2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Figured I'd start a separate post for the non-WSU games.

First topic... KU will be missing at least their 3rd leading scorer (Jalen Wilson 12.1 ppg 8.2 reb) as he will not be cleared to play (COVID) by Saturday. They might still be without McCormack also.

Higgy sent home.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Figured I'd start a separate post for the non-WSU games.

First topic... KU will be missing at least their 3rd leading scorer (Jalen Wilson 12.1 ppg 8.2 reb) as he will not be cleared to play (COVID) by Saturday. They might still be without McCormack also.
      I thought the guideline in Indiana is that if anybody on the team didn't have 7 consecutive negative tests, the entire team was not allowed to play.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I thought the guideline in Indiana is that if anybody on the team didn't have 7 consecutive negative tests, the entire team was not allowed to play.
        No. NCAA has said if they can field 5 players than they can play.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

No. NCAA has said if they can field 5 players than they can play.
          Thanks. I wasn't clear on how that worked. Then I ran into the tweet from Eldridge that said little Wade and Seymour were on their way. At that moment I knew I was wrong.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

I'd seen it mentioned somewhere on TV that that state of Indiana has a little more relaxed rules for such things. If the tournament was held in California for example, there would be no tournament.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'd seen it mentioned somewhere on TV that that state of Indiana has a little more relaxed rules for such things. If the tournament was held in California for example, there would be no tournament.
              Indiana has guidelines, but for the most part they're common sense requirements. Indianapolis/Marion County is a little more regulated but life has been going on for a while.

My two daughters played at Bankers Life two weeks ago and won their second consecutive 2A state basketball championship. Boys tourney is going strong right now. Between the two state tournaments (every school gets to play in the state tourney), I can't think of one team that had to forfeit. One my daughters played in a travel tourney this weekend in Indy area. 200+ teams at several locations. Standing room only many places. No enforced attendance limits.

But they will throw your ass out if you're not wearing a mask. HS gym or Bankers Life...doesn't matter. It's taken Seriously.
              Places like Banker's Life require masks - no neck gators(sp), etc.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                Higgy sent home.

Another reason why ******* is a mush mouth fool and idiot.... he referred to Valentine as a top official....

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Actually, the majority of socal has gone back to the red tier which would allow for limited attendance at sporting events. But, that literally just happened and there is no way anyone would have any sort of tournament in CA given the naziesque controls.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Actually, the majority of socal has gone back to the red tier which would allow for limited attendance at sporting events. But, that literally just happened and there is no way anyone would have any sort of tournament in CA given the naziesque controls.
                    I think that here the high school attendance has been done by the KSHSAA during the year. And the WSU Shocker fan limits are done by the Sedgwick County Commission with the Sedgwick County Health giving them recommendations (which they do with restaurants, IBA, Hartman Arena, Cotillion, The Wave,etc.)

Comment

do we think an investigation is going to start?

Comment

If any of those guys can rebound, go get 'em
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SkoShox View Post

do we think an investigation is going to start?
                          Well .. they fired their coach mid year already ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Well .. they fired their coach mid year already ...
                            Lol I’m just stirring the pot. Rumor is players are leaving because the AD fired the coach.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X