabama, Baylor, Missouri, San Diego State, Washington State, Pitt, Memphis, Georgetown, St. John's and Rutgers.

A lot higher recruit than you gave him credit for even though these schools were late to the party.However, he did stick to his early commitment to Gregg Marshall, and the Shockers. His favorite coach when looking back was Greg Heiar who he gave a lot of credit to for his success. Rivals.com ranked him the No. 19 point guard in the class of 2012 and the No. 138 player overall out of Auburn High School in Rockford, Ill.… Was the only Class of 2012 Missouri Valley Conference high school recruit in the Rivals top 150

Not highly recruited, but he did receive two Division 1 offers from lower out of state schools. Also had offers from South Dakota State and Arkansas-Little Rock. He was an awesome find.

No hate here but you did write some FAKE or at least badly researched NEWS that needed correction.
                                Ron also had interest from KU and KState. KState offered him a preferred walk on position and he committed to WSU before he could visit KU.

Comment

Working...
                                X