I don't understand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand...

I don't understand how an Illinois State team with a freshly fired coach and a freshly hired NEWB coach walks into our building and beats us...

I don't understand how a mostly dormant program such as Illinois State with little money, little fanbase, and an absolutely horrible win/loss record over the last several years has more talent on their roster than a top program like Wichita State with all the money, facilities, and fan support in the world...

I don't understand why we would ever lose to Drake and how they would ever have players that could compete with ours...

I don't understand how we could lose to a 2 and 8 Monmouth team...

I don't understand how we could lose to UMKC even if we only had 6 players eligible...

I don't understand how, with only a handful of seconds remaining, Gal lollygags the ball up the court and no screens are set for J.T. and nothing but a prayer by Gal is sent to the basket. Is that really what our coach wrote up at the time-out?...

I don't understand how a first-team Juco All-American forgets how to play basketball when he signs with the Shockers.

I don't understand how a 3-star "Gatorade Player of the Year" forgets how to play basketball when he signs with the Shockers.

I don't understand why the #1 European player under 18, with Big East scholarships offered, and a reputed 4 star rating, can't figure out how to become even a remotely comparable point guard to a little kid from Belton, Texas that wasn't even recruited by a D1 school.

I don't understand how every time we need a big-time stop and the fans are all up around the arena screaming, that some moron always drills a three to shut the whole building down...

I don't understand how every team comes into our building and plays like it is their last game on earth...

I don't understand how a team that is supposedly strong in the classroom can't learn how to play a new system after four months of study and practice.

I don't understand, considering all that we have to offer coaches, players, etc. that we don't absolutely dominate this small-time conference year in and year out.

I don't understand while watching Tad Boyle and his team up in Northern Colorado U. on the BIG SKY NEWTORK, how his team could look MUCH better than ours.

I don't understand how Tad Boyle's Northern Colorado University has a football team and ours doesn't...

I DO understand, now, why Mark Turgeon would laugh himself to sleep at night when he checks goshockers.com...

T

...8)

I am sure Tennessee, LSU, Seton Hall, Syracuse and the countless other "BSC" teams that we have beaten are thinkinig the same thing. GET OVER IT. We need to respect all of our opponenets and not just the big name ones.
    ________
    GROWING MARIJUANA
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I don't understand how we shoot so badly yet still stay in these games.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

1) They scored more points then we did.
        2) Better recruiting.
        3) Better recruiting, they scored more points then we did.
        4) They scored more points then we did.
        5) They scored more points then we did.
        6) If he rushes the ball up, then he has some time to kill so they don't get it back with 10+ seconds. If he rushes up and takes a quick shot and misses, people say omg, he rushed the shot. Amazingly enough, teams play some pretty good D when the game is on the line.
        7) I didn't see any players on the court looking at the basketball like it was alien technology.
        8) I didn't see any players on the court looking at the basketball like it was alien technology.
        9) He is a Sophmore, the little kid from Belton is a senior. He also had to learn a new playing style and a new language last year and now has to learn yet another new playing style. Also, when he does run point and his team doesn't back him up, he gets yelled at by the home fans. Hell, he was getting yelled at by the home fans before that.
        10) That is what they practice to do, and when we have had our good games (see Syracuse last year) we did the same thing. It is called Basketball.
        11) I asked this question in another way, I'd suggest checking out that thread for some great answers from others in regards to that.
        12) Seems to me they are playing in the new system, but showing signs of it being in a new system.
        13) It isn't a small-time conference. Like most problems in life, you can't just throw money at it. There is much more to it than that, and some of it is just luck. Bad luck in injuries really hurt last year. Bad luck in off the court issues hurt last year. Bad luck that Matty B hit his head and was out this game.
        14) Second year coached teams often look better. Also looks can be deceiving.
        15) Money
        16) He doesn't check goshockers.com

Now, check yourself before you wreck yourself. You should very well understand all of the above without me having to explain it to you. These are very SIMPLE issues and they are all part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
          Defense

Comment

Small time conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
              Originally posted by wu_shizzle
              Defense
              Yeh, I kinda figured that...

I didn't think the nachos were too bad tonight, but I normally cover them in jalapeños.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Rosewood you are almost too smart for this forum. I'm too lazy to respond to "I don't understand" comments. Thanks for doing it for me.

