No announcement yet.

AJ Hawkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sooooooo love the Alley Oop. Best play in basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
      I sooooooo love the Alley Oop. Best play in basketball.
      I love this play

These are nice too

I know some of you hate KU, but I'm looking forward to that kind of domination in Koch next year.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
        I'll set the O/U at 50.
        I hope it's over :yahoo:
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

bump bump bump

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
            O
            M
            G
            !
            !
            :good:

Comment

Just like the commentator said " THE :poster_hawk: is putting on a show and his future looks bright."

PJ assured us that we would really like A.J. FSF likes his hops and he can drain the 3 but also penetrate as displayed on this clip.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Wow..the kid can definately finish shots!!
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

If there's a better incoming player in the Valley next year whoever he plays for might be pretty darn good.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

This kid is going to be exciting.

Comment

He has a nice outside shot, and better than was advertised, but his slashing and finishing is terrific. He is going to be fun to watch, and he's a playa'.

Comment

As previously stated... The real deal. 8)
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

After watching the video, I have a couple of questions:

1 - How did he end up at SBU to begin with? This kid coulda been playing in the bigger conferences no problem.

2 - Is it just me, or do you just have to put it somewhere in the vicinity of the basket, and he will throw it down with authority? He can absolutely fly!

Can't wait to see him wearing the black and gold. :poster_hawk:

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                            1 - How did he end up at SBU to begin with? This kid coulda been playing in the bigger conferences no problem.
                            That same thought popped into my head while watching the video as well. He's a fantastic athlete and is quite smooth in everything he does. And his shot looked pretty darn good too. I know it's a highlight video, but the shot looked good. :yahoo:
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

In due time, AJ will very well be one of our "go to" players.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I look forward to seing Hawkins on the floor next year, but I have to point out his career stats don't look as good as his career highlights.

View the profile of Wichita State Shockers Guard A.J. Hawkins on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

12.4 pts and 5.2 boards in 30.4 minutes is solid. AJ is not a great 3 shooter. D1 career is 17/60, although he improved from 0/12 as a Fr to 17/48 (35.4%) as a So. AJ apparently worked on his shooting. He improved his FT % from 49% (Fr) to 66.4% (So). Overall FG% stayed steady around 45% both years.

Remaining stats for his So year are: 2.1 Assists, 2.0 TO's, 1.07 A/TO, 1.0 Stl, .6 Blocks, 2.3 PF's. Took 4.7 FT's per game.

He got those stats against a weaker schedule than WSU plays. St. Bonny's SOS was 213 in 2006 and 163 in 2007. AJ is going to be exciting to watch, but I'd expect some "what on earth did he think he was doing" moments as well.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X