Greetings from Winthrop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Winthrop.

How coach Marshall working out for you guys? You guys doing well?

Winthrop's new coach has done well so far, but man I sure do miss our Marshall! Lynn and Kellen have been to a couple games at the WU this year so I guess they still have their house in Rock Hill.

Marshall is great and in my opinion, he is doing the best he can with the hand that he has been dealt.

Check back in a couple of years and then ask your question. I do not think WSU fans have really seen a true Marshall team yet and he needs time to get in players that can properly run his system.

Comment

He won right off the bat at WU with some very untalented players, so he is def. capable. Much tougher competition in the MVC though. I hope he can be succesful, he was a god at the WU. His system is based on defense, so don't expect the team to ever score very much. His deal was for 3 years correct? I saw some very un-Marshall like losses on your schedule this year. Maybe it's gonna take him some time. I know he doesn't put up w/ those types of losses.

Comment

His deal was for much longer than 3 years. For some reason, 7 years sticks out in my mind.

He's doing pretty well considering we don't have a true shooter or commanding post presence.

He put together a pretty decent recruiting class given the timing of his hiring. The only real "black mark" is that Ehimen Orukpe, by no fault of his or the coaches, didn't get here from Nigeria. But it's looking promising for his arrival this month, IMO.

And all indications are that this year's recruiting class is going to be a very, very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          His deal was for much longer than 3 years. For some reason, 7 years sticks out in my mind.

He's doing pretty well considering we don't have a true shooter or commanding post presence.

He put together a pretty decent recruiting class given the timing of his hiring. The only real "black mark" is that Ehimen Orukpe, by no fault of his or the coaches, didn't get here from Nigeria. But it's looking promising for his arrival this month, IMO.

And all indications are that this year's recruiting class is going to be a very, very good one.
          7 years, well you guys have plenty of time then. Hopefully we can get a game w/ you guys at some point. Our class is shaping up as well. Peele is by far the best recruiter WU has ever had.

Comment

You are right about the Defense, If im not mistaken our oppenent hasnt scored over 70 yet, but the problem is we dont have any shooters. But i still confident we will get it figured out by the end of the year
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Re: Greetings from Winthrop.

Originally posted by wupike

Winthrop's new coach has done well so far, but man I sure do miss our Marshall! Lynn and Kellen have been to a couple games at the WU this year so I guess they still have their house in Rock Hill.

Why do I detect a lack of sincerity in this post? Royal? Do I have reason to be suspicious or am I simply rattled by current events and seeing things only through Oliver Stone eyes?

If the post is sincere, things are fine. With the hand dealt I don't how expectations could be very high. If even a few breaks could have gone our way we could be 10-3 to 12-1 instead of 7-6.

Just to emphasize our lack of returning talent, it is unlikely that more than 1 current player will be starting on next year's team. Those are the depth and talent problems we are currently facing.

Btw, Gregg, Lynn, Kellen and Maggie are all doing great, thanks.

Comment

Good answer Doc. My BS detector broke when I read this thread.

Comment

Re: Greetings from Winthrop.

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Why do I detect a lack of sincerity in this post? Royal? Do I have reason to be suspicious or am I simply rattled by current events and seeing things only through Oliver Stone eyes?

If the post is sincere, things are fine. With the hand dealt I don't how expectations could be very high. If even a few breaks could have gone our way we could be 10-3 to 12-1 instead of 7-6.

Just to emphasize our lack of returning talent, it is unlikely that more than 1 current player will be starting on next year's team. Those are the depth and talent problems we are currently facing.

Btw, Gregg, Lynn, Kellen and Maggie are all doing great, thanks.
                  I was thinking about the same thing.

Comment

I say give him the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

7 years, well you guys have plenty of time then. Hopefully we can get a game w/ you guys at some point. Our class is shaping up as well. Peele is by far the best recruiter WU has ever had.
                      Glad to hear Peele is the best ever, because if he wasn't you may harbor some bitterness toward WSU and Marshall and you may lower yourself to going on the shocker forum and acting a fool.

Comment

Not sure what you are getting at, I just wondered how you guys thought Marshall was doing that's all. Not trying to be "unsincere" or whatever your reffering too...

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town

Glad to hear Peele is the best ever, because if he wasn't you may harbor some bitterness toward WSU and Marshall and you may lower yourself to going on the shocker forum and acting a fool.
                          wow, def. not what i meant.....We love Marshall, sorry to of offended anyone by asking how everything was going.

Comment

Not sure what you are getting at, I just wondered how you guys thought Marshall was doing that's all. Not trying to be "unsincere" or whatever your reffering too...
                            dont worry man, we have a lot of weirdo's on this board. they always have a hunch that someone is trying to poke fun at the Shocks. Dont sweat it.
                            ________
                            HOUSE MD ADVICE
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

No worries wupike, goshocks is right, many posters on this board suffer from "little man syndrome". Coach Marshall is doing all he can here with the hand he was dealt. In my opinion the team is playing very well other than the fact that they can't put that damn ball in the basket. That will change in the future. Glad to hear everything is going well at Winthrop and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X