AJ Hawkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ Hawkins

Has anybody noticed this kids passion one the bench? I'm looking forward to watching this kid play. If he is as passionate on the court as he is on the bench good things are to come. The kid looks pissed when we lose. Hang in there Hawk, your time is coming.

Hawkins is my boy, so to speak. He will make an impact count on it.

Comment

he told me in Accounting class he thinks about coaching as a about future career

Comment

Remind us age, position, height, weight, favorite plant etc.

This is the St. Bonny guy?

Comment

we all thought Gris was gonna be awesome as well, and we all know what he has done as of yet. Maybe he just needs time, but IMO, he is just not use to this level yet.

I will believe in Hawk when I see it. But, that kind of energy on the bench is preety cool to see of a player who has to sit out a year.
          ________
          JAILBROKEN
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
            we all thought Gris was gonna be awesome as well, and we all know what he has done as of yet. Maybe he just needs time, but IMO, he is just not use to this level yet.

I will believe in Hawk when I see it. But, that kind of energy on the bench is preety cool to see of a player who has to sit out a year.
            Difference is that Hawkins has D-1 experience and avg 12ppg as a sophmore. Mantas has yet to prove anything in D-1. It doesn't look as though Hawkins burns the nets (45%fg 35%3pt 66% ft) but hopefully he will help out.

Comment

think hawkins is more of a slashing type like cooz if i remember hearing right.. cant wait to see him play especially after the dunk contest. He has some great ups.

Comment

Hawkins is similar to PJ in a lot ways. He was not a great shooter but the kid can score. As someone else stated, the difference between MG and Hawkins is the fact that Hawkins has already proven he can play at the D-1 level. During the last half of last season he was the best player on St. Bonaventure. From goshockers.com:

“At St. Bonaventure...Sophomore (2006-07) 
Started all but one game and emerged as a bona fide leader ... Averaged 12.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.0 steals per game ... Came on strong in Atlantic 10 play with a team-high scoring average of 14.1 points per game in conference action ... Scored in double figures each of the last eight games of the season ... Recorded two double-doubles on the year with 10 points and 10 rebounds against Richmond (Jan. 10) and with a career-high 29 points and 12 rebounds in a win at Duquesne (Feb. 24) ... Scored 20 or more points five times: vs. Ohio (25), vs. Duquesne (20), at Temple (23), vs. Dayton (24) and at Duquesne (29) ... Led the Bonnies in scoring nine times ... Set career highs in field goals (12) and attempts (17) in the game with Ohio ... led St. Bonaventure in rebounding six times ... Led the Bonnies in steals with 28 ... Went 13-16 at the line in win at Duquesne ... Averaged 30.4 minutes per night.”

Comment

I am looking forward to watching A J play. He does support his team mates on the bench.

Nobody ever did that better than James Bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                    Remind us age, position, height, weight, favorite plant etc.

This is the St. Bonny guy?
                    06-07 Stats for AJ Hawkins of St. Bonaventure

Pts per game - 12.2
                    FG % - 44.6
                    3 Pt. % - 35.4
                    FT % - 66.4
                    Rebounds per game - 5.2
                    Fouls per game - 2.3
                    Turnovers per game - 2.0

3 Pt. Shots per game - 1.7
                    Steals per game - 1.0

Comment

I am also looking forward to watching AJ play. Anyone with those stats at the D-1 level has a 'get it done' type attitude, and will certainly be a big asset to the team.

Comment

I tell you what.. Ill take 35% from behind the arc from anyone right now!!

Comment

The best part about this is that AJ will have a year of how Coach runs things in his system before he start playing. Just like Carson Palmer sat out a year before he played. I think AJ will do really well.

Comment

What is his height?

What is his hatsize?

Comment

he's 6'5. I didn't measure his head size, sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X