Wichita State vs. Memphis Game Thread 1-21-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Except it hardly ever goes in. And he is shows no signs of getting any better.
    Is there something about his form you would correct or something?

I mean yeah the kids strung together a couple of lackluster shooting performances but every shot he took tonight was a shot he should be taking. It always looks good coming off his hand.

This is a kid that shot 40% from 3 as a freshman, and last year he shot the cover off the ball to win the smu game for us. Sooo not like he shouldn’t be shooting.

Comment

• Porter was far from good. He has no confidence in a wide open 10 foot shot. That’s not a good sign. Turning down open 10 footers to drive into 2 guys followed by an out of control flip to the rim is not smart basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
        Certainly says something when your two best players on the floor tonight were Freshman. RC4, CP.
        Porter is a junior

Comment

• That maybe, maybe...DD,TE and AG should not have been on the court nearly as much due to lack if productivity. Those three were somewhere else. That’s what it says.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Porter is a junior
            Ok, well...how about first year players?

Comment

• Very poor paint defense ( MU and TW ) early in the 2nd half.
              Not going to beat many teams with 2-23 threes
              Only 7 assists ! No ball movement or moving without the ball
              AG was not the problem. TE, DD, TW...............ugh and MU's defense.........ugh
              This won't look good on IB's resume. Can't have ANY more games like this
              More Poor Bear and RC

Comment

• Poor game plan, best offense was just running down the floor to the rim. If we stop to pass the ball there was no rhythm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Porter was far from good. He has no confidence in a wide open 10 foot shot. That’s not a good sign. Turning down open 10 footers to drive into 2 guys followed by an out of control flip to the rim is not smart basketball.
                  Good point on the 10 foot shots. The reason Tulsa gives Memphis problems is that their guards to not drive into 5he trees to get their shots blocked. They take the 10 foot shots out of the reach of Memphis big men. And I bet Memphis shot its best percentage from 3pointers against the shocks tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Is there something about his form you would correct or something?
                    I don't care what form he uses to shoot if he make them.

I mean yeah the kids strung together a couple of lackluster shooting performances but every shot he took tonight was a shot he should be taking. It always looks good coming off his hand.

This is a kid that shot 40% from 3 as a freshman, and last year he shot the cover off the ball to win the smu game for us. Sooo not like he shouldn’t be shooting.
                    His season has been lackluster 25% from 3, 33% from 2. Plus he is becoming a turnover machine.

He doesn't have a confidence inducing trend with his 3pt shooting.

Frosh - 40%
                    Sop - 33%
                    Jr - 25%

Comment

His season has been lackluster 25% from 3, 33% from 2. Plus he is becoming a turnover machine.

Frosh - 40%
                      Sop - 33%
                      Jr - 25%
                      He needs to get in the gym and shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, Stop listening to these clowns 5hat says he is going to go pro. A player can improve if he put the hard work in. Granted normally the summer is when you can do this. But some adjustment needs to be made during 5he season. Get in the gym and shoot, shoot,shoot.
                      Last edited by TheShocktocles; January 21, 2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Frosh - 40%
                        Sop - 33%
                        Jr - 25%
                        I still want him shooting when he’s open. I guess we can all agree we’d like him to shoot better. But I’m hoping he’ll come around. He’s proven he can do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                          That maybe, maybe...DD,TE and AG should not have been on the court nearly as much due to lack if productivity. Those three were somewhere else. That’s what it says.
                          Dexter is our best defender, Tyson is arguably our best player, Gilbert is our best PG (although none of them were very good tonight).

Ricky played 23 minutes. I could see an argument he should
                          play more but I didn’t see anyone else make a case for taking minutes from Gilbert or Etienne.

Comment

• Wow.....it’s ONE game!!!!
                            the Chiefs lost to the Raiders at home
                            undefeated Michigan lost by 25 at Minnesota
                            relax

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              Wow.....it’s ONE game!!!!
                              the Chiefs lost to the Raiders at home
                              undefeated Michigan lost by 25 at Minnesota
                              relax
                              Emotional intelligence is not a strength of this board during a loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Emotional intelligence is not a strength of this board during a loss.
                                Awesome you feel that way...not. Where else can fans who experienced a humiliating loss in front of a national audience voice their opinions and frustrations?
                                When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Working...
                                X