Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruiting Misses Over The Last Few Seasons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    Originally posted by McShocker
    WP is a miss. Hate to say it because he seems to be a good kid and puts out a lot of effort, but he is not a good D1 player.

- He was so unrecruited that we didn't even sign him, he just showed up.
    Source?

Wendell was recruited in the Spring after Adam Liberty transferred. He had planned to attend prep school to increase his recruiting visablity but had been recruited by Evansville, Jacksonville State, Georgetown, Louisiana-Lafayette, Texas-San Antonio, UMass and Lamar.
    How many offers?

Bottom line, he didn't sign a LOI with us or anybody else. That usually means there is not a lot of interest.

He is a steady defender. Nothing more. He is NOT a lock-down defender and offensively he is a liability.

IMO, he is a miss. I cannot say that he has performed below my expectations, however, because I doubted whether he was good enough to be here in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
      Calvin Walls needs to be added.

I also have a bad feeling that there are a couple more on the current roster who haven't been named that will fall into this category as well. If you are getting less pt in games than a walk-on, or are the option after a walk-on, you're probably gonna fit into this category.

Calvin would have graduated last year had he stayed. But he could have helped us last year, no doubt.

Comment

Aaron Hogg was a definate hit, in fact, more of a hit than we expected.

And this could cause a long discussion on whether Fridge was a hit or miss?

Comment

Fridge was not a miss, find a shocker in the last 25 years who can come close to his offensive production (stats)... It takes 2.5 current shockers to equal his assists per game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            Aaron Hogg was a definate hit, in fact, more of a hit than we expected.
            Well, according to the TC, Aaron Hogg would be a miss, seeing as how he didn't start.

Comment

Hogg is questionable, as he played more minutes than a couple of starters, and did start about 10 games over his career. Holman played one year as a Shocker and started. Definately a hit. Wise would be the other guy that never started that I would argue is not a miss.

Mijajlovic, Keith Wooden, and that other Kansas Big. Ended up at Notre Dame I belive. They were all misses.
              Livin the dream

Comment

I think a player like Hogg was a "make" - Most Juco transfers are recruited to fill a spot. When he came in there were established 3s & 4s within the program and yet he still managed to produce.

it seems like the list is a little long when you compare it with the records, facilities, and overall upswing of WSU/MVC. Is the problem a result of talent evaluation, missing on bigger prized recruits, or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
                  and that other Kansas Big. Ended up at Notre Dame I belive.
                  Dennis Lattimore

Comment

Working...
                  X