No announcement yet.

2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played them 2 years in a row. Beat them at their barn then at home. GGG was 2 and 0 against them.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• National Championships

Bill Self - 1
      Scott Drew - 1

Comment

• Looking at the Rivals ranking of Baylor’s roster, none of them were superstar, can’t miss, recruits.

Butler - 129
        Mitchell - 63 (started at Auburn)
        Vital - 78
        Teague - 3* (started at UNC Asheville)
        Mayer - 109
        Thamba - 3*
        Tchatchoua - Couldn’t even find (started at UNLV)

None of those types of players should be out of reach for WSU.

Can IB get those type of player in and coach them well though? That’s what remains to be seen.
        Last edited by Shock Top; April 5, 2021, 10:56 PM.
        The Assman

Comment

• You just knew we were getting posterized on OSM, and it would be the guy that busted his ass every freaking second he saw the court.

Hope Monzy has a HUGE year next season and gets to return the favor to someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            You just knew we were getting posterized on OSM
            Ok I wasn’t mistaken when I saw that. Ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              You just knew we were getting posterized on OSM, and it would be the guy that busted his ass every freaking second he saw the court.

Hope Monzy has a HUGE year next season and gets to return the favor to someone.
              By freaking DRAKE.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• At least it was quick and you couldn’t really tell what team it was, unless you already knew
                The Assman

Comment

• Baylor was clearly the cream of the crop. Glad they won. I originally was on the Zags bandwagon but damn, they got some cocky ass SOB's. Timme acts like every 2-footer he makes is for a national title. Baylor just has dudes that know how to play, know how to rebound, know how to put the ball in the hole, and know how to not act like a-holes. Good for them. Grats.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Baylor was clearly the cream of the crop. Glad they won. I originally was on the Zags bandwagon but damn, they got some cocky ass SOB's. Timme acts like every 2-footer he makes is for a national title. Baylor just has dudes that know how to play, know how to rebound, know how to put the ball in the hole, and know how to not act like a-holes. Good for them. Grats.
                    I too tired of Timme VERY quickly. I wanted Gonzaga to win it all, but he was impossible to root for IMHO. Also, Kispert is a very nice player, but let's be honest, he picked on lesser competition. No way he's a 1st team AA. Coach Drew does an incredible job and won the ultimate prize tonight. Well done Baylor.

They know where the weight room is.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Baylor was clearly the cream of the crop. Glad they won. I originally was on the Zags bandwagon but damn, they got some cocky ass SOB's. Timme acts like every 2-footer he makes is for a national title. Baylor just has dudes that know how to play, know how to rebound, know how to put the ball in the hole, and know how to not act like a-holes. Good for them. Grats.
                      Timme was a huge reason I couldn’t root for Gonzaga. Plus, that mullet made me moist.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• In what little I saw of the game, the physical disparity between the two teams was striking...Baylor had the big frames as well as more quality depth. Don't like Drew but you need to hand it to him for putting this team together and coaching them up.

Comment

• Timme just reminded me way too much of Christian Laetner.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
                            In what little I saw of the game, the physical disparity between the two teams was striking...Baylor had the big frames as well as more quality depth. Don't like Drew but you need to hand it to him for putting this team together and coaching them up.
                            What about Coach Drew do you not like? Isn't he the coach who replaced Dave Bliss at Baylor in the early 2000's and resurrected the Baylor MBB program from some of the strongest NCAA sanctions in history?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

What about Coach Drew do you not like? Isn't he the coach who replaced Dave Bliss at Baylor in the early 2000's and resurrected the Baylor MBB program from some of the strongest NCAA sanctions in history?
                              Yeah, he came in after the Denehey murder while the team couldn't even schedule non conference games - and then turned the program into what it is today. All while doing it with his nose clean, and being a class act... not sure you can't like the dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                                Gonzaga went from playing beautiful basketball to tonight. Can't make shots, not rebounding, fumbling the ball all over the court. They picked a bad time to have a night like this.
                                that’s what happens when you play Baylor. Suggs was the only one able to compete on that level,

Comment

Working...
                                X