Say What???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say What???

“WSU’s current roster features two scholarship seniors in point guard Alterique Gilbert and forward Trey Wade, although the NCAA has announced that this season will not count against current players’ eligibility — meaning Gilbert and Wade will have the option to return to the Shockers next season.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

My apologies if this has already been addressed, but is Taylor saying that seniors can come back next year? And does that mean all players get to be the same class next year as this year? I have never heard this game changer news before.

Yes they can decide to play one more season.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
      “WSU’s current roster features two scholarship seniors in point guard Alterique Gilbert and forward Trey Wade, although the NCAA has announced that this season will not count against current players’ eligibility — meaning Gilbert and Wade will have the option to return to the Shockers next season.

My apologies if this has already been addressed, but is Taylor saying that seniors can come back next year? And does that mean all players get to be the same class next year as this year? I have never heard this game changer news before.
      Yeah, I know. I don't know how in the world you missed it.

Comment

LOL, I guess I didn’t understand before...Anyway, sorry for bothering.

Comment

Not only can they return if they wish, but this year doesn’t count towards the 5-to-play-4 rule.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Grant Gibbs has entered the chat.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              Not only can they return if they wish, but this year doesn’t count towards the 5-to-play-4 rule.
              Next year we could carry 15 scholarship players

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                  Grant Gibbs has entered the chat.
                  If liked 50 times, still underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Next year we could carry 15 scholarship players
                    What I meant was nobody loses a year of eligibility. Our freshmen this year will be freshmen next year. Obviously this impacts the seniors the most but it has been alluded to in nearly every article that mentions it.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Don’t feel bad... I do this kind of stuff 7-10 times a day

Comment

Read the papers

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

Read the papers
                          The what??

Comment

Bilau will be a Fr for classification purposes for 3 years.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

We are 13-4, first place in the American, just beat #6 Houston and yet received only one vote in the AP poll from the same guy who voted for us last week (Richard V). Say what???

Granted, I don’t know who, if anybody, lost in front of us but color me surprised that we didn’t at least get two votes.

Comment

Working...
                              X