X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
    Our run at the end of the 1st half was with Bilau on the court. He didn’t sniff the court the rest of the game.
    Puzzling lineups at times. I don’t get it.

I understand JB is raw and inexperienced and you’re still in it against a ranked team but Jesus, it didn’t look like the moment was too big for him in the first half. Are adjustments being made throughout the game or is there just a set plan from start to finish?

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    If someone had told me last April that we'd play the #11 team on the road and be competitive for most of the game and lose by single digits, I would have thought they were insane. Then, this November, I would have still had the same thought, even though the recruiting to replace the transfers looked good.
    From last year, we are in agreement.

However, I thought we had a chance to win if we would have been smarter. But again, comparing last year to this year, we were closer. Our combined talent, chemistry, and leadership is much better this year. We got rid of the player/cancer this year, so my hopes have increased.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    If someone had told me last April that we'd play the #11 team on the road and be competitive for most of the game and lose by single digits, I would have thought they were insane. Then, this November, I would have still had the same thought, even though the recruiting to replace the transfers looked good.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Originally posted by shockersx View Post
    I feel really pissed about how we lost. The game was ours to win if we just had more discipline, took better shots and better care of the ball. I know the difference in rebounds is pretty small, but think about how many offensive rebounds we gave up. It’s just infuriating to think about.

With all that said..... the more rational side of me is thinking more positively. We were never out of the game, and probably even played our best 25 minutes of basketball this year. All the talent is there, the right pieces are there. We just have to put together a full 40 minutes. We can compete with anybody, we just need to finish the job
    Houston's D had a lot to do with our ability to perform. Sampson made some defensive changes at the half that were effective.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I think you are right...next year.
    Maybe. But only if we don't have to rebuild with a new coach and new system.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Just got back from the game. Don’t really wanna type out a long drawn out observation, but I was glad we played tough and kept it respectable. We have a lot to learn as a team and have a lot of upside still. I like Gilbert but have never seen a guy play smaller than Gilbert. Dude has no ups whatsoever and no confidence once he gets in the paint. I do like his ball handling, speed and penetrating abilities.
    Last edited by Dan; January 6, 2021, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• shockersx
    replied
    If Bilau can turn into a dude, and honestly I thought he should have played more in the second half, I feel reallll good about our future. Need him to develop nicely and bring in another 6’9-6’11 mobile, athletic run and jump center that’s got a mean streak. I understand those guys don’t grow on trees though. I’m also pretty optimistic about Seymour’s future too. He’s looked promising in limited minutes.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

In my opinion its not fair to link the Wade Brothers together for 3 point percentage. Trevin hardly gets to play. But Tre shooting 5-27 is terrible. Many of those shots are wide open threes. This team needs another player that can consistently knock down 3's. It might be CP, RC or CJ. Those open 3 have to be knocked down. !!!!!
    It would be nice if things could click for Jackson sooner than later. I think he just has more raw ability than Trey but he’s just too unreliable on the little things to have on the floor for too long against teams like Houston.

Leave a comment:

• BAShocker
    replied
    Houston indeed has dudes. We have more and better dudes than last year, but not Houston-level dudes.

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU
    replied
    Disappointed but not discouraged. They played hard but made correctable mistakes. We need to win Sunday. Can we beat the bushes in the student body and get a center for this year? I would start Poor Bear and use Jo B as back up. Mo just can’t get it done against legit teams. That Gorham dude is relentless on the boards and we couldn’t stop Grimes without Dex on him.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    AG is now 9-36 from three on the year. By comparison RC4, C-Jack, Poor Bear and Jayden are a combined 14-30 combined on threes. OTOH Trey is 5-27 and the Wade brothers are a combined 6-33.
    In my opinion its not fair to link the Wade Brothers together for 3 point percentage. Trevin hardly gets to play. But Tre shooting 5-27 is terrible. Many of those shots are wide open threes. This team needs another player that can consistently knock down 3's. It might be CP, RC or CJ. Those open 3 have to be knocked down. !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ShockRef
    replied
    Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

Possibly a reason why no one wanted to pick him up when he went into the transfer portal this summer?
    Quite true.
    He thought KL was going to help him @ Minnesota, but didn't find a welcome mat rolled out when he called.
    He is Valley level and getting lots of playing time due to lack of AAC ready players. He would find life a lot better at say, Southern Illinois.
    Don't think he is a bad guy or locker room cancer, just not AAC level or have the potential to get there.

That is all.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    The announcers were fine besides reminding everyone Houston was going for a 6th straight win against us. That probably got mentioned 5 or 6 times. We get it. Houston has owned WSU the last few years.
    Yeah Reid Gettys has been around for awhile. He is Houston through and through, but I remember him doing the Saturday afternoon Big12 games back in the day when they were only regional.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Final score was about what I thought it would be. I didn’t expect to win going into the game but it was a disappointing result after being up 10 in the second half.

Dexter, Gilbert, and...Trey maybe? each had a three that rimmed in and out during their 16-0 run in the second half while Gorman couldn’t miss. Any one of those goes in and maybe we settle down a little more.

I thought Tyson forced a little too much this game.

Trey needed to hit more of his open looks.

I like Jackson but he is just not ready for a team like Houston. His mental errors seem to compound upon each other quickly.

Gilbert’s turnover when we cut it to 4 really hurt.

It goes without saying but Houston is really good. They play suffocating defense, rebound like their life depends on it (and jump all over backs), and are incredible at getting in the lane and hitting pull up jumpers and floaters.

All in all we competed much better and looked liked we belong in the gym with a really good team. A win in the game at Koch isn’t guaranteed. Still a lot to clean up and work on but now they know the kind of effort it’s going to take if they want to beat the best team in the league.

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied
    The announcers were fine besides reminding everyone Houston was going for a 6th straight win against us. That probably got mentioned 5 or 6 times. We get it. Houston has owned WSU the last few years.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X