No announcement yet.

2021 Top 25 Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact Duke is getting more votes than WSU is media bias at its finest.
    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Does this mean they slip to the 3 seed?

Comment

ESPN might want to consider a little "re-tooling" of their BPI. Now, I fulling admit, I have no idea what it actually represents. WSU comes in at #105.

Other notables ahead of WSU: #8 Houston, #27 Loyola, #48 Missouri, #58 Ole Miss, #62 Okie St, # 74 Bradley, #88 Tulsa, #91 Grand Canyon, #98 Iowa St, #100 Cincy (and of course UK, UNC, and Dook).

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          ESPN might want to consider a little "re-tooling" of their BPI. Now, I fulling admit, I have no idea what it actually represents. WSU comes in at #105
          Factor 1: Is your name: Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, or UNC?

If “YES”, proceed immediately to Tier 1.

If “NO”, please complete Factors 2-37 to be considered for consideration of maybe considering being added to the Tier just below that.
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            ESPN might want to consider a little "re-tooling" of their BPI. Now, I fulling admit, I have no idea what it actually represents. WSU comes in at #105.

Other notables ahead of WSU: #8 Houston, #27 Loyola, #48 Missouri, #58 Ole Miss, #62 Okie St, # 74 Bradley, #88 Tulsa, #91 Grand Canyon, #98 Iowa St, #100 Cincy (and of course UK, UNC, and Dook).
            According to ESPN BPI, WSU was supposed to be 2-9 at this point.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

According to ESPN BPI, WSU was supposed to be 2-9 at this point.
              What, they don't bother to update wins/losses? Maybe they are justing placing teams where they think the committee will want us? Ya know, like Lunadri does.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                No votes in either poll on January 18th -

AP Top 25 - https://collegebasketball.ap.org/hometownsource/poll

Others receiving votes: Louisville 155, Colorado 148, Oklahoma St. 119, Florida St. 112, Southern Cal 74, Duke 43, Drake 42, LSU 20, Boise St. 15, Xavier 7, Belmont 5, Michigan St. 3, Winthrop 3, Toledo 2, Utah St. 1, Purdue 1.

Coaches Poll - https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/

Others receiving votes:

Louisville 84; Connecticut 82; Saint Louis 66; Southern California 58; Oklahoma State 53; Duke 36; Boise St. 28; Drake 20; Xavier 16; Louisiana State 14; Richmond 9; Michigan St 4; San Diego St. 3; Toledo 2; Belmont 2; Tulsa 1; Rutgers 1.
                Who gave Tulsa the 1 vote?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Who gave Tulsa the 1 vote?
                  Was wondering the same thing....in the coaches poll no less

Comment

The way Florida State is pounding Louisville on their home court tonight maybe those votes should have. been made for the Seminoles. I can't figure out how UCF beat them.

Comment

What I noticed was that Tulsa is still receiving votes in the polls and I believe we swept them and we’ve played a pretty decent schedule. Sitting at 8-3 isn’t two bad either

Comment

We ended up in the "Other Receiving Votes" in the AP poll and coaches poll:

AP - https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-col...asketball-poll - Tennessee is #25 with 145:

Oklahoma State 92, Belmont 80, Purdue 53, Oregon 53, LSU 32, BYU 19, Drake 19, UCLA 17, Clemson 13, Colorado 8, North Carolina 6, Wichita State 6, Boise State 5, Toledo 4, UC Santa Barbara 2, Western Kentucky 2, Winthrop 2, Xavier 2

Coaches Poll - https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaa.../coaches-poll/ - San Diego State is #25 with 96:

Missouri 83; Tennessee 74; Purdue 64; Belmont 45; Drake 22; UCLA 17; Clemson 16; Louisiana State 13; Winthrop 9; Brigham Young 9; Boise St. 8; Wichita St. 7; North Carolina 5; Connecticut 3; Seton Hall 1.

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Up to 11 votes in the AP poll without playing ....

Drake still got a Top 25 vote. Whoever did that should have their vote removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Drake still got a Top 25 vote. Whoever did that should have their vote removed.
                            Looks like a voter in Lansing, MI likes Drake still - https://collegepolltracker.com/baske...-bulldogs/2020

Dick Vitale still voting for WSU, plus a couple other guys now - https://collegepolltracker.com/baske...-shockers/2020

WSU up to 21 points in the coaches poll.
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              That W over the Coogs was big, especially when considering how UH has obliterated their competition since being beat at their own game here in Wichita. The right people are paying attention now, such as CBS's Clark Kellogg (yesterday at halftime of Hawkeyes/Buckeyes game in Columbus):

Kellogg.jpg
                              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 1, 2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Looking at the photo, I hope we start seeing coaches in suits and ties again.

IB pulls off the dapper look well.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X