Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If it was an end of year tournament Coach Jobe was an assistant with the Denver Nuggets. If it was a preseason tournament the next fall he was an assistant at Georgia Tech. He was at Southern from 1986-1996 and again from 2001-2003.
    NCAA. 1st round, March of 1981. We won and played Iowa in the next round.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      NCAA. 1st round, March of 1981. We won and played Iowa in the next round.
      Yep. A 95-70 blow out over Southern although Coach Kobe wasn't with Southern at the time not that it would have made much difference against that Shocker team.

Comment

• Is Hardaway also a finalist for this award, or are Memphis fans getting another reason to hate the Shox?
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Will there be any run for HCIB for national coach of the year?
          Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
            Will there be any run for HCIB for national coach of the year?
            No. I would say Mark Few is the front runner for coach of the year.

Comment

• Juwan Howard
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                Juwan Howard
                This
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                  Will there be any run for HCIB for national coach of the year?
                  Do we have a chance for Elite 8 or more likely F 4? No one who doesn’t make a run in the NCAA Tourney will be a blip on the NCOY ballots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Juwan Howard
                    Don't know how the bush league tirade he threw yesterday will effect voters. It could.

If so, my darkhorse would B. Underwood. They might have (probably did) taken the Wolverines #1 seed.

Comment

• Juwan Howard won the Sporting New Coach of the Year award and sometimes the same coach wins the Naismith one, such as Anthony Grant last year and Gregg Marshall doing it a few years back. So Howard is probably the likely winner, but it wouldn't surprise me if Mark Few won it if Gonzaga dominates during the tournament.
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• IN

Comment

• Is this the first time in our history we’ve had three consecutive coaches that got a NCAA bid during their time here?

Nope forgot Harry Miller in 1976
                          Last edited by ShoxFan7; March 14, 2021, 05:38 PM.
                          If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Congrats Coach Brown! The dream season continues!

Comment

• It was never pretty, but in November, after replacing half the team then losing 3G, I would have been happy with a top half finish and maybe an NIT berth. To get an outright AAC title and an NCAA bid ... Just kinda mind blowing. House money at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                It was never pretty, but in November, after replacing half the team then losing 3G, I would have been happy with a top half finish and maybe an NIT berth. To get an outright AAC title and an NCAA bid ... Just kinda mind blowing. House money at this point.
                                Yeah I truly believe everyone will be able to look back at this one and be pretty damn happy. Even with some of the frustrating parts lol

If not then you are TOO DAMN SPOILED
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X