Recent FG% rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent FG% rank

Found this on twitter from another post.

Is this true? Doesn't seem like we've been this bad for this long.

If these are the accurate numbers, then this team was better at hitting shots than the teams for the two years prior to this year.
    That doesn't seem possible.

2018-2019: 327th(NIT)
    2019-2020: 328th(Bubble)
    2020-2021: 315th(First Four)
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

2018 4th AdjO
    2019 135th AdjO
    2020 117th AdjO
    2021 68th AdjO

Oh, and not to worry anybody. But this team was worse than 2019 in KenPom.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
      2018 4th AdjO
      2019 135th AdjO
      2020 117th AdjO
      2021 68th AdjO

Oh, and not to worry anybody. But this team was worse than 2019 in KenPom.
      Do I remember this right?

2018 was the year the Shox were a 4 seed and got beat in the first round by a 13 seed. And the year the huge Sr class graduated, leading to...

...the Fr class that included Dennis, Stevenson and Burton for the 2019 year and (apparently) a huge dropoff in offensive efficiency that didn't have a significant improvement until this year. I'm still doing this from memory without checking rosters, but isn't Dennis the only player still on the roster from the Fr class of 2018-2019?

Then I look at the 2019 class (stats above correspond to 2020) and Etienne is the only Fr recruit left from that recruiting class. Didn't we lose something like 5 Fr recruits over those years? If we lost 5 and kept 2 that's 28% retention of HS recruits over those years.

In the classes that would be So's and Jr's this year, we lost 72% of our recruits to the transfer portal. We kept two. We filled the open spots with late recruits and JuCo's. It's generally thought that JuCo trfrs usually show what they can do in their second year.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
      X