Wichita State vs. Tulsa Pregame Discussion 1-13-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    I can't think of another league where fans would say, "You know what, the rules of the game are either inconsistent or aren't being enforced at all! But it's fun!!!"
    Ummm, NFL...

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      I can't think of another league where fans would say, "You know what, the rules of the game are either inconsistent or aren't being enforced at all! But it's fun!!!"
      You must not watch much NFL. Or MLB (strike zone). Or NCAA football or basketball.

I mean, I get it. Post a handful of contextless gifs (how do we know if traveling was or was not called?), laugh, and say look at that the NBA is stupid.

There are 2460 games in a regular season plus I don’t know how many in the playoffs. Shockingly, refs are not perfect. NBA players are incredibly fast and the game moves faster than it looks on TV. There are bound to be bad and missed calls, it’s the nature of the world we live in.

Usually comments like these come from people who “don’t watch the NBA” because “they don’t play defense” (wrong) or “they always travel” (wrong again). How could one possibly know that if they don’t watch the games? It’s a contradiction and it’s not even accurate.

Comment

JVShocker , if you look closely at the first of your gifs, the player with the ball does take a dribble after his first step with the ball.

Comment

Can I watch this game on TV?

Comment

Originally posted by ToxicShox View Post
            Can I watch this game on TV?
            Only on ESPN+.

Comment

Shocks win by 8.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

I really like much of HCIB's commentary about moving with and WITHOUT the ball. DD would be so much
                better if he drove the lanes more like TE and he moved without the ball more instead of standing around
                on the perimeter too much but this goes for others, as well. Our problem rebounding is mostly because we
                just don't block out well and that goes for all of our big guys. Another thing I like about the coach is he is not
                afraid to play up temp and push it up the court quickly. This game could easily go either way. If we bring
                a solid B or better game we should prevail by around the spread. An A game could make it 7-10.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  I really like much of HCIB's commentary about moving with and WITHOUT the ball. DD would be so much
                  better if he drove the lanes more like TE and he moved without the ball more instead of standing around
                  on the perimeter too much but this goes for others, as well. Our problem rebounding is mostly because we
                  just don't block out well and that goes for all of our big guys. Another thing I like about the coach is he is not
                  afraid to play up temp and push it up the court quickly. This game could easily go either way. If we bring
                  a solid B or better game we should prevail by around the spread. An A game could make it 7-10.
                  Landry Shamet was a great example of someone who moved without the ball. He was always moving within the offense to try and create an opening and get space when he didn't have the ball. He saw the floor so well. TE does the same.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

You must not watch much NFL. Or MLB (strike zone). Or NCAA football or basketball.

I mean, I get it. Post a handful of contextless gifs (how do we know if traveling was or was not called?), laugh, and say look at that the NBA is stupid.

There are 2460 games in a regular season plus I don’t know how many in the playoffs. Shockingly, refs are not perfect. NBA players are incredibly fast and the game moves faster than it looks on TV. There are bound to be bad and missed calls, it’s the nature of the world we live in.

Usually comments like these come from people who “don’t watch the NBA” because “they don’t play defense” (wrong) or “they always travel” (wrong again). How could one possibly know that if they don’t watch the games? It’s a contradiction and it’s not even accurate.
                    Sorry I don’t laugh at the Strike Zone calls. I don’t laugh at PI calls They frustrate me a little but those usually are difficult calls with a few exceptions like the NO no PI call in the playoffs last year. However, I literally LAUGH at those traveling calls. Some are 4 steps, and some 5, and some even 6. That is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Count the steps. Are 4 steps a travel?
                      I can’t count.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

What time in the afternoon does Al call in to be first every pregame show? Or do they just bump him up out of tradition?

I love it.......

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                          What time in the afternoon does Al call in to be first every pregame show? Or do they just bump him up out of tradition?

I love it.......
                          He’s motivated and takes pride in his record.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                            Back to Tulsa, one thing that will be key in evaluating IB is how we face teams the second time around. That is when it turns into a chess match.
                            First test passed!

Comment

So how did he do. Just asking a friend

Comment

Working...
                              X