WSU vs Memphis [Cancelled] Houston Pregame Discussion 2-18-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post

the pipes froze and break so I had to shut off the water main. I had to rip the ceiling out in the master bath to find the leak, what a freakin mess. Even if you don’t have any broken pipes, the city water has been slowed to a trickle due to all the breakages around the city. Everyone is helping each other get through. Some of my neighbors have come over to get water out of my pool so they can flush their toilets. I have others plugging things into my generator. I’ve basically been sitting by my fireplace for 2 days now.

as for power, we went down Monday. There’s no telling when it will be back on. It hasn’t rolled back on where I am.
    I can't even imagine. My heart is with you guys down there. So, so sorry to hear that!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Damn, so sorry to hear what you guys are going thru! If you don't mind my asking, is the reason you have no water due to everything being frozen or is everything shut off? Is electric outage still due to rolling or is it a bigger issue?
      I manage a resort with about 50 cabins, 100 rv sites, 2 pools and 1 hot tub. Our water problems were caused by electric going out for so long, mostly about 12 hours. Since the water suppliers were also getting their power shut down, water flow was so low pipes froze. The power in texas has been transitioning toward wind and solar. Many power plants that use petroleum have been shut down in favor of the green alternatives.
      This unusual prolonged freeze is more that any construction has allowed for over the years, so this is the result of many things from construction to green energy initiative and acts of god.
      Basically it just sucks! But we'll get through it, just very inconveinconveniet and costly. I'm looking at 15-20k in repairs not including labor.

Comment

Houston may not be able to get here........................

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Looks like Flight Aware shows planes leaving from IAH okay. Do the Cougars fly charter or commercial?
          If they fly charter I would bet they fly out of Hobby or Ellington Field. IAH is an hour from campus whereas the other 2 are like 10 minutes.

Comment

Wondered the same thing. It's a mess, also concerned about volleyball. Dallas not much better. 2021 is lapping 2020 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I manage a resort with about 50 cabins, 100 rv sites, 2 pools and 1 hot tub. Our water problems were caused by electric going out for so long, mostly about 12 hours. Since the water suppliers were also getting their power shut down, water flow was so low pipes froze. The power in texas has been transitioning toward wind and solar. Many power plants that use petroleum have been shut down in favor of the green alternatives.
              This unusual prolonged freeze is more that any construction has allowed for over the years, so this is the result of many things from construction to green energy initiative and acts of god.
              Basically it just sucks! But we'll get through it, just very inconveinconveniet and costly. I'm looking at 15-20k in repairs not including labor.
              Might want to check your facts before you place the blame on “green energy”.

Comment

Wichita +8, over/under 137.5 opening line.

Comment

Comment

Looks like the rain is done for today and tomorrow so at least there’s that. I’m sure that’s not the only issue they’re dealing with.

I didn’t watch the whole press conference. I wonder what their original departure plan was.

Hopefully they can make it happen but given our luck so far this year I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      I wonder if he has ever heard of Bus. Get on the bus Gus

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I wonder if he has ever heard of Bus. Get on the bus Gus
                        i can't figure Texas roads are in great condition .... since they likely have next to no supply to treat roads for stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

i can't figure Texas roads are in great condition .... since they likely have next to no supply to treat roads for stuff like this.
                          Had a friend that worked EMS down in Dallas a number of years ago, she always laughed at how they'd freak out over a dusting but also commented on how most Texas towns have little to no plan to combat this kind of weather.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Just let them know if they don't figure it out - Kung Wu rule is effect. No play - Forfeit.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Just let them know if they don't figure it out - Kung Wu rule is effect. No play - Forfeit.
                              Just need them to send up some Jerseys, we will find 10 "walk-ons" to play against us in their jerseys. Then we can post a 100-10 win which will surely help the NET. Houston can take one for the good of the league.

Comment

Flying out of Hobby, their charter should be in the air in approximately 30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X