Wichita State vs. Drake First Four Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dennis_Celery View Post
    After the AAC tournament, I really expected us to lose tonight.
    how could anyone think otherwise?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
      It's a feel good story, but if you are looking for the difference in an assistant coach vs a legit head coach, it was on full display from the 5 minute mark until the horn of the first half.
      To stand there and watch Drake hang around (totally on their heels) and then make a run to pull within one was, in a minimum a minimum of words, gross.
      The game should have been over in the first half when the defense was awesome, but the offense execution was Jr High level at best.
      To stand their helpless and watch it unfold was beyond excusable.
      Which unfortunately...was what happened. For all the world to see.

I know a whole bunch of you, including Patty, are happy to see the change in coaches.
      But HCGM (or someone else...Las Cruces, NM) would not have just stood there tonight and watch it happen.
      Which is exactly what did happen.

When you decide that Mo Udeze is your basic option on offense to win the game, you have a serious deficiency in your angle of attack.
      No more telling me about how Billy is the brains on the bench. There weren't any serious upper level adjustments made all night in that game.
      There was, however, a whole lot of helplessness on display for almost the entire game.

He is the coach and has a contract. But the decision was made far early and based too much on a 'feel good' emotion.

That is all.
      Gregg Marshall just watched as we lost to Marshall.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/DerekInWichita/s...619149312?s=19
        ​​​​

IB didn't recruit these players.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

That can't be? We lost as a double-digit favorite in the tourney as a 4-seed? I thought we went undefeated before this IB slouch got the job??

Comment

• Morris Udeze missed 5 free throws tonight.I guess he went back to his form from last year. Hoping the Shocks work over the summer on how to grab a rebound and hold onto th3 ball instead of fumbling it out of bounds. I do think MJ could average double figures for rebound if he would stop fumbling the ball out of bounds or falling down and traveling. The same rule applies to MU and Ricky Council 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

That can't be? We lost as a double-digit favorite in the tourney as a 4-seed? I thought we went undefeated before this IB slouch got the job??
              Marshall never won a damn thing in the NCAA tourney if I remember correctly. Dude is a bum. I believe we finished with zero NCAA tourney wins under him. Huge disappointment as a coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by champions5 View Post

Marshall never won a damn thing in the NCAA tourney if I remember correctly. Dude is a bum. I believe we finished with zero NCAA tourney wins under him. Huge disappointment as a coach.
                Lmao, hey don't get me wrong. I would rather have 3G than IB. Just pointing out stupid when I see it.

3G also lost a pretty frustrating first-NCAA game as our coach as a big favorite, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Run better sets on offense
                  They're running Marshall's sets. The complaint last year was that the offense just passed the ball around the perimeter and then jacked up a wild 3. The complaint this year is that the offense just passes the ball around the perimeter and then jacks up a wild 3.

The offensive sets they run require guards who are excellent coming off or using screens and posts who can execute a pick-n-roll or a pick-n-pop. Posts also have to be able to set solid screens at the right spots and timing. Didn't have that last year. Still don't have it this year.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Good God.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                      Morris Udeze missed 5 free throws tonight.I guess he went back to his form from last year. Hoping the Shocks work over the summer on how to grab a rebound and hold onto th3 ball instead of fumbling it out of bounds. I do think MJ could average double figures for rebound if he would stop fumbling the ball out of bounds or falling down and traveling. The same rule applies to MU and Ricky Council 4.
                      The side spin was back on Mo’s FTs again tonight.

Monzy needs to learn to rebound with BOTH hands. One would think if GM was still coach at least that one thing would have been addressed by now.

Ricky needs to learn to play defense. Like, at all. Again, if Marshall was coach of you’d think that would have been addressed by now.

Not saying this team has a better record or results with Marshall, but I do believe we’d se grow in areas where we have seen none all season. (Mo’s FT shooting is all on him for working with someone in the off-season to improve. So he gets all the props for that)
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Lmao, hey don't get me wrong. I would rather have 3G than IB. Just pointing out stupid when I see it.

3G also lost a pretty frustrating first-NCAA game as our coach as a big favorite, too.
                        The Marshall loss is a fair comparison if you ignore the previous 6 years. In this case, it’s a bad first showing.

Comment

• What a cok teese

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            How were you as an 18-22 year old?
                            Hungry... for everything

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And why is that, genius?
                              Mostly due to the fact that it was posted by a moron. Relatively simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Totally different team with a much different series of attitudes.
                                But you are too GD dumb to understand the difference in each.
                                Now go back down to your basement and hope you mom doesn't kick your stupid ass out to go live back with your daddy.
                                Dumb bastard.

That is all.
                                Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
                                X