RIP, Lew Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Lew Hill

https://thespun.com/college-hoops/le...ege-basketball.

RIP to Lew HIll. Great player under Fogler, always a class act.
    Dominance is a state of mind.

Very sad to see this. Lew was a class act at WSU and a good coach. RIP Lew.

Comment

Very sad indeed. Much too young to leave us. May he rest in peace and may his family have peace.

Comment

Terrible. I read somewhere he was battling CoVid along with having underlying health issues.

Comment

Uuuugh
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Terrible news

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
              https://thespun.com/college-hoops/le...ege-basketball.

RIP to Lew HIll. Great player under Fogler, always a class act.
              He played for both Gene and Folger. Another very good player that Gene recruited and played for him his junior year. I'll not give Fast Eddie any undeserved credit.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

He played for both Gene and Folger. Another very good player that Gene recruited and played for him his junior year. I'll not give Fast Eddie any undeserved credit.
                Huh unh. Definitely a Gene recruit, as were all of Foglers best players. He (fogler) then left us with the Vanilla Gorilla Bookends Darren Dugger and Phil Mendleson... And then had the pomposity to give us Cohen (no offense to Cohen by the way) to coach them.

Much respect to Lew Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Huh unh. Definitely a Gene recruit, as were all of Foglers best players. He (fogler) then left us with the Vanilla Gorilla Bookends Darren Dugger and Phil Mendleson... And then had the pomposity to give us Cohen (no offense to Cohen by the way) to coach them.

Much respect to Lew Hill.
                  In fairness, he did recruit and leave John Cooper and Paul Guffrovich, but, yes, left the cupboard much less full than he found it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

In fairness, he did recruit and leave John Cooper and Paul Guffrovich, but, yes, left the cupboard much less full than he found it.
                    I'm by no means looking for a flame war on such a somber thread, but he benched Griffin for his recruit Guff. How'd that work out (that's rhetorical)?

Comment

I'm by no means looking for a flame war on such a somber thread, but he benched Griffin for his recruit Guff. How'd that work out (that's rhetorical)?
                      What flame war?????????

Comment

You nailed it. And I heard he was trying to force Lewis out until other loyal supporters spoke up. I never liked Fogler. He was another spoiled self entitled coach with silver spoon mentality. Rest in piece big Lew.

Comment

Didn't know this but Lew was an assistant for four years at ECU with Joe Dooley from 1994-98.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

You nailed it. And I heard he was trying to force Lewis out until other loyal supporters spoke up. I never liked Fogler. He was another spoiled self entitled coach with silver spoon mentality. Rest in piece big Lew.
                            I'm surprised in the least.

Fogler was a arrogant dipsh** from the East coast who probably would rather not have had to deal with Jucos' like Lew (because respectable tarheels don't bother).
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 8, 2021, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised in the least.

Fogler was a arrogant dipsh** from the East coast who probably would rather not have had to deal with Jucos' like Lew (because respectable tarheels don't bother).
                              Bingo You are right. I forgot all about the notion he had that some how juco players were beneath him.

Comment

Working...
                              X