Ricky Council IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Council IV

Now that we have a few games under our belt watching Ricky Council, the fourth of his name, it seems our coaching staff and fHCGM have found another diamond in the rough, unheralded, hungry recruit.

​​​​​He may not start this year, it's hard to take minutes from junior and senior leaders of the team, but he should love every minute he earns in such high company.

He can learn a ton from DD, AG, and TE from their experience alone. Add a year under those leaders, and he can be a part of another deep Shocker run into the post season. I am looking forward to seeing his development, because I have not seen this much raw talent, waiting to be shaped from a freshman in quite some time.

He's one of the guys who can create for himself. He's also one of the few that can elevate when he gets in the paint and still be a threat.
    Last edited by SubGod22; January 10, 2021, 09:24 PM.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

That last play in the final minute when Ricky missed a layup and went and got it and put it in tells you all what you need to know about him. He and CJ got some moxie that you can not teach. I like both of them for the future. Now we need a center 5hat can protect the rim and rebound.

Comment

Plays inside or outside, can shoot the ball from 3 or midrange, can dribble the ball in the open or in traffic, can take it to the rim and finish strong, can make highlight level dunks, defense is pretty good and getting better. What else do we need, this kid has the full tool set.

Comment

Mo Evans clone.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Here's an unexpected stat. Not complainin' - just sayin'...3FG% - 57.1%, FG% - 47.6%, FT% - 46.7% (from ESPN).

Not often you see a 6'6" guy with the speed and ball handling to go coast to coast for an uncontested dunk on a long rebound. His steal and breakaway dunk should be SCT10. Almost needed to watch that in slow motion to see how he did it. That one would have been awarded style points in a dunking contest.
            Last edited by Aargh; January 10, 2021, 10:46 PM.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Can someone put up highlight clips. I don't have access to any videos from California.
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                Here's an unexpected stat. Not complainin' - just sayin'...3FG% - 57.1%, FG% - 47.6%, FT% - 46.7% (from ESPN).

Not often you see a 6'6" guy with the speed and ball handling to go coast to coast for an uncontested dunk on a long rebound. His steal and breakaway dunk should be SCT10. Almost needed to watch that in slow motion to see how he did it. That one would have been awarded style points in a dunking contest.
                He was 7-11 tons gut and 0-4 coming in on FTs. The trend is on upward slope
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I know I posted this in the game thread but his on ball defense today was a significant improvement from the Houston game. This sounds like an old guy thing to say, but how you move your feet when you’re guarding the ball is what separates guys defensively. Trevin Wade slides his feet incredibly well which is what makes him such a dogged on ball defender. Too many guys just run next to the ball handler or alongside him, and that leads to giving up angles and penetration which generally leads to a defensive breakdown.

Ricky did such a better job today of sitting down in a low, athletic stance and sliding his feet to beat the ball handler to a spot and not give up penetration. I realize that’s not as exciting to talk about as his offensive game, but that to me showed his attention detail and desire to improve in all facets of his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Our seats are behind the basket and both my wife and I thought he missed that dunk since he slammed it through so hard. Kind of a optical illusion since the ball bounced so high after the dunk.
                    Last edited by WeWillShockU; January 11, 2021, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Plays inside or outside, can shoot the ball from 3 or midrange, can dribble the ball in the open or in traffic, can take it to the rim and finish strong, can make highlight level dunks, defense is pretty good and getting better. What else do we need, this kid has the full tool set.
                      GGG would call him a 5-tool guy...

Comment

tool kit.jpg
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

IB during the Post game show said that Ricky deserved more playing time. It will be interesting to see who that comes from. Dexter is our best on ball defender and while not this game, I still think his history has shown (UH this year), that he is capable of being one of our best 3 pt. shooters, and offensive players. Besides Dexter, and Ricky, we have 2 other players with similar skills, and have similar size to Ricky. That would be CJ, and Trey Wade. Both have had good moments too but not to the caliber of Ricky. I think that all will play, but these four guys have all had good games and not as good games. CJ and Trey have pretty much been sharing the 4 with Dexter playing it on occasion too. I wonder of Ricky could back up Tyson on occasion instead of Porter. That would mean that Craig Porter and AG would share the Point. I would think that these decisions all depend on match ups, and how these guys are playing. Yesterday, Ricky was Hot, and he stayed in the game while Wade, and Dexter traded in and out during the 2nd half. It will be interesting to watch.

Comment

RCIV may be good enough to alter our lineup and play a small ball style from game to game, allowing for a more dynamic, athletic offense.

PG: AG SG: TE
                            SF: RCIV
                            PF: DD
                            C: three headed monster in development, but I would give IPBC a nod at this point.

We saw something similar to this against Cincy. RCIV was playing well enough that his play demanded he stay in the floor.

Comment

If he starts or not, he definitely needs to be playing more
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X