Rebounding Huge Weakness-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Yes. I was looking at the wrong line. It was very late last night. :)
    I know what you mean. I couldn’t sleep for hours. Didn’t take my blood pressure, as I didn’t want to wreck the device.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Notice that no one had more than 6. These guys need to r bound as a team. Tons of long athleticism, but not much height. Box out and grab the ball!
      But they are capable of being a good rebounding team. To outrebound Houston by 2 rebounds shows that. Houston is relentless on the boards and we competed even with them and maybe a little better. Taylor wrote an article in the newpaper about how IB did that. I want that IB to be our coach, not the IB in the South Florida game (-11), Temple (-4), need I go on?

The team that showed up last night would be at least a Top 35% rebounding team, out of 350 teams, in the Top 100 or so.

Comment

• Maybe this young team is just now figuring out how to play. Morris doesn’t need to score 15 a night as much as he needs to rebound and block shots like last night. Tyson will always be the focus so Dex and AG are realizing they need to take on more load to relieve some of the pressure off Tyson. Trey and Jackson need to get more involved by pulling down rebounds and boxing out every freakin time. Poor Bear and Ricky need to be sparks off the bench as well. Play tough and take smart shots when they’re open. If the guys would just do these things every game, we can really make some noise.

Comment

But they are capable of being a good rebounding team. To outrebound Houston by 2 rebounds shows that. Houston is relentless on the boards and we competed even with them and maybe a little better. Taylor wrote an article in the newpaper about how IB did that. I want that IB to be our coach, not the IB in the South Florida game (-11), Temple (-4), need I go on?

The team that showed up last night would be at least a Top 35% rebounding team, out of 350 teams, in the Top 100 or so.
          Coach Brown is growing as a head coach just like the team is learning to play harder and smarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post

Coach Brown is growing as a head coach just like the team is learning to play harder and smarter.
            Last night was the first night I’ve felt we played to our potential. If we had done that against a Temple, and Tulane, we’d have won by 15 points at least. Hopefully, we do it again. I’m rooting for it.

Comment

• The bad - Defensive rebound rate vs Houston was 57.1%. So, Houston was able to grab their missed shots at a higher rate than their season average (40.4%).

The GREAT - Our offensive rebound rate was a ridiculously high 45.5%!

No matter what rebounding stat you like we won the battle of the boards against an amazing offensive rebounding team who is allowed to push and jump on backs at will in their pursuit of loose balls. Rebound margin? We win 35-33. Rebound rate? We win by 2.6%.

I hope it’s a light bulb moment for the team that shows them what they are capable of.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Imagine what we could do the rest of the season if we play with that kind of effort and intensity from here on out.

I have all the respect in the world for Houston. Those guys play so hard on every possession. It is a freaking battle to take them down.

Hopefully we can take that lesson ALONG WITH THE WIN and carry it forward the rest of the year.
                Half the the team may foul out. But I agree.

Comment

• WSU Def Reb Rate - 82.4%
                  WSU Off Reb Rate - 34.1%
                  Total Rebound Rate Margin - +16.5%

We continue to be an above average offensive rebounding team and this was by far our best performance on the defensive boards. First game all year we’ve been above 80%.

The year long emphasis and focus on rebounding by the coaching staff seems like it is paying off right when we need it the most.

Comment

WSU Def Reb Rate - 82.4%
                    WSU Off Reb Rate - 34.1%
                    Total Rebound Rate Margin - +16.5%

We continue to be an above average offensive rebounding team and this was by far our best performance on the defensive boards. First game all year we’ve been above 80%.

The year long emphasis and focus on rebounding by the coaching staff seems like it is paying off right when we need it the most.
                    Hope it continues. DD has really stepped up his game in going and getting that ball. Others have too. Keep grinding shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Hope it continues. DD has really stepped up his game in going and getting that ball. Others have too. Keep grinding shocks.
                      In the last four games Dexter is averaging 8 boards and Mo 6.5. Mo has tipped out or been involved in several more that he might not have got credit for.

Their energy on the boards has been really good.

Comment

• Our rebounding has vastly improved in the last few weeks. Probably due to Coach IB monitoring SN for advice.
                        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

In the last four games Dexter is averaging 8 boards and Mo 6.5. Mo has tipped out or been involved in several more that he might not have got credit for.

Their energy on the boards has been really good.
                          The last few games, we've been good to really good. Tulane isn't a good rebounding team, and we have out rebounded them both times we've played them, but this time by 9 on the road is a real improvement, and a bright spot heading into the last game and league tournament. As you said, Dex and Mo have stepped it up. Since Mo is shorter, and not springy, his effort to use his long arms and girth to keep the ball alive, even if he can't get it, is important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                            Our rebounding has vastly improved in the last few weeks. Probably due to Coach IB monitoring SN for advice.
                            The Tulane announcers made it sound like we had 2-3 first team AA’s...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

The last few games, we've been good to really good. Tulane isn't a good rebounding team, and we have out rebounded them both times we've played them, but this time by 9 on the road is a real improvement, and a bright spot heading into the last game and league tournament. As you said, Dex and Mo have stepped it up. Since Mo is shorter, and not springy, his effort to use his long arms and girth to keep the ball alive, even if he can't get it, is important.
                              ron hunter has said that rebounding doesn't matter. 'hard to believe that he has been as successful as he has.

hey, shockers get the win. it weren't easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
                                Our rebounding has vastly improved in the last few weeks. Probably due to Coach IB monitoring SN for advice.
                                Yeah, but he must have heard me posting that the offense could play a little better too... They've been working on it in practice.

Now all we need is someone to start a thread titled Why Haven't the Shocks Signed Another Xavier McDaniel?

Comment

Working...
                                X