21-22 Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I guess my question is...what kinf shooters do you have? UCLA does not appear to have ANY leash , but they have dynamite shooters....
    Seems like the only good shooters are Etienne and Dennis, and one of them struggled for a majority of the season.

Comment

• There is a lot that goes into teaching good shot selection. It's who the shooter is, where the shot is, how open the shooter is, the time on the shot clock, etc.

Alterique, didn't drive and try to dish as much as I think he should have, especially early in the clock. I remember Fred driving down the lane, looking for a shot for himself, or someone he could pass to, and if didn't find either, he would circle on out, and start over. Imo, AG took too many 3's that he didn't need to early in the clock. Tyson also took quite a few 3's from 25' early in the clock. Now if Tyson had just hit 1 or 2 three's previously, it isn't as bad of a shot, but an open 25 footer with 20 seconds on the clock isn't a good shot just because it's there. That type of shot can be had anytime.

Udeze became a better offensive team mate when he started passing the ball back out when he couldn't get a good shot with his back to the basket. etc.

Comment

• Mobile 6’10 post who can rebound, block shots, run the court, and has some range out to 15 feet? Check.

Still need one more big for...depth (is it ok to recruit depth or is that a bad thing?) at the 5. Obviously if we can get a stud we jump but we primarily need defense and rebounding production.

Next on my wishlist is a PG. Yesefu from Drake would be the dream but the kid from Duke would be a really nice pick up too. Maybe there is an incoming freshman out there who is being overlooked due to the transfer mania this year. I like Porter and I think Etienne could be a good back up but at this point I’m not completely comfortable with that rotation. Jenkins is a wild card.

Last I’d love to see us get a long, athletic, rebounding, scoring machine to slot in at the 4.

Comment

• Rebraca would/could be a darn good 4/5 combo player adding depth at both positions

Comment

• Call up Mick and get a multi-year H/H series set up with UCLA.

I became a fan of their team during this tourney run and would be happy to plan against a tough Cronin team every year.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Seems like the only good shooters are Etienne and Dennis, and one of them struggled for a majority of the season.
              Yes DD struggled at the beginning of the season. He was inconsistent and missed alot of wide open shots. He and TE both need to spend more time in gym shooting this summer. Ricky Council IV shot 44% from 3 point line. He can still improve.. They have to get more shots for Ricky from the offense. CJ shot 30% from 3 point line but hit some big shots in games.. ALL 4 of them need to improve this summer. Hope Chauncey Jenkins and Craig Porter help improve 3 point shooting. Having several players that can consistently shoot 3 pointers makes the team more formidable.

But I am hoping they all get better at midrange jump shot. It 8s so great to see so many teams in tournament where guys can make this midrange shot off the catch and can go hit the shot off the dribble.

Clang missed a freethrow.

Comment

• Comment

• If we can land Muscadin and Goldwire I will feel pretty good about the quality of players next year, especially considering the talent we return. And who knows who else we could go out and land. I would call it a success for Brown initially though if he could pull it off.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Comment

• Under Marshall, didn't it seem like frequently he signed folks that were not on anyone's list?

Comment

• After reading that, I think Qua Grant is the PG we need. 2 time AA at D2 reminds a little of Cle being 2x AA at lower level Juco. The guy is ready for a bigger stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          After reading that, I think Qua Grant is the PG we need. 2 time AA at D2 reminds a little of Cle being 2x AA at lower level Juco. The guy is ready for a bigger stage.
                          I turned my nose up at the D-II PG at first, but I agree, after reading that I kind of think perhaps Grant could be a good addition, nice backup to have if the Duke fella chooses elsewhere. I think Goldwire would still be my preferred option.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            A7141EB0-4248-4EDD-A77F-A4727ED2BA6B.png

Comment

• Taylor Eldridge seems to suggest another commitment is coming tonight

Comment

• Joe Pleasant from Abilene Christian just announced he is a Shocker.

Comment

Working...
                                X