Comment

My questions are rhetorical and mostly designed to relieve my stress and others who think similiarly. Your simple answers are cute but certainly a feeble attempt if serious. Some of the exasperations I relay are reflective of the profundity we suffer from.

T

...8)

Comment

In a medium that lacks communication cues (such as non-verbal indicators in body language), I feel that rhetorical questions should be prefixed as such if not just forgotten about all together. It seems rather pointless to post rhetorical questions, even when they aren't phrased in the form of a question, on a discussion forum. (Your statements were interrogatory in nature, and you yourself later called them questions.)

The problem is that too many people think these things similarly when the answers are right in front of you if you look. Simple answers work well because they show how silly the initial thoughts were. What appears to you to be feeble is actually my way of saying you are over thinking this whole thing.

I hate to call you out on the use of profundity. That means great depth, or something profound. The shockers themselves nor shocker fans suffer from anything related to depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
                      In a medium that lacks communication cues (such as non-verbal indicators in body language), I feel that rhetorical questions should be prefixed as such if not just forgotten about all together. It seems rather pointless to post rhetorical questions, even when they aren't phrased in the form of a question, on a discussion forum. (Your statements were interrogatory in nature, and you yourself later called them questions.)

The problem is that too many people think these things similarly when the answers are right in front of you if you look. Simple answers work well because they show how silly the initial thoughts were. What appears to you to be feeble is actually my way of saying you are over thinking this whole thing.

I hate to call you out on the use of profundity. That means great depth, or something profound. The shockers themselves nor shocker fans suffer from anything related to depth.
                      In a medium that lacks communication cues (such as non-verbal indicators in body language), I feel that rhetorical questions should be prefixed as such if not just forgotten about all together.
                      I'll keep that in mind boss!

It seems rather pointless to post rhetorical questions, even when they aren't phrased in the form of a question, on a discussion forum.
                      Pointless? Isn't the very act of posting in a forum pointless? My intention, as already explained, was to relieve the tension of these seemingly "simple" problems that I as well as many thousands of other fans suffer from each and every time they resurface.

I hate to call you out on the use of profundity.
                      Well you would have been best served to listen to that "internal warning" of yours. My use of the word refers to its definitional context of "deep matters" and "abyss".

Silly? You call my thoughts silly? hahahahha

Who are you? :whistle:

Your simple answers show your complete lack of understanding of my intention for creating the thread in the first place.

T

...8)

Comment

It's a great day when short-timers come into a forum addressing me like I am a blue-hatted newb. Maybe I should add that to my list of things I don't understand... lol

*sigh*

T

...8)

Comment

Awesome questions Cold. :good:
                          (Much appreciated because I was asking the same questions while watching the games on ShockerVision).

But...me thinks Rosewood is smart. Perhaps even a "wise" man. lol

The answer(s) has to be somewhere in the middle.

Please continue discussing.... :clap:

If I had to add one thing to this topic is that WSU is still in a SERIOUS "adjustment" period. And will be all year. MT was a totally different coach who recruited totally different players from what GM usually recruits.

Here's the difference IMO...

MT = Conservative (Cerebral players needed - not necessarily instinctive)
                          GM = Not Conservative (Instinctive players needed - not necessarily cerebral)

In other words...different offensive philoshophies. Hence...lack of points this season as players adjust to different system. Question is...can they adjust? Or are the current players unavailable to learn/play Marshalls game???
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Re: I don't understand...

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded

I don't understand why the #1 European player under 18, with Big East scholarships offered, and a reputed 4 star rating, can't figure out how to become even a remotely comparable point guard to a little kid from Belton, Texas that wasn't even recruited by a D1 school.

...8)

Yea even though gal has had less turnovers than matt int he last few games.
                            nothing against matt.
                            but i am Freaking sick of all the negative shocker fans blaming gal for our loses.

Yelling at him to get up court.
                            when matt uses all 10 seconds every posession.
                            Its absolutely rediculous how much of turncoats shocker fans can be.
                            And it was that and not a loss that had me so angry tonight.
                            "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                            CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

I don't understand why if Gal hits the 3 at the end of the game they are playing overtime in front of maybe 4k people...

Comment

Working...
                              X