Wichita State vs. Cincinnati Pregame Discussion 1-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State vs. Cincinnati Pregame Discussion 1-10-21

WICHITA STATE (6-3, 2-1) vs CINCINNATI (3-6, 1-3)
    SUNDAY, JAN 10, 2021 | 3:30 P.M. CT
    WICHITA, KS/ KOCH ARENA
    TV: ESPN2
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM (GoShockers.com/Listen)
    LAST MEETING: FEBRUARY 23, 2020. WSU 64 - UC 67
    GAME RECAP: CINCINNATI, OHIO –
    Jarron Cumberland made 16 of his conference-record 22 free throw attempts to help Cincinnati hold off Wichita State, 67-64, Sunday afternoon in front of 12,137 fans at Fifth Third Arena.

Jaime Echenique (10 points, 12 rebounds, three blocks) tallied his fifth double-double of the season for Wichita State (20-7, 8-6 American) which erased a nine-point deficit in the final 13 minutes.

Erik Stevenson totaled a team-high 13 points with seven rebounds and three steals. Jamarius Burton added 10 points.

Cumberland went 3-of-11 from the field but drew 13 Shocker fouls on his way to 24 points to lead Cincinnati (18-9, 11-4).

Wichita State shot 32.8 percent from the field, including 7-of-26 from deep, and cashed in 15-of-17 free throws.

Cincinnati shot 37.7 percent and knocked down 6-of-19 from beyond the arc while hitting 21-of-30 free throws.
    Last edited by wichshock65; January 7, 2021, 08:20 PM.

Ralph Miller 67
    Ed Jucker. 60

Comment

I will not miss seeing Cumberland in Koch Arena.

Comment

Cincinnati may be 1-3 but people keep saying they have talent and it’s a matter of time until they figure it out.

Interested to see how the team will respond to Wednesday’s loss. If Tyson is truly the leader of the team I think they will respond well.

If we can bring close to the same kind of effort as the Houston game, minus the 16-0 run portion, it could be a 10 point win.

It’s Cincinnati though and they just beat SMU so imagine it will be a battle until the end.

Comment

Rebound and play our normal game and we win.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Cincinnati may be 1-3 but people keep saying they have talent and it’s a matter of time until they figure it out.

Interested to see how the team will respond to Wednesday’s loss. If Tyson is truly the leader of the team I think they will respond well.

If we can bring close to the same kind of effort as the Houston game, minus the 16-0 run portion, it could be a 10 point win.

It’s Cincinnati though and they just beat SMU so imagine it will be a battle until the end.
            I like this team a lot, but I would say your last statement will be true every game!

Comment

Why do I feel ten games into the season this is a very important contest for many reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Why do I feel ten games into the season this is a very important contest for many reasons?
                I hopped on to say something just like this.....great minds and all. I think this is a huge game. It appears we've likely put away 40% of our road games. Cincy is our Kryptonite. It's time to let them know we aren't ****ing around anymore. This league is such a grinder, the season could go either way but it seems like a very, very important game for the Shocks.

Comment

Cincy just beat SMU... But I think that says more about SMU than it does Cincy. Haven't been impressed with SMU.

With that said, Cincy has had our number just like Houston has. I hope the team is ready to change that. I hope they remember the BS ending last year at home and put their foot on the throat and don't let up.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                    Rebound and play our normal game and we win.
                    Kinda like golfing........just ONCE I'd like to play my normal game

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Cincy just beat SMU... But I think that says more about SMU than it does Cincy. Haven't been impressed with SMU.

With that said, Cincy has had our number just like Houston has. I hope the team is ready to change that. I hope they remember the BS ending last year at home and put their foot on the throat and don't let up.
                      But we only have one game in our scouting where Cincy had a starting Big that left. I haven’t watched them so I don’t know, but it sounds like Cincy used to start two Bigs and against SMU, their starting lineup only had one Big. So we don’t have much to go on, but we do have one game to scout how they’ve changed their offense. I don’t know how much they’ve changed, but SMU had zero games to scout the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

But we only have one game in our scouting where Cincy had a starting Big that left. I haven’t watched them so I don’t know, but it sounds like Cincy used to start two Bigs and against SMU, their starting lineup only had one Big. So we don’t have much to go on, but we do have one game to scout how they’ve changed their offense. I don’t know how much they’ve changed, but SMU had zero games to scout the change.
                        All that's true.. but I'm not sure that's a counter argument to what I said. I just don't think SMU is that good. They got blown out at home by Houston. They struggled with a temple team that had just started their season.

I'm just saying I think we can and should win this game and hope the players that have been here remember the painful losses to Cincy

Comment

My wife and I get to go to the game tomorrow. We were one of the last to get season tickets. I’m hoping that we get to go to the rest of the games. Go Shocks! I think we get a 8 point win.

Comment

I feel like the biggest key for us is to maintain the level of energy especially on TEAM defense.
                            Make them earn every basket.
                            Ball movement, take care of the ball and do much better with assists.
                            Shocks by three

Comment

Shocks by 14

Comment

Working...
                              X