Starting Lineup after Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

They do, but I feel confident in saying that day in and day out, Mo is a superior defensive option, and it's not particularly close.
    That's also not particularly comforting
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Still think IPBC has some upside...but he's got slow feet on the defensive end thus far and boxing out for rebounds is not quite in his wheelhouse yet. A little underdeveloped his first two seasons from lack of playing time.....hoping HCIB can get him there asap!!!

Go Shocks!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        Still think IPBC has some upside...but he's got slow feet on the defensive end thus far and boxing out for rebounds is not quite in his wheelhouse yet. A little underdeveloped his first two seasons from lack of playing time.....hoping HCIB can get him there asap!!!

Go Shocks!!!
        Agreed, complete lack of playing time, let alone consistent PT his first two years.

I see flashes of good potential there. I still think if he just runs around the court with his arms outstretched, like a big effin bear, ala the classic movie Swingers by Job Favreau,...

IPBC has these claws man, these big effin claws, like a bear. And with these big effin claws you can't kill the bunny!!

If IPBC just reaches out with those claws for the ball, gets big and wide, then I think the game will really start coming together for him and us at center.

Comment

he needs to rebound with two hands

Comment

Starting lineup should be the same. Doesn't matter who starts. Mo played 25 minutes against Cincy to 23 for RC4. I like the energy of RC4 coming off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

They do, but I feel confident in saying that day in and day out, Mo is a superior defensive option, and it's not particularly close.
              Absolutely the truth. MU is not a great rebounder by any means but IPBC is not close in either defensive rebounding or defense in general. IPBC is better skilled offensively and is probably a better offensive rebounder. Have not looked at any metrics on this, but just a feel from what I've observed. I would like to see JB at least get a short 2-3 min stint in the second half. By far the most upside in all areas, but to often not in the right place. He could be a shot blocker that the other 2 are not capable of. Speaking of which why was he trying to draw a charge instead of walling up and contesting the shot. He needs to quit watching MU on this, he is a different player.

Comment

Working...
              X