Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I think you are right...next year.
    Maybe. But only if we don't have to rebuild with a new coach and new system.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
      I feel really pissed about how we lost. The game was ours to win if we just had more discipline, took better shots and better care of the ball. I know the difference in rebounds is pretty small, but think about how many offensive rebounds we gave up. It’s just infuriating to think about.

With all that said..... the more rational side of me is thinking more positively. We were never out of the game, and probably even played our best 25 minutes of basketball this year. All the talent is there, the right pieces are there. We just have to put together a full 40 minutes. We can compete with anybody, we just need to finish the job
      Houston's D had a lot to do with our ability to perform. Sampson made some defensive changes at the half that were effective.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• If someone had told me last April that we'd play the #11 team on the road and be competitive for most of the game and lose by single digits, I would have thought they were insane. Then, this November, I would have still had the same thought, even though the recruiting to replace the transfers looked good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          If someone had told me last April that we'd play the #11 team on the road and be competitive for most of the game and lose by single digits, I would have thought they were insane. Then, this November, I would have still had the same thought, even though the recruiting to replace the transfers looked good.
          From last year, we are in agreement.

However, I thought we had a chance to win if we would have been smarter. But again, comparing last year to this year, we were closer. Our combined talent, chemistry, and leadership is much better this year. We got rid of the player/cancer this year, so my hopes have increased.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
            Our run at the end of the 1st half was with Bilau on the court. He didn’t sniff the court the rest of the game.
            Puzzling lineups at times. I don’t get it.

I understand JB is raw and inexperienced and you’re still in it against a ranked team but Jesus, it didn’t look like the moment was too big for him in the first half. Are adjustments being made throughout the game or is there just a set plan from start to finish?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              AG is now 9-36 from three on the year. By comparison RC4, C-Jack, Poor Bear and Jayden are a combined 14-30 combined on threes. OTOH Trey is 5-27 and the Wade brothers are a combined 6-33.
              Thank you. So he is on par with Stevenson. A 25% 3 pt shooter shouldn’t be taking more than half his shots from 3, not to mention the way he takes them. I hope there is some coaching going on here and not letting dawgs just be dawgs.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Pretty good effort tonight. We had them right where we wanted them up by 10 in the 2nd half and Houston was back on their heels for a moment...but an ill-advised 3 from us and they made us pay on 3 consecutive Houston possessions. Hate it when that happens. Oh well...live and learn...on to the next one. Go Shocks!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Dex with his best game of the year by far and against tough competition. Hopefully, he is starting to hit his stride.

Also, been ragging on the big guys about their rebounding but 7 rebounds in 19 minutes by Poor Bear against this team is more than adequate. 2 of those were offensive tip ins.

Need to get Jo as many minutes as we can this year.

I don't think this team so far has been a real good shooting team. Very similar to last year. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more discipline and patience on offense.

The team chemistry is seemingly pretty good and perhaps that's the biggest improvement. The good thing is we are far, far from a finished product so a lot of room and potential to improve.

Comment

• Udeze had one of his best rebound games of the season. He got 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Houston's D had a lot to do with our ability to perform. Sampson made some defensive changes at the half that were effective.
                      Oh yeah Houston deserves a lot of credit. They played really well in the second half. But we still had missed opportunities, whether it be turning the ball over, taking bad shots, missing box outs, etc. Things that we can control and hopefully improve upon in the future.

Those are little things we have to do consistently to get over the hump and beat elite teams.

Comment

• watch out for these baby Shox.
                        Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Thank you. So he is on par with Stevenson. A 25% 3 pt shooter shouldn’t be taking more than half his shots from 3, not to mention the way he takes them. I hope there is some coaching going on here and not letting dawgs just be dawgs.
                          I’d still take AG playing like this with those stats than Stevenson on our team again any day!! :) We have a special group of guys this year. I’m sure everyone will learn from this, even the coaches.

was I the only one that saw a little more boxing out in the second half? One from Tyson and the other from Wade stuck out to me where they pushed their guys out but Houston still ended up getting the ball. Now to get all 5 guys to do it at the same time.....

IPBC played well. Still seems like he gets hurt at some point every game and has to get taken out. He should definitely be starting over MO. He may just play better coming off the bench so they aren’t making an adjustment yet.

Dex stepped up this game- happy for him!

Countdown to Sunday starts now....

Comment

• Adjustments coming. I think IPBC deserves a chance to start. We will see some head scratching games from him, but I really feel he has a chance to "break out" once the team learned how to find him open. Which he seems to be a lot. First off the bench could be JB to get him up to speed. Both did well against a tough Houston team.

I see a lot of "we should have done this" and "that". Los of *woulda, could a, shoulda" when in reality that same really tough, ranked 11 Houston team, on their court... Had something to say about it. Let's just say they were on the ropes from our Shocks, and were mighty proud of their win streak and did everything they needed to do to pull out the victory on their home court.

Keep on keeping on HCIB and our warrior Shockers, you got this.

Comment

• Agree on all the chatter about Bilau. He looked good when he was in there any maybe could’ve been a factor. He gets out of position at times, but last night he didn’t look panicked and he seems to know he’s not a shooter right now - he can pass out of the post. I wanna see more of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Agree on all the chatter about Bilau. He looked good when he was in there any maybe could’ve been a factor. He gets out of position at times, but last night he didn’t look panicked and he seems to know he’s not a shooter right now - he can pass out of the post. I wanna see more of him.
                                I’m wondering if they are limiting his playing time because he still isn’t 100%? Seems like if he plays in the first, he doesn’t touch the court in the second.

Comment

Working...
                                X