Poor coaching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor coaching?

I've read lots of claims in recent threads that three coaches in particular--Jankovich at SMU, Hardaway at Memphis, and Haith at Tulsa--are poor coaches, but these claims are almost never backed up with further explanation. I could see that one could say this in a general way if a coach doesn't get as many wins as people think they should given the talent they have recruited (Hardaway), but I'm wondering if those who have made these claims could elaborate a bit more as to what the actual deficiencies are in their coaching (motivation, Xs and Os, allowing selfish play, etc.).

It’s probably me you are referencing and I’m happy to respond , first with a general assessment and later with precision if needed... all three for different reasons....
    * Haith at Miami Mizzou and Tulsa has had moments of good accomplishments, usually with inherited players, followed by lesser records and early exits in league plus some taints
    * Jank average mostly records at places you should win, including Hutch where I did see him coach...good seasons followed by losing seasons
    * penny I think is a wonderful recruiter and does surround himself with good assistants..but x’s and o’s?

Comment

Cool. I wasn't necessarily thinking of you in particular. My guess is that it's easiest to see the strengths and weaknesses of a particular coach as part of that team's own fan base (as we could have done for Marshall, given the closeness with which we followed the Shocks during his tenure), but it's less easy to do for coaches on other team's benches--but I had just seen a number of comments about these coaches, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Working...
      X