Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 NET Rankings Thread (Initial rankings 1/4/21)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pie n eye
    replied
    My original prediction of what we need down the stretch still stands. Go 1-1 in Q1, lose no more than one Q2 and no more than one Q3 game remaining and we should be in.

It would be hilarious in a not funny sort of way if we had a great KP rank all those years but didn’t really benefit from it because the rest of our resume was MVC and then this year we have have a solid resume but crappy KP/NET and they use that to keep us out.

I don’t think that will happen because those ranks will improve if we continue to win games even if it is at a glacial pace.

I also think if it’s close that we should get some sort of partial credit for OSU considering our COVID circumstances at the time. That’s probably a tough case to make though since all of our main contributors technically played that game albeit in a limited fashion and weren’t really able to practice leading up to the game. I understand it will be difficult for the committee to parse such things.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Updated for 1/21

Resume Analysis right now. Right now it's definitely a better resume than some teams that are projected in (cough Drake cough).

Pros:
    Q1 Road win
    No losses outside Q1/Q2. 3 of 4 losses are to currently ranked teams
    Only 1 Q4 game
    Strong SOS and RPI

Cons:
    Only 1 Q1 win
    Bad NET and KP (analytical measures are killing us)

Next few games have multiple Q1/Q2 opportunities. Need at least 1 of the Q1 games and probably drop no more than 1 of the Q2 games.
    Why can the analytical metrics not measure what we are currently doing? We are playing a lot of good teams and winning even though by not very much. Drake for example (and many others) play lots of bad teams and win by a lot. C'mon Mathematicians. Figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Updated for 1/21

Resume Analysis right now. Right now it's definitely a better resume than some teams that are projected in (cough Drake cough).

Pros:
    Q1 Road win
    No losses outside Q1/Q2. 3 of 4 losses are to currently ranked teams
    Only 1 Q4 game
    Strong SOS and RPI

Cons:
    Only 1 Q1 win
    Bad NET and KP (analytical measures are killing us)

Next few games have multiple Q1/Q2 opportunities. Need at least 1 of the Q1 games and probably drop no more than 1 of the Q2 games.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Weird. Seeing how our NET goes down when we win, I figured it’d go way up with that L.
    I believe it is because Kenpom preseason expectations weighting are still having an effect on WSU ratings since they have missed so many games in their schedule.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    WSU NET went from 59 to 70 after last night loss. WSU KenPom went from 79 to 70.
    Weird. Seeing how our NET goes down when we win, I figured it’d go way up with that L.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    WSU NET went from 59 to 70 after last night loss. WSU KenPom went from 79 to 70.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by jdmee View Post
    There are only 4 conferences where every team is above 200 in NET. AAC, ACC, Big 10 and SEC.
    The Big 12, Big East, and A 10 are doing better than our conference with more top tier teams, but doing worse at the bottom. However, I don't know if it would help us to have more games and beat them all (those below us helping us or not). Beating Houston should help us but there is no sense why our conference is doing so poorly when the bottom of our conference has significantly improved this year.

Leave a comment:

• jdmee
    replied
    There are only 4 conferences where every team is above 200 in NET. AAC, ACC, Big 10 and SEC.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Updated 1/21 - WSU has fallen 9 spots in the last 5 days without playing. Tulsa has fallen out of the Top 75 costing us a Q1 win and moving the home game to Q3. UCF is now borderline Q1/Q2.

We really need to throttle some of the lower end competition to bump up the raw NET score because there aren't a lot of good opportunities left.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Updated 1/15 due to some movement all around. Temple jumps up after the win vs UCF and UCF drops. WSU moves to Top 50

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Updated 1/14

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    We jumped up to 54 after that win. I'll update the OP later. Officially in bubble territory.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied

Day to Day update from Yesterday to today

Wichita State: 64->64
    Cincy: 107->105

So the game didn't really help us but helped Cincy. Probably due to how close the game ended up. If we could have cleaned up the last 4 minutes and won by 10+ we likely would have gained a bit more.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Was this strictly due to our game with Cincy or was it for the week where we lost @Houston and they won @SMU? They had 2 road games.
    Day to Day update from Yesterday to today

Wichita State: 64->64
    Cincy: 107->105

So the game didn't really help us but helped Cincy. Probably due to how close the game ended up. If we could have cleaned up the last 4 minutes and won by 10+ we likely would have gained a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Updated 1/11/21

Yesterday's game helped Cincy more than it did us.
    Was this strictly due to our game with Cincy or was it for the week where we lost @Houston and they won @SMU? They had 2 road games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X