X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

As you said in your previous post...one game. He is not very good.
    This might have been his best game against a D1 opponent but it’s not the only game he’s been a positive contributor. He’s had decent games against ORU, OSU, Ole Miss.

He’s nowhere near our best player and we don’t need him to be. We have two other centers (really one at the moment) who can step in when he isn’t playing well or is in foul trouble. It’s the beauty of the 3 (hopefully someday) headed monster that we’ve used since Gregg Marshall got here.

Many have made up their mind about him and it would take something miraculous to change their opinion.

He certainly frustrates me at times but he’s not as bad as that crowd wants to make him.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    Does this victory mean we're better than SMU?
    There hasn't been much doubt for several weeks that we are better than SMU.

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Made it home to Topeka from the game. The 2.5 hour drive is much more enjoyable after a win.

I so impressed with Tyson’s maturity this year. He didn’t force many bad shots even though he only had 2 points in the first half.

The coaches made great adjustments at the half. That zone really messed with Cincinnati in the 2nd half. I thought that was key to us getting a double digit lead.

Ricky is a player. Mo can make dunks. I thought Craig Porter had good minutes when Gilbert was struggling.

Good win now on to Tulsa.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    The thing I remembered about Gilbert is that when we played UCON, he always seemed to be near unstoppable driving to the basket. Maybe it was our poor defense as other teams seem to be most successful doing so also

Personally, I liked to see him drive more.
    Me too. But he seems to have the problem SHJ had his junior year. Recently the lane is always congested when he goes to the cup. Thus he gets his shot blocked too much. He can get to the cup but has got to do a better job making the decision. I will take AG every day if he is going one on one. Not so much one on two or three. Go shocks.

Leave a comment:

• 60Shock
    replied
    The thing I remembered about Gilbert is that when we played UCON, he always seemed to be near unstoppable driving to the basket. Maybe it was our poor defense as other teams seem to be most successful doing so also

Personally, I liked to see him drive more.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyShockerFan View Post
    I know that I was ragging on AG, but really my biggest complaint is efficiency. He has many tools that can help us, but has so much wasted movement.

I know that him being smaller he uses his quickness to get his defender off balance/out of position. However, many times doesn't see the help defense that has sagged off and turns the ball over or gets him in a bad position that offsets the flow of the offense.

Today he only had 1 TO, but he only had 2 assists as well...the same total as MU.

I think AG can pull it together and I think he can be an asset to our offense. AG, along with a lot of our players, need to be decisive.
    I agree with you that he can be good. I don’t know if he’s 25+ minutes good because I think a Porter can be good too. AG is quick and a good defender. He was great on offense the first game and solid the next 2 games on offense. I think he can be better than the last two games, but he needs to not try to do too much. Run the offense, take good shots, and penetrate looking for medium range shots and get assists to open TE, DD, RC4, etc. I’d like to see Craig Porter get more minutes, perhaps close to half his minutes in most games with the hot hand getting more in that game than the other.

Leave a comment:

• kcshocker11
    replied
    Second half we shined....Good win!

Leave a comment:

• ArmyShockerFan
    replied
    I know that I was ragging on AG, but really my biggest complaint is efficiency. He has many tools that can help us, but has so much wasted movement.

I know that him being smaller he uses his quickness to get his defender off balance/out of position. However, many times doesn't see the help defense that has sagged off and turns the ball over or gets him in a bad position that offsets the flow of the offense.

Today he only had 1 TO, but he only had 2 assists as well...the same total as MU.

I think AG can pull it together and I think he can be an asset to our offense. AG, along with a lot of our players, need to be decisive.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

He always brings his A game against shitty teams

Leave a comment:

• ShauXTyme
    replied
    I’m just glad HCIB is coaching the team and not 80% of the first-half posters on this board. For those who complain about IB not knowing what he’s doing (enough to be a D-1 head coach), he’s done a heck of a job at halftime adjustments all year. He also understands his personnel better than us posters, and plays them at the appropriate times. I get tired of the passive references to the previous coach and how’d he be handling things. IB’s doing just fine.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Does this victory mean we're better than SMU?

Leave a comment:

• MoValley John
    replied
    First half sucked. Shockers showed a lot in the second half. Ricky Council IV was a highlight reel, if he keeps it up, Shockers could contend for the league title, they are impressing me. I try not to comment much on these games, but Isaac Brown is making a case!

Its a little disappointing to see Cincinnati down, they should be better than what they have shown so far this season. Teams like the Bearcats need to be top half of the league every year.

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
    We suck
    Panic early to avoid the rush???

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    I’m not totally selling Gilbert stock. He’s a very experienced player that knows what to do in a variety of situations. I get the sense that he knows he can’t shoot so he probes and prods the defense trying to find someone breaking toward the basket. You can tell he’s hesitant to shoot the ball, now he just needs to learn to find the open players. Unlike last years PGs, at least he can break down the defense.

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
    You guys ****ing hate Udeze.

18 points on 8/12 shooting, 5 boards (2 offensive), 2 assist (3 TO), 2/3 from the line, 1 steal.

I’d love to see him reduce the TO’s. I thought his first one should’ve been a foul on Cinci.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X