Wichita State vs. Temple Game Thread 2-7-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

I thought Trey might have been chosen as well. His best game this year. For all the complaints about the game last night we had 4 guys in double figures for scoring and only had 9 turnovers. Mo had 7 rebounds. I watched the game last night after I got home. I thought we played pretty well. We did have some early 3s by Monzy and Rickey but the guys continue to find a way to win.
    To me it really comes down to figuring out a way to rebound better, improve PnR defense, and not falling asleep on defense a handful of times per game. If we can do those things I think we would start seeing more comfortable victories and an improved chance to win one or both of the remaining Q1 games on the schedule.

We had a seven point and an eight point lead in the second half. As we’ve done most all year, instead of expanding on those leads and finishing strong we tend to not only allow the other team to cut the lead but to do so very quickly.

Until we start consistently doing the little things for 40 minutes we’re going to leave ourselves vulnerable to losing these close games where we let the other team hang around.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Very disappointed you can’t post comments on that page. That would have been some good fun.
      If you're on twitter, you can reply to their tweet at https://twitter.com/EOPsports/status...00196054220807 - according to them we're the Witcha Eagles

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Good win... but to me it looks a little to much like street ball.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

If you're on twitter, you can reply to their tweet at https://twitter.com/EOPsports/status...00196054220807 - according to them we're the Witcha Eagles

Pathetic. How much effort does it take to get the opponent’s name correct. World class college education in action.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            Good win... but to me it looks a little to much like street ball.
            Definitely.

WSU's 'motion' needs a lotta' work. Like last year, and the year before that, they just aren't that hard to guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Definitely.

WSU's 'motion' needs a lotta' work. Like last year, and the year before that, they just aren't that hard to guard.
              Temple's guys moved more quickly and their passes were more crisp.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                Pretty sad that Temple has become our "rival". We should be sitting at the adult table instead.
                Better than ISUr though...
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Better than ISUr though...
                  Damn Straight

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Whoa! Does this mean WSU accepted my proposal to change our mascot to the Flaming Eagles?!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Whoa! Does this mean WSU accepted my proposal to change our mascot to the Flaming Eagles?!
                      Only 1976 has that kind of sway with the athletic department.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Only 1976 has that kind of sway with the athletic department.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                          Good win... but to me it looks a little to much like street ball.
                          It did, but for a reason. IB said in postgame that they couldn't run a lot of their half-court sets when Mo got in foul trouble because Isaiah is the only other player who plays the 5. Backing that up, Mo was +10 in his 24 minutes -- but he was the only Shocker above +3. With a fraction of the offense running, we were forced to go pure motion, leading to a lot of "creative" plays. It was unavoidable -- but IBPC's absence hurt our offense in this game.
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• We play a lot of free lancing offense this year, whether we have Poor Bear or not. There are few reversals from one side of the court, very few passes, etc. we do a lot of one pass and a 3 point shot early in the clock this year

Comment

• IF MU ever learned to pass out of the post, the offense would work a lot better. Drives me insane when he refuses to give the ball up. He's taking a shot (or turning the ball over) no matter what. There is almost always an open player on the wing or top of the key. The opponents know they can double him and don't have to worry about him passing to the open man.

In general, I thought yesterday's game had a lot of selfish play. Seemed like many were just interested in getting their shot for some reason. Hope that is not a trend.

Comment

• Lot's of negativity on here after a win. Winning conference games is really tough! Everyone knows your tendencies and your weaknesses. Especially this year when there really is no home court advantage to speak of. The Shox are still 11-4 overall and 7-2 in conference. Personally better than I thought they would be at this point. UH and Memphis lost to Tulsa twice! SMU lost to Cincy. What are the Shox bad conference losses thus far? Have the games been close? Yes. Has rebounding been bad? Yes. But this team has found ways to win and good teams have to do that, especially in conference.

Stay the course. Don't get too high or too low. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X