• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Def Reb % - 77.8
    Tulane Def Reb % - 76.5

WSU Off Reb % - 23.5
    Tulane Off Reb % - 22.2

WSU +1.3

Still not great considering Tulane isn’t a good rebounding team (271). I thought we were on our way to a dominant performance but we really let up down the stretch.

Shockm I had to update my original calcs because I got the numbers wrong but this was posted last night.
    Last edited by pie n eye; February 4, 2021, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• Oh. It's funny stuff sitting around at the game with so few people and everyone's face covered. Lots of chatter from folks about the play on the court. And you can hear every word. It's freaking hysterical.

Comment

• Our big men just need to be more decisive with what they wanna do. They appear to get the ball in great position sometimes, but then just stop and wait for the defenders to collapse on them.

Get the ball and take it to the rim!! Stop dribbling the ball and crouching down. That's where the problem starts, IMO
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• This team is just hard to figure. Last three games have been terrible, below average and below average yet here we
          are at 10-4 and tied for first in the league. We are a below average rebounding team, a below average shooting
          team and still tied for first. Gave up 48 points in the 2nd half tonight. We are very average at center and PF and
          below average offensively at the SF spot. We don't have players that penetrate very often. Play like they have the
          past three games and we will lose all three to SMU/Houston plus a couple more. Very disappointed that JB is not
          playing some. Would hate to lose the big fellow but who could blame him? I sense our season is going to blow up
          on us after the next home game which we should win. Hoping for a big crow dinner for saying that but I just don't
          think we are as good as our record. Prove me wrong Shocks, prove me wrong...........please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I dont think being visibly relieved to end up with a win is some statement that they aren't capable of beating teams better than Tulane. A 10-4 (6-2) team that's in sole possession of 2nd place of the AAC ....

Just because they aren't visibly getting ripped on the sideline or don't look like they hate their lives if they don't play perfect or the coach doesn't throw a temper tantrum tossing chairs to get to the locker room doesn't mean they aren't taking improvement serious.

Apologist extraordinaire. No it’s the weak play that might mean they aren’t taking improvement serious. You’re like the chick that says “does this dress make my ass look fat?” And her husband says: “no, it’s your fat ass that makes your ass look fat.”

Comment

• I bet if FHCGM watched the last 8 minutes he puked on his shoes

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Apologist extraordinaire. No it’s the weak play that might mean they aren’t taking improvement serious. You’re like the chick that says “does this dress make my ass look fat?” And her husband says: “no, it’s your fat ass that makes your ass look fat.”
                You are dumb

That is all

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

What does that even mean????

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    I bet if FHCGM watched the last 8 minutes he puked on his shoes
                    Not sure he puked on his shoes but I’m betting the house that he watched.

Comment

• Winning ugly. That will not hold up for much longer. IMO this team seems to be confused at what to do many times and undisciplined on many occasions. Set plays are not generally bring the ball up make two passes and shoot a three. I realize our post play is lacking, would like to see JB more, put we need to at least try to get it inside at times. What happened to our plays where a player would backdoor or pop open around a screen. Maybe I'm missing it but no longer see our guards calling out what play to run when coming down to start the offense. Just too much standing around and that falls back on the Coach. I am not for or against IB but this team is lacking leadership. Also, don't like players talking back at Coach on floor, they should be benched for awhile.

Comment

• I’m trying to understand the critics of IB:

-He didn’t initiate a coup to overthrow our former coach
                        -He is still close with our former coach
                        -He did not ask for this job, nor was it in the best interest of anybody for him to turn it down once FHCGM resigned
                        -For those of you deathly afraid he will be the permanent head coach, wins and losses are only part of what goes into that decision, so you can root for him.
                        -In a league where most coaches have coached over 400 games, he has coached fourteen. Wouldn’t you think he may have some things to improve on?
                        -Finally if you just like sniping at those who defend him, understand most of those people are not 100% behind him to be our permanent coach, but are 100% behind defending him because there is no way in hell anybody on this board could handle this mess better than him.

That is f’ing all.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          I’m trying to understand the critics of IB:

-He didn’t initiate a coup to overthrow our former coach
                          -He is still close with our former coach
                          -He did not ask for this job, nor was it in the best interest of anybody for him to turn it down once FHCGM resigned
                          -For those of you deathly afraid he will be the permanent head coach, wins and losses are only part of what goes into that decision, so you can root for him.
                          -In a league where most coaches have coached over 400 games, he has coached fourteen. Wouldn’t you think he may have some things to improve on?
                          -Finally if you just like sniping at those who defend him, understand most of those people are not 100% behind him to be our permanent coach, but are 100% behind defending him because there is no way in hell anybody on this board could handle this mess better than him.

That is f’ing all.
                          Who has sniped at IB? You are just being emotional. The team's play is what is being criticized. He is the current guy auditioning for the job, so I guess it appears that this is directed at him, but it really isn't. You think they are playing great or at least very good, so you disagree.

I might add that I didn't mind how we played early in the year and the losses against OSU and Mizzou. They were against good teams and we had reasons to not be as good as I thought we would be. I thought that South Florida was a decent win (despite -11 rebounds). But against Memphis, we were just ill prepared against a team that isn't as good as OSU and Mizzou, and I was disillusioned, and following that game we have been lucky, hanging on, but not playing really good. But nothing against IB.
                          Last edited by Shockm; February 4, 2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Who has sniped at IB? You are just being emotional. The team's play is what is being criticized. He is the current guy auditioning for the job, so I guess it appears that this is directed at him, but it really isn't. You think they are playing great or at least very good, so you disagree.
                            It may not be stated , but it is ALWAYS close to the surface....I don't get it either...this love affair of JANS OR BUST is crazy...what IF IB is the guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Everything you said is fiction. Since I don’t have all day to cut and paste quotes from members of this board, people can believe you or I.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

It may not be stated , but it is ALWAYS close to the surface....I don't get it either...this love affair of JANS OR BUST is crazy...what IF IB is the guy?
                                I'd accept others. If it was me, I'd take a shot and ask Forbes of his possible interest, even though it probably isn't a high possibility (although being 14th out of 15 as the floor, and perhaps a ceiling of 7th or so in the ACC might not be a dream job either). I'd see what else is out there too, but I don't see IB, at this time being the right man for the job to take us where we want to go (at least I think we want to go high).

Comment

Working...
                                X