X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

They do, but I feel confident in saying that day in and day out, Mo is a superior defensive option, and it's not particularly close.
    Absolutely the truth. MU is not a great rebounder by any means but IPBC is not close in either defensive rebounding or defense in general. IPBC is better skilled offensively and is probably a better offensive rebounder. Have not looked at any metrics on this, but just a feel from what I've observed. I would like to see JB at least get a short 2-3 min stint in the second half. By far the most upside in all areas, but to often not in the right place. He could be a shot blocker that the other 2 are not capable of. Speaking of which why was he trying to draw a charge instead of walling up and contesting the shot. He needs to quit watching MU on this, he is a different player.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Starting lineup should be the same. Doesn't matter who starts. Mo played 25 minutes against Cincy to 23 for RC4. I like the energy of RC4 coming off the bench.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    he needs to rebound with two hands

Leave a comment:

• ShockAzs
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    Still think IPBC has some upside...but he's got slow feet on the defensive end thus far and boxing out for rebounds is not quite in his wheelhouse yet. A little underdeveloped his first two seasons from lack of playing time.....hoping HCIB can get him there asap!!!

Go Shocks!!!
    Agreed, complete lack of playing time, let alone consistent PT his first two years.

I see flashes of good potential there. I still think if he just runs around the court with his arms outstretched, like a big effin bear, ala the classic movie Swingers by Job Favreau,...

IPBC has these claws man, these big effin claws, like a bear. And with these big effin claws you can't kill the bunny!!

If IPBC just reaches out with those claws for the ball, gets big and wide, then I think the game will really start coming together for him and us at center.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    Still think IPBC has some upside...but he's got slow feet on the defensive end thus far and boxing out for rebounds is not quite in his wheelhouse yet. A little underdeveloped his first two seasons from lack of playing time.....hoping HCIB can get him there asap!!!

Go Shocks!!!

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

They do, but I feel confident in saying that day in and day out, Mo is a superior defensive option, and it's not particularly close.
    That's also not particularly comforting

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    MU is superior in metrics, but I feel like I trust IPBC to make the right play more often.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I don’t care who starts between MU and IPBC, they both have ups and downs, but I feel like IPBC is a little better.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    I like RCIV's energy off the bench.
    The most important lineup is who is finishing up in a very close game. Matchups may even control some of that.
    Like everyone else here, I'm still wanting to hear more about the lack of more spot use of JoB throughout the game.
    I'd like more balance between AG and CP2. It was pretty good in the Cincy game. I even liked how iHCIB heard me screaming to get AG out of there at the beginning of the 2nd half.
    I really hope we do not feel the need to have to have ETN in the lineup 39 minutes a game as we did against Cincy.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post

IPBC is much bigger than he realizes. He's a really big 6'9" and could dominate like Shaq if he can figure it out.
    Yes he is big enough to be a low post presence but he hasn't developed any moves or something. He tends to pass a lot from the low post and try to face the basket more from 10-15'. He is a better athlete than MU, but he can't defend the cup like Shaq could, because he doesn't have the ups that Shaq did. Neither of those guys are shot blockers. We need to recruit one.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
    I was watching IPBC against Cincy quite a bit, and I think getting him into the flow of the offense is the most fixable thing imaginable.

The man needs to just "play big". 99% of the time he's running around with his hands down at his sides. Nobody will pass the ball to him if he's not "acting like he wants it".

Big man bball 101, flash your hands to the ball, get wide. Spread those long arms out and make your wide body KNOWN. If IPBC does that, I think he will start to flow within the offense, and we will find the big we need.
    IPBC is much bigger than he realizes. He's a really big 6'9" and could dominate like Shaq if he can figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• ShockAzs
    replied
    Starting lineup, I'do go with:

PG: AG, CP
    SG: TE, (CP plays here too), TrW
    SF: RCIV, (DD slides in when CJ comes in at PF)
    PF: DD, TW, CJ
    C: IPBC, MU, JB

I still favor experience at this point. Keep the young guys hungry, EATING minutes from the upperclassmen. With them playing hungry and demanding minutes, we will have a chance to be a well-oiled machine come post season, whatever that may be.

Leave a comment:

• ShockAzs
    replied
    I was watching IPBC against Cincy quite a bit, and I think getting him into the flow of the offense is the most fixable thing imaginable.

The man needs to just "play big". 99% of the time he's running around with his hands down at his sides. Nobody will pass the ball to him if he's not "acting like he wants it".

Big man bball 101, flash your hands to the ball, get wide. Spread those long arms out and make your wide body KNOWN. If IPBC does that, I think he will start to flow within the offense, and we will find the big we need.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    My prediction is that the starting lineup will stay the same at this time. How much one plays is much more important than who starts. AG is still one of the players looked up to as a leader. Craig will probably get more playing time and Ricky too, but they will not start yet imo. CJ giveth and at times, he taketh away. He has great energy, he's scrappy, and he is a great rebounder. I really like his scrappiness on the press (Ricky seems to flourish on the press too), and I could see us pressing teams more with those guys in the game.

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    Although I have been critical of some of the starters, I don`t think this is the time to start changing the starting lineup. We need that boost coming off the bench. Coach IB can always plug in players as needed. Good grief we got Tulsa coming to town with a 6 game winning streak and a win over Houston. Beating Tulsa should be the focus.. You know Tulsa is going to play better defense than Cincy so the shocks are going to need to up their game on Idefense too.. n my opinion performance counts and play the players the most minutes that are performing. Go Shocks.
    We don't always agree but I am with you on this. MU is hard for me to watch but now is not the time to change anything.
    I'd leave the starting line up as is as long as it is working. A couple of bad losses and I'll be ready to comment further.
    I was not impressed with Cincy but maybe they just had an off game because of our team D.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X