Wichita State vs. UCF Game Thread 2-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    The fact that we are almost mid February and we haven’t said wait until next year is a nice surprise given my mindset in October.

Yeeeeeaaaahhh buddy! This 100%. Not gonna lie. I was somewhat expecting a dumpster fire after this last offseason.

Comment

• Just win!

A win Sunday and we are firmly on the bubble. Let’s go Shox!!

Comment

• Alterique was the player of the game and he did have a good game and scored key points down the stretch. AG scored 17 points on only 10 shots plus he had 1 rebound, 2 assists and 3 turnovers.

I think Dex deserves co-player of the game. He was not quite as efficient on offense as AG scoring 16 points on 13 shots but he added 10 rebounds for a double-double plus 1 assist, no turnovers and 2 blocked shots. In addition, Dex held Mahan to 7 points on 2-11 shooting after Mahan led UCF against the Shocks in Wichita with 17 points which more or less offset Tyson's sub par scoring in this game.
        Last edited by Kung Wu; February 10, 2021, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• 1. I believe Mo passed out of the post once
          2. We should have lost, but didn't
          3. cannot let that kid go coast to coast like that
          4. UCF is really talented, but they need a PG and a coach
          5. RC4 has cooled
          6. great game by Dex, mostly
          7. RC4 played some 2G again

Comment

• Maybe Gilbert should have pre-game migraines more often. He had a really solid game. Dennis had a great 1st half and Udeze had a solid game

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              That UCF team was much better than this one.
              68 KP vs 103 KP. Better? Sure. Much better? Ehhh.

You could also say that Shocker team was much better.

21 KP vs 82 KP.

Of course this season isn’t over so the numbers aren’t final.

Comment

• Originally posted by Antoinescar View Post

KU will be in the Ncaa Tournament. We wont.
                last bracketology K Pew was a 6 seed and 4th place SMU was on the bubble. No mention of WSU.
                Phi Alpha

Comment

• Announcer said we were one of 10 teams in the country with 0 double doubles this season. Dex had the first one tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                    I will also add that may have been the best version of Dexter Dennis we’ve ever seen. Knocked down a few 3s, played excellent on-ball defense, had a great block, drove to the basket aggressively (tho I would like to see stronger finishes/dunks), and rebounded/chased the ball down like his hair was on fire.

He’s obviously had some great moments for us throughout his career, but I thought tonight was his most complete performance overall. Kudos, my king
                    That's the Dexter I was hoping we would see this year. One of the Junior leaders.

Comment

• Win 3 more conference games and the Shos will have the same number of conference wins they had last year.

Finishing 3-5 (assuming all the games are played) would put the Shox at 11-7, which was the record last year.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's the Dexter I was hoping we would see this year. One of the Junior leaders.
                        Yep same here, pretty encouraging performance all around. He puts so much pressure on the defense when he drives aggressively like he did tonight. He just needs to realize he’s a superhuman and start tomahawking on dudes that jump with him.

A lot of times we try to dodge or evade contact at the rim when we go up to finish, which I think is an area for improvement tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

68 KP vs 103 KP. Better? Sure. Much better? Ehhh.

You could also say that Shocker team was much better.

21 KP vs 82 KP.

Of course this season isn’t over so the numbers aren’t final.
                          If 4th place SMU is a bubble team then tied for 1st WSU is a solid tourney team....12-4, who would have thought. But will we get the same respect that we got when Marshall was here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                            Tyson 1 for 8 and we win on the road. I'll take it!
                            Tyson got doubled teamed alot in this game. I expect he will see more of that and some face guarding too. Proud of how the guys competed. Need to finish better at the rim. We have to make layups with contact. But its a road win and they are hard regardless of what league you play in and the other team record.

WHEN WILL THE SHOCKS STOP FOULING PLAYERS GOING TO THE CUP WITH A 4 POINT LEAD WITH LESS THAN 30 SECONDS IN THE GAME? It has happen 3 times. Not sure I would let Tre Wade pass the ball in with the game on the line. I go with Craig Porter. Go Shocks

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Win 3 more conference games and the Shos will have the same number of conference wins they had last year.

Finishing 3-5 (assuming all the games are played) would put the Shox at 11-7, which was the record last year.
                              How do the trans in the league compare from last year to this year?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This team has frustrated the crap outta me. At this point, I think we’re just a team that’s not very good fundamentally but our guys know how to win ugly. We’ve lost to the best teams we’ve played and beat the teams we should (although you could argue we’re playing above our predicted finish). If we are gonna make some noise, we need to beat SMU at least once plus Memphis.

as for game play, it’s clear that teams are not gonna give Tyson an inch. I thought the strategy tonight was pretty good to get the ball in the paint and of course we gotta have other guys step up - tonight it was Dex and AG, we need more of that. Tyson just needs to keep looking for his shot but don’t force it and let his teammates step up.

Comment

Working...
                                X