No announcement yet.

Disappointments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given Durley's lack of defense and his reputation for not working hard in practice, he obviously may not be here next year.

Comment

Re: disappointment

Originally posted by Sundevil Shox
      How far we have fallen in 1.5 seasons.

Poor offensive fundamentals.

Losing to UTA at home/
      Good thing we still play cupcakes like LSU and UAB.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

disappointment

Wu-Shizzle,

No doubt those were nice wins but we are slightly above .500 ball club dating back to last season. That is a disappointment.

Comment

One thing for sure, I was relieved that PJ returned for his Senior Season. He has had some flat games scoring. However, he does so many things consistantly such as play good defense. PJ and MB have been instumental in slowing down opposing players. The only thing that has disappointed me on PJ is I want him to stay out of foul trouble. In the Drake game, our team had laspes when PJ was sitting out that really hurt. The Season we recently made it to the Sweet 16, we did not have big injury issues either. This team is to thin to suffer many injury problems.

My main disappointment is I felt like we would be a much better shooting team this year. I thought we would be deeper at the guard positions overall then we have been also. It matters not how good we shoot in practice if we fail to manifest the same accuracy in games. My expectations are usually a smidge high for the Shocks.(Imagine that) However, that is my own issue of letting my heart exaggerate reality. Even so, I still think this year will have some positives that we can hang our hat on for a Program that is bound and determined under HCGM to move forward. He did not inherit a gold mine of talent like Coach T. did at College Station. However, when it is all said and done, HCGM will take us right where we want to go and raise the bar doing it. This takes time and we must be patient as fans, FSF included.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Originally posted by SubGod22
            And on our last second shot last night I wonder how many were thinking the same thing I was?

Get the ball to Durley!!!
            Durley went to a spot inside the 3-pt line where the defense was clogging things up. It wouldn't have done any good.

Unless you're saying HCGM should have run a play for Durley, which he might have. Marshall said the play broke down, but not as bad as at the end of the UMKC game.
            I was just referring to who I'd prefer shoot a last second three. At this point, with Matt out, Durley is the one I have the most confidence in. I know there may be others with a better percentage but....
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yes, I have noticed that Durley and Ellis are the only 2 players that seem to be able to consistently get 'above' the defender when they release the shot.

Ellis could be very important when he gets 'seasoned' and starts asserting himself more.

I think Durley surprises other teams some with his Offensive skills. Looks to me like other teams underestimate him.

Comment

Working...
              X